Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2071 lucy106

lucy106
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dc22173
    so my FI and I had decided to do the reception in the ballroom... now he wants to do it on the beach. Does anyone know where I can find pictures of a reception that was done on the beach? I am interested in seeing the set up. Also, is the resort DJ going to charge me extra for the dance floor This just drives me nuts that he can not make up his mind and stick with it
    We did out reception on the beach. This is the only pic I have of it right now as I am still waiting for the professional pics.

Click the image to open in full size.

We had Carlos and Mannia Audio but I dont think there would have been an extra charge to do it on the beach if we had not hired them. I loved it on the beach and wouldnt have done it any other way!

#2072 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cweigner5
      Tina and Lucy - I'm considering the same - 20-25 people in the gazebo, cocktail hour on the terrace, dinner on the beach. But - eek - I don't know where to start or how crazy expensive I'm talking! I received some info from Gaby - so I know what the packages are, but I'm not sure of the little upgrades (looking at the Ultimate Wedding Package). Can you guys give me an idea of your budgets/upgrades (if you feel comfortable - I understand if you don't!) Thanks!!

M

Hello M,

On our contract Gaby gave us a list of prices
      The dreams ultimate package is $2650
      blood work $330
      translation of birth certificates $110
      validation of certificates $181.5
      renting the sound system for the ceremony at gazebo $198

total: $3469.5

chair bows are extra - not sure on exact price - i know i have it somewhere
      lights under the tables are extra
      extra gazebo decor

So that is mainly just the basics - about $3500 for the biggest package - don't forget to add in room and airfare as well.

Great deal though with everything you get in the package . . .

I hope that helps
      Tina

Tina,

We did no gazebo decor, it didnt need it and I thought the price was ridiculous for a 20 minute ceremony. I didnt miss it at all. The chair bows were like $3.50 per chair and that is for the use of them at the ceremony and reception. Their is a huge variety of color including animal print for someone to get sassy with. We did the undertable lighting it was about $25 per table and totally worth it. Other then that I didnt really upgrade. Let me know if you have any other questions.

#2073 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
        I have reserved the 1 br suite but I am considering on downgrading to the Jacuzzi suite because of the cost. I never got pictures of what the room looks like so if anyone has any please post.

Thanks a bunch!!!!
        We stayed in the presidential suite in the pyramid, totally awesome and didnt cost much more then the jacuzzi suite. But we visted our friends in the jacuzzi suite and it was very nice and the view was breathtaking...for whatever all thats worth.

#2074 cancunbride

cancunbride
        • 531 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

Quote:
          so my FI and I had decided to do the reception in the ballroom... now he wants to do it on the beach. Does anyone know where I can find pictures of a reception that was done on the beach? I am interested in seeing the set up. Also, is the resort DJ going to charge me extra for the dance floor This just drives me nuts that he can not make up his mind and stick with it

Im having mine of the beach and there is an extra charge for the dance floor I believe depending on how big you want the dance floor and if you would want it with that fluorescent lighting or not

#2075 epargin

epargin
          • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

Sylvia - your wedding website is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Emily

#2076 epargin

epargin
            • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

Please help!

For those of you who have already gotten married at Dreams - I have a question.

I've heard a lot of people say to not fret over the slow response time from the WC's because most everything can be settled upon arrival on site. My question is - what do you suggest having settled before hand and what should we just not worry about? I'm assuming the obvious items below you should have prior agreement on:

Date
              Time (is this somewhat flexible?)
              Ceremony & Reception location
              # of guests
              Photographer
              Music

What types of things can wait until you are onsite? Here's a list I've come up with and please feel free to share your thoughts/advice on if these should be settled prior:

Ceremony decorations
              Reception decor
              Food
              Flowers

What am I leaving out?

Thanks everyone!

#2077 Dana_C

Dana_C
              • 348 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:21 AM

YAY!! I heard back from Gaby and I think we've got a date!! I guess I'll wait for her to confirm before I start celebrating, lol.

#2078 Kat81

Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:01 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by epargin
                  Please help!

For those of you who have already gotten married at Dreams - I have a question.

I've heard a lot of people say to not fret over the slow response time from the WC's because most everything can be settled upon arrival on site. My question is - what do you suggest having settled before hand and what should we just not worry about? I'm assuming the obvious items below you should have prior agreement on:

Date
                  Time (is this somewhat flexible?)
                  Ceremony & Reception location
                  # of guests
                  Photographer
                  Music

What types of things can wait until you are onsite? Here's a list I've come up with and please feel free to share your thoughts/advice on if these should be settled prior:

Ceremony decorations
                  Reception decor
                  Food
                  Flowers

What am I leaving out?

Thanks everyone!
                  Unless you want anything that may be hard to get such as a certain flower or a certain set up, you should be able to figure it all out when you get there. :) I know it is hard to wait and so frustrating but it will all work out.

#2079 destination

destination
                  • 215 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

Whew! I read this whole thread. I feel like I have been lurking for weeks; I've posted to a couple of threads that I read, but this one is huge! I am glad I read it all; thank you all so much. You have been so helpful to me. I was very frustrated with Claudia not getting back to me too, but now I know it isn't just me. A tip: my travel agent knows Claudia's boss, turns out if your really want an answer have your TA copy the boss on the email.. You get answers within hours! I know its sneaky, but sometimes you need an answer

#2080 destination

destination
                    • 215 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

Oh, I wanted to ask for some opinions. Our ceremony will be at 7 (2 and 7 were the only times available). Is it already dark at this time? I found a website that says the sunset is at 7:34 that day. Does that mean it is gone by that time? I think I can just get pics before the ceremony and then we can attend the cocktail hour with our guests, which would be nice since it seems like everyone here missed that part. What are your thoughts on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter