Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4281 MrsLewistobe

MrsLewistobe
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

Okay ladies, I talked to my travel agent this morning. She had been out of the country on her own vacation when all these issues came up with Dreams. She made me feel much better. She agreed with TA Jill and said that usually the guests that get bumped booked their reservations with an online service (Orbitz, Travelocity, etc) or if they book directly thru the hotel.

All of our guests used her to book and most of them are thru Apple Vacations. She said they should not try to move them. She said the Dreams Resorts needs to keep all of their contracted travel company guests happy. Plus they realize that we will have Apple reps there to help us if there is an issue when we try to check in.

She also said that they usually do not overbook their hotel like this. There was a major computer glitch in April. She said something happened and they were giving out confirmations I think on their own website and it wasn't taking the rooms out of inventory. In all the years she has only had this happen once with Dreams. She said that was Spring Break time, around Easter, etc. and a VERY busy time for Cancun in general.

So she told me not to worry. She said Dreams usually takes very good care of their guests. She said that we should be fine. So I just wanted to pass that long to all of the upcoming brides that are stressed out like I was. I think as long as they get the gazebo ready on time, then everything will work out for us. :) And I am trying to stay positive.

Amy

#4282 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

mmmm mango tangos ... thanks for the memories, jenn! i don't even want to think of how many calories i consumed that week in drinks alone!

#4283 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
      • 1,236 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

I know!..With all of this DC talk today I was really missing it :-(
        How did almost a year pass already

Actually I like the Bahama mama's the best..LOL But yes, I can only imagine how many calories are in just one of those drinks! Totally worth it though
        Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
        My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#4284 MrsLewistobe

MrsLewistobe
        • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

Thanks y'all are making me feel better. I will just think about the tropical drinks and fun in the sun and try not to worry about anything else. Does anybody know how to say make it a double in Spanish? Lol :)

Amy

#4285 MrsLewistobe

MrsLewistobe
          • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

The manager of Dreams just sent me some photos of the new gazebo. But when I try to upload them it says they are invalid files. I don't know why, they are jpegs. Can someone help? I know everybody will want to see these new photos. One is of an actual wedding that took place yesterday.

Amy

#4286 chipotle99

chipotle99
            • 311 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MrsLewistobe
              Thanks y'all are making me feel better. I will just think about the tropical drinks and fun in the sun and try not to worry about anything else. Does anybody know how to say make it a double in Spanish? Lol :)

Amy
              Lol...just say "muy fuerte por favor!" Works every time

#4287 meldal101010

meldal101010
              • 444 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MrsLewistobe
                The manager of Dreams just sent me some photos of the new gazebo. But when I try to upload them it says they are invalid files. I don't know why, they are jpegs. Can someone help? I know everybody will want to see these new photos. One is of an actual wedding that took place yesterday.

Amy
                Have you tried sending them to your photobucket account & then copying the image file from there and posting that way?

You could email them to me & i'll try if you don't have a photobucket account...melbc80@hotmail.com

Are these pics of the brand new gazebo or just the temporary gazebo?

#4288 meldal101010

meldal101010
                • 444 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:31 PM

OK....She has sent me the photos of the new gazebo....the first is an illustration of what the gazebo will look like when completed. I really hope this isn't exactly as it will look as it is alittle underwhelming IMO...Regardless, thanks so much for letting us post them so we can be kept in the loop with the changes :)

Click the image to open in full size.

The next few are what it looks like up to now...

A wedding that has already taken place there...

#4289 chipotle99

chipotle99
                  • 311 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

Mrs.Lewistobe...thank you so much for sharing!

And omg....seriously It looks like a UFO! Definitely loses the wow factor of the previous one...I guess I should wait until it's all done to complain :)

#4290 chipotle99

chipotle99
                    • 311 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

ok, I have to post again, i hate to be Debbie downer...I guess the original one was just more traditional looking which I liked...

The new one could look really nice once it is finished, maybe add some organza curtains.. It just needs more depth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter