Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3651 toriOary

toriOary
  • Site Supporter
  • 61 posts

    Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

    Hi Yencie;
    Sorry not sure how you start a thread, I believe just like in the newbie section though you start on the main page, and use create.

    For Dreams brides - I keep getting different answers - are outside vendors allowed? I notice the DJ's seen cheaper then the DJ's from Dreams directly and I believe they are the same companies whether you book through Dreams or on your own, either Mania or Morreix, but I belive Dreams charge a surcharge for booking them....

    Does anyone know if it is OK to book these things directly?

    THanks,
    Tori

    #3652 DJMannia

    DJMannia
    • Vendor
    • 149 posts

      Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

      Hi,
      Just want to clarify , that Mannia Dj services doesn´t have a new owner in Cancun , we are the same company that provides services in Cancun, Riviera Maya and surrounding areas , Guadalajara Jalisco and Dominican Republic ,
      we have been working with Dreams Cancun for around 3 years without any problem we don´t know why Cecilia saids that, but well that is something that we will ask her about

      #3653 carolina24

      carolina24
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,573 posts

        Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by toriOary
        Hi Yencie;
        Sorry not sure how you start a thread, I believe just like in the newbie section though you start on the main page, and use create.

        For Dreams brides - I keep getting different answers - are outside vendors allowed? I notice the DJ's seen cheaper then the DJ's from Dreams directly and I believe they are the same companies whether you book through Dreams or on your own, either Mania or Morreix, but I belive Dreams charge a surcharge for booking them....

        Does anyone know if it is OK to book these things directly?

        THanks,
        Tori
        you can bring in outside vendors (it costs $100 each). However if Dreams has a contract with these (like DJMania), then you can't book them individually.

        #3654 AmandDex

        AmandDex
        • Newbie
        • 10 posts

          Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:18 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by yencie
          Hi Ladies!!!
          Well I arrived in Cancun yesterday and went for my site visit at Dreams Cancun today. Let me tell you that I fell in LOVE with Dreams. The gazebo is absolutely beautiful and for the most part isolated from the other busy areas which was important to me. I did my site visit with Cecilia and she was awesome! Anything I asked from her she let me know that it was possible which I loved. She totally took her time with me and my fiance even though she had a wedding that day at 2pm. As we were on our tour several guests from a wedding party she had done the night before stopped to say hi to her and they seemed very happy. The resort is not too big, not too small, but perfect. It was VERY VERY windy when we were there. I am not sure if it is always that windy there since the whole day that day wherever we were was windy. Cecilia did say though that it is usually windy. I definetly think that for our wedding, my bridesmaids and I will need an updo. There was construction going on off to the side of the gazebo towards the beach area? Cecilia said that the goverment is working on making it a "better" beach and once it's done it should look wonderful. I had asked her if they had any other types of chairs for ceremony/reception. (The chairs they use now are kind of a dark purple color and actually need the white covers or else I don't think they would look as nice. Cecilia actually told me that they were thinking of ordering Tiffany chairs and that they will hopefully have it in the future. Cecilia showed us the Terrace in the back of the Spa and said that although they have not done many, there is an option to have a reception by the terrace in the back of the spa. She said the only condition is that the reception must be at 8pm, since that is when the spa closes. She said that this is the only place where you can have your wedding until later as it isn't really in the hotel and the noise does not bother anybody. Any other place she said the reception has to be over at 11pm. Also I asked her about the two DJ's, DJ Mannia, and DJ Doremixx. According to Cecilia the owner of DJ Mannia has moved to Dominican Republic and they have a new owner. She said that the MC is great but did say that lately they've had a couple of problems with the DJ? She didn't specify what but I believe she said that these owners were more unorganized. She gave good reviews about Doremixx. All in all I fell in love with Dreams. My fiance and I booked our date even though it's far away and I'm waiting on the proposal (July 23,2011) I am very much excited. As I am still in Cancun (I love free internet service and my laptop...lol) I will try and post pictures when I get back home :) Hope this helps!
          Great information! Thank you! I want to see pictures when you get back if you can post them that would be great. I have a question is Claudia still working there or did you only see Cecilia?

          #3655 yencie

          yencie
          • Newbie
          • 33 posts

            Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by AmandDex
            Great information! Thank you! I want to see pictures when you get back if you can post them that would be great. I have a question is Claudia still working there or did you only see Cecilia?
            I'm actually not sure who else is working there. I have been in emailing back and forth with Cecilia for a couple of months now and that was why I met with her. Cecilia actually also had a new girl there that I believe she said was an understudy. Those are the only two wedding coordinators that I met with. I do remember though emailing the main email for dreamscancun once and getting a response from Claudia so I'm assuming she is still there. I leave back to jersey today I LOVE Mexico!!! lol Talk to you guys when I get back!

            #3656 carolina24

            carolina24
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,573 posts

              Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AmandDex
              Great information! Thank you! I want to see pictures when you get back if you can post them that would be great. I have a question is Claudia still working there or did you only see Cecilia?
              Claudia is still there, I talked with her a week ago b/c Cecilia was at an appointment.

              yencie: sorry you have to come back...thats how I felt!! How was your meeting with Cecilia Dumas? Can't wait to hear about it :)

              #3657 yencie

              yencie
              • Newbie
              • 33 posts

                Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by carolina24
                Claudia is still there, I talked with her a week ago b/c Cecilia was at an appointment.

                yencie: sorry you have to come back...thats how I felt!! How was your meeting with Cecilia Dumas? Can't wait to hear about it :)
                Hi Carolina,

                Well I was suppose to meet with Cecilia Dumas at 12:30pm on 11/26, after my meeting with Cecilia from Dreams. Cecilia from Dreams let me use the phone at Dreams to call Cecilia Dumas. When I spoke with Cecilia she sounded confused and said that she didn't understand how her assistant had booked her appt. to meet with me today if she had a wedding to do at 2pm. (Mind you I thought she was the one that set up the appt. over email. So I don't know if I was speaking to her or her assistant?) She had even told me specifically where to meet her at! So I was very happy Cecilia let me call her from Dreams. I asked her if she was available on Saturday (since my fiance and I had booked an excursion for Friday and Sunday) and she said she had a wedding on that day also. She asked me to call her on Sunday when I got back from my excursion and that she would meet with me at whatever time since she was free the whole day. We didn't get back from our excursion until late and frankly I didn't feel like having to go back to downtown cancun so we ended up not calling her. My fiance and I were talking and we will probably be going back to Cancun July of next year again and actually STAY at Dreams Cancun so we can see how everything flows? Anyway, we decided that we will try and meet with her again in person then. I was kind of upset that she had booked to meet with me on the same day as a wedding, but like I said she blamed it on her assistant and seemed apologetic. I'm going to try and not let this misunderstanding influence my decision on Cecilia Dumas, yet.

                #3658 yencie

                yencie
                • Newbie
                • 33 posts

                  Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

                  How do I post pics on this thread?

                  #3659 AmandDex

                  AmandDex
                  • Newbie
                  • 10 posts

                    Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by yencie
                    Hi Carolina,

                    Well I was suppose to meet with Cecilia Dumas at 12:30pm on 11/26, after my meeting with Cecilia from Dreams. Cecilia from Dreams let me use the phone at Dreams to call Cecilia Dumas. When I spoke with Cecilia she sounded confused and said that she didn't understand how her assistant had booked her appt. to meet with me today if she had a wedding to do at 2pm. (Mind you I thought she was the one that set up the appt. over email. So I don't know if I was speaking to her or her assistant?) She had even told me specifically where to meet her at! So I was very happy Cecilia let me call her from Dreams. I asked her if she was available on Saturday (since my fiance and I had booked an excursion for Friday and Sunday) and she said she had a wedding on that day also. She asked me to call her on Sunday when I got back from my excursion and that she would meet with me at whatever time since she was free the whole day. We didn't get back from our excursion until late and frankly I didn't feel like having to go back to downtown cancun so we ended up not calling her. My fiance and I were talking and we will probably be going back to Cancun July of next year again and actually STAY at Dreams Cancun so we can see how everything flows? Anyway, we decided that we will try and meet with her again in person then. I was kind of upset that she had booked to meet with me on the same day as a wedding, but like I said she blamed it on her assistant and seemed apologetic. I'm going to try and not let this misunderstanding influence my decision on Cecilia Dumas, yet.
                    That sounds frustrating! Glad to hear your not taking it that way and your going back in July to find out the Flow. Thanks for the info!

                    #3660 JuneWeddingDreams

                    JuneWeddingDreams
                    • Banned
                    • 313 posts

                      Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

                      I'm getting so frustrated with Cecilia - I have tried to be patient with her lack of communication and I know she is busy but I have to start working on some of my DIY projects that all entail critical information from her. Is anyone else feeling this frustration?
                      Rob and Lindsey

                      24 Booked + Bride and Groom

                      www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter