Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2561 jcoop

jcoop
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

I was planning on doing my cocktail hour on the terrace, and my reception in the garden...but it looks like the terrace is bigger than I was imagining from other pictures I'd seen. Was there enough room with all those round tables to also have a dance floor/dj? There will be between 40 and 50 people at my wedding, I think.

Also, If I did do the reception in the garden, was it bright enough after the sunset with the tiki torches/lights that they put out? (If anyone here has done that...)

Which place do you think is more private? (I know that neither of them is terribly private).

#2562 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
    • 248 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:42 AM

Can anyone provide me with their wedding coordinators email addresses?? I am trying to contact someone and noone responds back to me

Thanks..
      <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#2563 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
      • 248 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

On that note: I am so upset i just found out that there is another wedding on my date, even though i asked them this about a month ago just to be sure because i wanted to book the salon for my girls. Point is the salon is completely booked and now i get no responses back from my WC. This is sooo aggravating to me because i feel like when i arrive over there they are going to have no clue who i am or have any of my information available. I know a few of you ladies ran into this same situation, i need comforting..lol I dont know who to contact or email anymore due to the fact that noone gets back to me nor seems to care i have so many people with their hotel booked its so scary.. HELP!!
        <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#2564 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

Do you have a travel agent? If so, maybe they can get ahold of them. If not you will just have to wait until they email you back or call down there. How do you know the salon is booked? Did they tell you? It can't be booked all day. Maybe you can get your hair done earlier or later. When I first started planning my wedding they told me there was another wedding my day BUT I never saw anyone in the party if there was. I think maybe they canceled or something. Just try to stay positive sweetie. I am sure they will get back to you soon!

#2565 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

joanna, i posted this in the other dreams thread as well, but the other person on your date is another BDW member! so maybe you two can work together to work things out? it's ggrimmer!

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t24950

#2566 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

posting to see the last reply

#2567 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
              • 444 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

Hey...not to change the subject but I have a quick question. Does anyone know if we can bring our own chair sashes to Dreams? They charge $5 or $6 for colored chair sashes, and I just found them online for WAY cheaper. They are on sale for 10 for $4.90. What do you all think?

#2568 dc22173

dc22173
                • 240 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

I purchased mine online and I am bringing them with me. They are made out of organza so they are really easy to pack. My WC told me that this was not a problem. I was not about to pay $4.00 for each chair sash!!!!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
                  Hey...not to change the subject but I have a quick question. Does anyone know if we can bring our own chair sashes to Dreams? They charge $5 or $6 for colored chair sashes, and I just found them online for WAY cheaper. They are on sale for 10 for $4.90. What do you all think?

#2569 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
                    You can bring whatever you want. Great deal by the way.

#2570 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,853 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

I think that bringing your own sash would be fine.
                      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter