Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3541 chirorach

chirorach
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Just wanted to thank all the brides who have posted before me! I am still trying to nail down a location... but for the most part it seems like everyone has had great experiences at Dreams Cancun and that is very reassuring! Thanks so much for all the helpful information :-)

#3542 chirorach

chirorach
    • 200 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

Not sure if this has already been addressed in this thread (only read about 150 pages so far ;-)) but has anyone that stayed there had any problem with the temperatures of the hotel rooms? I was reading a bunch of reviews on Expedia and this seemed to be a common complaint--that the rooms did not have individual controls? I also came across a few reviews complaining about the quality of the bathrooms as well--they seemed dated? Any thoughts on the hotel in general aside from the wedding?? Did your party have to wait long to get into restaurants? Were the pools crowded? Etc?

Thanks ladies!!

#3543 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

we had a jr. jacuzzi suite and definitely had problems with the air conditioning in the bedroom area of the suite (seemed to work fine in the living room/dining area). we had maintenance come up several times and every time they tried something different to fix it, but nothing seemed to work. we finally decided to give up and switch rooms on day 4 i think. air in the new room worked just fine. all rooms to my knowledge do have individual controls.

we didn't have any problems getting tables at restaurants or chairs by the pools or beach, BUT we went in the height of the swine flu drama (may) and the resort was pretty empty. actually worked in our favor. not sure what it would be like at full capacity.

overall, all the rooms could use updating. the furniture and decor is OLD. however, they are always kept spotlessly clean. in all, dreams cancun isn't as "pretty" as some of the other resorts. it's more minimalist. it's the level of service at dreams that makes it wonderful, as well as the stunning location. you cannot beat the location if you want to be surrounded by water and close to clubs/shopping/downtown.

#3544 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

Our Air conditioning worked well but our water heater went out! They had it fixed pretty quick though.

I also agree that the rooms could use some updating BUT seriously the views are so amazing and the service is so great that it makes up for all of it. You don't walk in the rooms and think what a dump but it's def not amazing in there. I would pick Dreams again if given the choice.

#3545 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

kat, get out of this thread and go have your baby already! LOL!

#3546 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cougs
              kat, get out of this thread and go have your baby already! LOL!
              LMAO! I wish she would come already! She's stubborn like her mama apparently

#3547 mc5363

mc5363
              • 315 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

I'm getting a little nervous about leaving next week. I just looked a the weather and it looks like there are showers everyday. I really hope we don't get rained out

#3548 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

maria, don't freak ... it called for rain every day during my week's stay too but there was almost nothing.

#3549 carolina24

carolina24
                  • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

hey maria same here with the rain. it rained while we were there but late at night and for only ten to 15 mins; it really wasn't bad...don't worrry :)

#3550 mc5363

mc5363
                    • 315 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

Thanks Ladies! The last thing I need is to bring 40 people on a rained out vacation. I am getting so excited. It's down to the wire...just hope I remember everything:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter