Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2991 Michelle613

Michelle613
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickicolb123
    Me too!! how funny well it looks like i am getting married the day before you so we can maybe scare away the other brides who are looking at our dates! J/K but that is a funny thought
    Lol I agree! I'll definitely be peeking at your wedding from a distance by the way lol I'm so excited I want the year to fly by already.
    Michelle & Arsen
    Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#2992 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
    • 137 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

Me too. I am so ready to get this show on the road

#2993 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

for ladies doing the legal ceremony, i FINALLY got some answers to my questions i sent on april 17th (after re-sending them yesterday)!

1) Could you please tell me the order of the legal ceremony? I need it in order to design our program.
        Reading of marriage license
        Speech
        Rings- vows
        Signing of license
        Declaration of wedding couple

2) We are doing a sand ceremony and having a family member read it for us as you suggested. When will the sand ceremony take place in the ceremony (before or after vows)?
        After signing the license

3) Please send me a copy of the vows we will say.
        Each justice of peace has different ones, we don’t know who will come

claudia also confirmed that we will get the dreams eternity honeymoon package complimentary because we qualify, which is nice. however, she won't let us do the buffet with only 33 people. there is nothing i can pick that will be good for everyone. i don't know what to do. every single entree has seafood except the chicken from the silver menu.

#2994 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
        • 466 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          for ladies doing the legal ceremony, i FINALLY got some answers to my questions i sent on april 17th (after re-sending them yesterday)!

1) Could you please tell me the order of the legal ceremony? I need it in order to design our program.
          Reading of marriage license
          Speech
          Rings- vows
          Signing of license
          Declaration of wedding couple

2) We are doing a sand ceremony and having a family member read it for us as you suggested. When will the sand ceremony take place in the ceremony (before or after vows)?
          After signing the license

3) Please send me a copy of the vows we will say.
          Each justice of peace has different ones, we don’t know who will come

claudia also confirmed that we will get the dreams eternity honeymoon package complimentary because we qualify, which is nice. however, she won't let us do the buffet with only 33 people. there is nothing i can pick that will be good for everyone. i don't know what to do. every single entree has seafood except the chicken from the silver menu.
          Why doesn't the sand come after the vows?? Seems kinda silly after the signing. Maybe there is a good reason, just cannot think of anything now.

My guest list went from 60 to 50 then 40 to 30 now I am at like 26. So I am so totally screwed on the food thing. I was planning a buffett. Oh well. I will just tell the guest what I am having and if they do not like it then eat before they come..hello...it is an all inclusive resort! Just pick something you like since it is your wedding. There is always one complainer in the group!

#2995 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
          • 466 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Michelle613
            I have no idea how they do more then one wedding a day. I will be super pissed if they do that on my day. My wedding is from 5-11 pm. There's no way they can do something that day can they?
            My wedding is at 6 and they offered one of the girls on here either 2 or 7 (I think) anyway. i was livid! Why would they plan to have a wedding 1 hour after mine?? Anyway, I emailed Claudia and she assured me they had enough staff. "Destination" took the 7 o'clock slot so I changed my wedding to 5 (to feel more comfortable). the time of year you are getting married is very popular so do not be surprised if there is more than one wedding on your day especially Friday and saturdays. If I could go back I would have scheduled the wedding on a thursday...JJ!

#2996 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SIMBASIM
              My guest list went from 60 to 50 then 40 to 30 now I am at like 26. So I am so totally screwed on the food thing. I was planning a buffett. Oh well. I will just tell the guest what I am having and if they do not like it then eat before they come..hello...it is an all inclusive resort! Just pick something you like since it is your wedding. There is always one complainer in the group!
              yeah the problem is most of tom's family doesn't eat seafood (btw, we both LOVE seafood, lol) and we have at least two people with seafood allergies. the ONLY entree that doesn't have seafood in it (that isn't additional $$, i.e. platinum menu) is the chicken from the silver menu. and i'm sure people won't like that because his family are all picky and probably won't eat it because it has spinach in it. pains in my ass. also, his godmother is allergic to citrus, and pretty much everything has lime too, lol. i can't win. did i mention my MOH is vegetarian? claudia never answered as to what the vegetarian options are.

#2997 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
              • 137 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

As for the vegetarian options, one of my good friends is one and i asked Daniela a long time ago what the options were. She said just let her know who is and she would have something made for them.

#2998 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
                • 137 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SIMBASIM
                  My wedding is at 6 and they offered one of the girls on here either 2 or 7 (I think) anyway. i was livid! Why would they plan to have a wedding 1 hour after mine?? Anyway, I emailed Claudia and she assured me they had enough staff. "Destination" took the 7 o'clock slot so I changed my wedding to 5 (to feel more comfortable). the time of year you are getting married is very popular so do not be surprised if there is more than one wedding on your day especially Friday and saturdays. If I could go back I would have scheduled the wedding on a thursday...JJ!

You'll have to let us know how the double wedding scenario works out. I am curious how they execute that. It seems as though they would be rushing the first bride out.

#2999 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
                    You'll have to let us know how the double wedding scenario works out. I am curious how they execute that. It seems as though they would be rushing the first bride out.
                    i don't think it would matter too much if one wedding was at the gazebo and the other one on the beach. but then i guess your choices for cocktail hour and reception locations would be whomever signed the contract first. but yeah, if both weddings are at the gazebo and only an hour apart, i'd be pissed off because i want some pics in front of the gazebo with my family and guests and would be majorly annoyed if they were breaking down the chairs and everything to set up for the next couple!

#3000 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
                      As for the vegetarian options, one of my good friends is one and i asked Daniela a long time ago what the options were. She said just let her know who is and she would have something made for them.
                      haha i love that. i'm paying $50 per head and they'll just make "something" ... i don't get a choice of what that something may be? just because someone is vegetarian doesn't mean they like anything without meat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter