Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3801 JT3

JT3
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

Michelle613 Thats great news... I am sooo happy for you... :)

#3802 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:16 PM

glad your date is correct!!! we were going to stay at Secrets Maroma for the HM, but our TA convinced us to try El Dorado Maroma and it looks amazing as well. It's A LOT smaller (74 suites) and very laid back (not a party hotel). Secrets is the sister resort of Dreams (adults only as well as EDM). They are both on Maroma beach (top 10 beaches by Travel Chanel) and both are voted top most romantic hotels by trip advisor.

#3803 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:57 PM

omg michelle i think she was trying to give you a heart attack! thank god everything is correct!

as for honeymoons, we went to ireland a month after our wedding, so i'm no help really, lol. i'm not sure whether you can get any kind of discount or *honeymoon* package if you book with another resort in the AMresorts chain like secrets tho ... might be worth looking into.

if not, i have heard amazing things about the excellence resorts in mexico, and i believe they are adults-only.

#3804 chipotle99

chipotle99
        • 311 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

I was just thinking about this too! My dream honeymoon would be Morocco, but realistically speaking here, it will be in the riviera maya somewhere.

Have you heard of Escencia Luxury Villa? Private pool/jacuzzi, it's supposed to be one of the most romantic secluded places somewhere near Playa del Carmen. It might be pricy though, but a lot more private than big resorts.

#3805 jas101080

jas101080
          • 43 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:07 AM

I have personally stayed at the Excellence Playa Mujeres. It is gorgeous there it is a really good choice for your honeymoon. It was perfect if you want to relax and spend some alone time with your hubby. When my fiance and I went in October last year we met so many couples on their honeymoon and they were having a great time. Good luck with your decision!

#3806 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:42 AM

El Dorado Royale & Casitas Royale are also beautiful for honeymoon options.

And as someone mentioned above, Maroma beach is fabulous, so any of the resorts there will be great choices as well.

#3807 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
              • Banned
              • 313 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:34 PM

Past Dreams Brides...I have a question for you...did anyone ever purchase fireworks for their reception? I am getting married on June 8th, 2010 and doing a beach reception ...I would love to purchase fireworks for my guests to enjoy!
                Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#3808 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

lindsey, unfortunately i'm pretty sure that both fireworks and bonfires are strictly forbidden at dreams cancun. it really sucks bc i love all the wedding pics i've seen with them. i guess there's no harm in asking your WC tho ... i imagine sometimes rules will get bent for a price?

#3809 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
                  • Banned
                  • 313 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Cougs...I will email Cecilia this week and let you ladies know what I find out. I thought within this thread somewhere a Dreams bride had fireworks I just can't seem to find it.
                    Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#3810 Mardigras

Mardigras
                    • 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

Question for you ladies. How many of you are (or have) using the photographer that comes with the Dreams package?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter