Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4161 toriOary

toriOary
  • Site Supporter
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

Thanks PhillyBride, I believe you need a certain category of room, we just booked a standard room so even though we are staying 9 nights I dont think we get it - bummer But probably TA Jill can confirm this for us.

We are having our reception at the Garden, Jason my other half does not like sand in his feet and we have a little 7 year old that also has the same dislike to sand in their shoes / toes so the garden should still give us a good view without the headache of these moaning :)

Good luck all -
    Tori

#4162 Michelle613

Michelle613
    • 331 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

Hey girls,

Feels like I haven't been on here forever, however I do look at the emails I get to my phone although they don't always include every new post I've realized many brides are doing the reception at the Himitsu Beach -- I told Claudia "beach" for reception and never specified which one b/c from pics it always seemed like the one by the Tower. Can anyone tell me the difference and why everyone prefers the Himitsu Beach?
      Michelle & Arsen
      Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#4163 chipotle99

chipotle99
      • 311 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

I originally thought about Himitsu beach because the wind factor is less, the sunset happens there, and now that the other beach got re-done, I think it's way huge and probably not as intimate (all stipulation based off facebook pics). The cons to H-beach are that the restaurant is right there and hence a lot of observers. On a positive note, Cecilia mentioned that a reception at the new beach could probably go on till midnight (opposed to 11pm everywhere else).

#4164 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by toriOary
          Thanks PhillyBride, I believe you need a certain category of room, we just booked a standard room so even though we are staying 9 nights I dont think we get it - bummer
          Hey girls,

Feels like I haven't been on here forever, however I do look at the emails I get to my phone although they don't always include every new post I've realized many brides are doing the reception at the Himitsu Beach -- I told Claudia "beach" for reception and never specified which one b/c from pics it always seemed like the one by the Tower. Can anyone tell me the difference and why everyone prefers the Himitsu Beach?
          Himitsu beach is the beach over on the side of the resort near the lighthouse and where the sunsets. It's a smaller beach which I think is nice if you have a small amount of guests. I think the tower beach is so large that if you only have a few tables, they might get lost out there :)

Hope that helps!

#4165 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
          • 656 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

Carolina, we are doing sparklers too, but for our first dance at sunset. It will be too light at the ceremony.

OMGosh... a new review...finally! I still want one with the new gazebo view though. Oh well, at least a new one will be exciting!

#4166 chipotle99

chipotle99
            • 311 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

Yea me too, I looove reviews...who's next? Any april 2010 brides?

#4167 MrsLewistobe

MrsLewistobe
              • 31 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

Thanks for all the input on the beach reception locations and honeymoon packages! I am getting married May 2nd and I will post a review with gazebo photos a.s.a.p. I know how much I love reading them and looking at everyone's photos! :)

Amy

#4168 JT3

JT3
                • 443 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hey Mrs Lewis I am getting maried may 8 2010... Good luck with everything

#4169 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
                  • 656 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

Happy April Fools Day Everyone! Don't let anyone tell you that Dreams Cancun is shutting down... or worse, that BDW is closing shop! That would be a horrible prank!

#4170 JT3

JT3
                    • 443 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

LOL.. You are very right...LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter