Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2781 rabutler816

rabutler816
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

It will not let me open the attachment of the flyer menu!? It says I have not enough points? wtf..Anyways, can someone send to me (RABUTLER815@GMAIL.COM) Also, WHAT IS A FLUER MENU? They told me that with 40+ guests I have to do a Buffet and I have about 75? Please help...

Signed CONFUSED BRIDE...lol
    MRS. BUTLER

DREAMS ROCKS!!!

#2782 Michelle613

Michelle613
    • 331 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mc5363
      Hi ladies! I just got a list of cake pics and prices from Dreams so thought I would share.
      Thanks for posting!
      Michelle & Arsen
      Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#2783 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
      • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by rabutler816
        It will not let me open the attachment of the flyer menu!? It says I have not enough points? wtf..Anyways, can someone send to me (RABUTLER815@GMAIL.COM) Also, WHAT IS A FLUER MENU? They told me that with 40+ guests I have to do a Buffet and I have about 75? Please help...

Check your points now :-) And click away!
        You will learn so much from this thread alone, not to mention this whole Forum. Hang in there
        Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
        My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#2784 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rabutler816
          Also, WHAT IS A FLYER MENU? They told me that with 40+ guests I have to do a Buffet and I have about 75? Please help...
          the flyer menu we were discussing is for a private dinner for just the couple. it has nothing to do with your wedding reception dinner.

i don't think you *have to* do a buffet when you have over 40 guests ... i thought the buffet wasn't an option *unless* you had over 40. at any rate, with 75 people you will probably want to do a buffet, because otherwise you are only allowed one entree selection to be served to everyone, rather than your guests having some options. i'm hoping they'll let us have the buffet even though we don't quite have the required 40 people (emailed claudia, waiting on response).

#2785 mc5363

mc5363
          • 315 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mummergirl
            the flyer menu we were discussing is for a private dinner for just the couple. it has nothing to do with your wedding reception dinner.

i don't think you *have to* do a buffet when you have over 40 guests ... i thought the buffet wasn't an option *unless* you had over 40. at any rate, with 75 people you will probably want to do a buffet, because otherwise you are only allowed one entree selection to be served to everyone, rather than your guests having some options. i'm hoping they'll let us have the buffet even though we don't quite have the required 40 people (emailed claudia, waiting on response).
            I was told that if I had over 40 people for a reception on the beach, I had to have the buffet. I think it actually works out better because you get 3 selections from each course, which allows people a choice. I don't like the idea of only offering one option for dinner. Although my mom did make a good point...if people don't like dinner, they can grab something after since it's all inclusive:)

#2786 mc5363

mc5363
            • 315 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

This may also be helpful. When I was looking for a photographer, I kept a spreadhseet of tha name, package info and prices. It is sometimes difficult to get a response so I thought it would be helpful for you girls to have the price list up front. I decided to go with Cancun Wedding Photography - Michael Marrus.

Attached Files

#2787 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
              • 2,262 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
                i got this off their website, so i'm holding them to it!
                "This package is complimentary when booking a Honeymoon Suite category or higher for a minimum of 7 nights or if 5 rooms are reserved for a minimum of 3 nights at any room category."

i sent claudia an email about it (but don't really expect an answer from her, lol), so i also sent my TA an email asking her to confirm it.
                I've just done the same thing lol

Wonder what cake you get for free - I bet its a slice slapped on a platter lmao If I get one not sure what i'll do with it i'm sure as hell not carrying it to the Hard Rock lol

#2788 mc5363

mc5363
                • 315 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

You probably get the least expensive cake for free. I definitely am not going to upgrade since three desserts are included. Why waste the money on something that will probably go to waste.

#2789 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hartyt509
                    Wonder what cake you get for free - I bet its a slice slapped on a platter lmao If I get one not sure what i'll do with it i'm sure as hell not carrying it to the Hard Rock lol
                    depends on your package ... you're doing the free package now, right? i think you get a little one-tier cake to serve 10. not sure. the dreams ultimate package you get a big enough cake to serve 20, and have to pay extra for more. i'll probably upgrade but not much since there's dessert too.

#2790 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
                      depends on your package ... you're doing the free package now, right? i think you get a little one-tier cake to serve 10. not sure. the dreams ultimate package you get a big enough cake to serve 20, and have to pay extra for more. i'll probably upgrade but not much since there's dessert too.
                      Yeah I am so god knows what it'll be like lol it'll probably get waisted which is a shame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter