Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4181 StarfishBride2010

StarfishBride2010
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

We are staying in the honeymoon suite for the 10 days we will be there in June. We will be staying June 2nd through June 12th. We got a really good deal from our travel agent and I have heard the honeymoon suites are really nice. I can keep you posted when I return!

#4182 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:16 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by SheenaMcDonald
      Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in the honeymoon suites? Is it much different and better and what should I expect? Since we are getting married at a busy time of year our travel agent told us that we should maybe book a suite instead of going there and trying to get an upgrade but the price is kind of crazy. Just wondering if its that much better and worth spending the extra money on?
      we're getting married in sept which is the slowest season so we'll definately get upgraded. it might be a little late but i'll post pics for you!!

#4183 toriOary

toriOary
      • Site Supporter
      • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

We are getting married in November, we booked a standard room through Expedia and Cecilia was able to upgrade us to an Ocean View room which is nice but we would have loved a honeymoon suite....... If we have lots of people book to stay at Dreams I may ask her again nearer the time if there is a better upgrade available....... Congrats Lisa on the wedding, good luck!

#4184 JT3

JT3
        • 443 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

This is for the brides or brides to be that have visited the Dreams Resort... I have been reading to many tripadvisor comments in this hotel and well it has me a little worried. I leave in three weeks and I know it is way to late to worry so much about the property but I just need some reassurance that what people are saying in the tripadvisor.com is pure cr*p. LOL Its crunch time and I am supper anxious and nervous... HELP :)

#4185 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
          • 301 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JT3
            This is for the brides or brides to be that have visited the Dreams Resort... I have been reading to many tripadvisor comments in this hotel and well it has me a little worried. I leave in three weeks and I know it is way to late to worry so much about the property but I just need some reassurance that what people are saying in the tripadvisor.com is pure cr*p. LOL Its crunch time and I am supper anxious and nervous... HELP :)
            its crap!!! be assured!!! trip advisor is a GREAT site, but it also attracts some idiots that are never satisfied!!! ive visited dreams and thought it was fantastic, thus booked my wedding there as well!!! you will have the time of your life !!! resort is clean, staff is friendly, beach is gorgeous, food is great, i can never understand how some people on that site can complain sooo much!! keep reading on there and im sure you will find great reviews too!!!

#4186 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
            • 301 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by toriOary
              We are getting married in November, we booked a standard room through Expedia and Cecilia was able to upgrade us to an Ocean View room which is nice but we would have loved a honeymoon suite....... If we have lots of people book to stay at Dreams I may ask her again nearer the time if there is a better upgrade available....... Congrats Lisa on the wedding, good luck!
              did you let cecilia know what sort of room you booked and ask her for an upgrade or did she offer it? we also booked a standard non ocean room on a special....but ive only given her my arrival dates so far....curious to see if i can weasle my way into at least an ocean view as well!

#4187 StarfishBride2010

StarfishBride2010
              • 45 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

Ladies...its worth asking your travel agents about upgrades...the good ones will do their best to get you an upgrade...they often times have the connections to make that happen. Just wanted to throw that out there.

#4188 chipotle99

chipotle99
                • 311 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

So I talked to Cecilia today, she told me they are renovating the terrace...no more "palapas" or individual hut things (see pic), so she thinks the terrace might be more spacious given there will be no poles in the way...not sure about any of the details though...maybe whoever goes down next can let us know about the new changes...

Now if only they would renovate the rooms, it'd be great :) And make an infinity pool instead of the lagoon...lol

Click the image to open in full size.

#4189 JT3

JT3
                  • 443 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Question for ladies that have visited Dreams or anyone that may knwo the answer. Is there like a night club in the resort or associated with the resort.. I heard of some people talk about the lobby of the resort that they get a DJ or what not. I was just wondering if any of you ladies know any more detail.

#4190 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
                    • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by chipotle99
                      So I talked to Cecilia today, she told me they are renovating the terrace...no more "palapas" or individual hut things (see pic), so she thinks the terrace might be more spacious given there will be no poles in the way...not sure about any of the details though...maybe whoever goes down next can let us know about the new changes...

Now if only they would renovate the rooms, it'd be great :) And make an infinity pool instead of the lagoon...lol

Question for ladies that have visited Dreams or anyone that may knwo the answer. Is there like a night club in the resort or associated with the resort.. I heard of some people talk about the lobby of the resort that they get a DJ or what not. I was just wondering if any of you ladies know any more detail.
                      There is a club that is basically attached to the resort, it's called Azucar Bar. I believe you get free admission and 2 free drinks, but since it's technically not in Dreams, it's not part of the all inclusive, so there can be outside people there and you will have to pay after the first 2 drinks (although we only went there for the Hypnotist the one night and had just our 2 drinks, so i don't know if they actually charge you and if they are expensive)
                      The bar in the lobby (not the one in the tower, the one where you check in) they usually have someone there playing the guitar and singing, but it was kind of Mellow when I was there. We spent alot of time there at night though. Mainly because we were so tired we just wanted to stay in the resort.
                      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter