Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#291 RoSean

RoSean
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:08 PM

It's official!!!!

I am now a Dreams bride-to-be...6/24/08.

I'm super excited and can't wait...

#292 PaulaV

PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
      Congrats RoSean!!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

#293 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
      • 766 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

Amazing picture Jennifer ! That is a huge wedding reception ! Imagine if it rained that evening, what would of the resort have done to accomadate all those guests ?

Annie

#294 cmw

cmw
        • 108 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

Just went through reading this entire thread!!!! Wow has this helped out!! I am getting married there 4/11/08 and so far have had very few responses from Claudia. I know she is super busy and will get to me when she can!!!

Susan....100people!!! Wow. I think we will have 50-75. How many people does the package accomodate?
          My little Maddux!!!

#295 PaulaV

PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

Yaaay! New Dreams Cancun bride! Be sure to post your wedding date on the forum calendar if you haven't already done so :)

I am doing the ultimate package and it is for 20. I asked for the quote for 50 - she added itemized that in the contract.

#296 RoSean

RoSean
            • 140 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

For the brides that are having a reception.

I got a price from Claudia of Table Decor Option. I noticed that they have listed tablecloths for $15-20 each. Shouldn't tablecloths come with the reception? It seems like we have to pay for every little thing that we need.

What do you think?

Table D©cor Options

Tablecoths
              $ 15 - $ 20 usd + 10% tax each

Napkins
              $ 1.50 usd + 10% tax each

Chair Covers
              $ 4.50 usd + 10% tax each

Ribbons for Chairs
              $ 3.50 usd + 10% tax each

Green Leaves for Plates & napkins
              $ 5.50 usd + 10% tax each

Flowers for Chairs
              $ 9.50 usd + 10% tax each

#297 RoSean

RoSean
              • 140 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:43 PM

I think I'm getting addicted posting to this site....

I need suggestions. I just booked a last minute Cancun trip from 8/10-8/15. The purpose of this trip is for the wedding. Visit Dreams, meet with photographers and videographers. Food tasting, maybe.

What else should I do in preparation for the wedding while I'm over there? The next time I'll go back is on the actual wedding day. I'm thinking I might forget to do something.

Any thoughts?

#298 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by RoSean
                  I think I'm getting addicted posting to this site....

I need suggestions. I just booked a last minute Cancun trip from 8/10-8/15. The purpose of this trip is for the wedding. Visit Dreams, meet with photographers and videographers. Food tasting, maybe.

What else should I do in preparation for the wedding while I'm over there? The next time I'll go back is on the actual wedding day. I'm thinking I might forget to do something.

Any thoughts?
                  Excellent!

Take a detailed list of questions for the wedding coordinator that you meet with at Dreams.
                  As you can see from this thread, we each seem to get bits and pieces answered to our questions. If you have a good list, you can have your questions answered while you are there.

You may want to ask her to see the bows available for the chairs, if you are planning on getting them. Maybe see their decor options.

The details you posted earlier about paying for tablecloths, etc. is news to me... not in the contract she started for me, so maybe you can ask her other little details that are assumed but not included.

What about going to the market in Cancun and looking at the local crafts for something you may want to add to OOT bags or as guests favours if you are planning on having any.

They don't allow for vendors outside of Dreams (with exception of photography that I know of) unless they contract them from their list- ex: firedancers, DJ, band, mariachi, mexican trio, etc.

You may be able to view a wedding from a far. Wkbroome was just married there and mentioned a wedding practically every day on site.

#299 wkbroome

wkbroome
                  • 99 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

It is extremely breezy at Dreams Cancun. I opted not to wear a veil and I am so happy that I did not. My silk flowers in my hair were even blowing in the wind. You have to get the sound equipment for the ceremony.

OH...I will compose a detailed review of my wedding this weekend but....If you plan on using music for your reception, you will need to rent the sound equipment again. Yes, that's right ladies...there is another fee separate than the fee for the ceremony. I believe we paid another $180. Stay posted for my review.

#300 wkbroome

wkbroome
                    • 99 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:27 AM

I saw a wedding the day after mine and there were a total of 121 guests. They had their reception in the garden area and it was lovely. They did rent a dance floor, but it was not extremely big. I went ahead and took a picture of it and the area that was used just in case this was a concern. See attachment and let me know if you have any more questions.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter