Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#191 Amy715

Amy715
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:14 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
    First of all, it doesn't seem like she answers the questions very well, maybe she's delirious from the chicken pox.

Second, a couple of weeks she'll be back!!! Ummm, I know a couple of girls on this forum are getting married there within the next few weeks, does she still have that assistant!?!!?
    oh no...now i'm worried....i'll be there in about 1 week!!

#192 PaulaV

PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:28 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Amy715
      oh no...now i'm worried....i'll be there in about 1 week!!
      Oooh Amy! Have you tried calling her or the resort yet? I am sure they have the wedding situation covered...

#193 SusanK

SusanK
      • VIP Member
      • 2,685 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

Claudia told me on the phone that they could accommodate 100 people in the club/terrace area. I better double check because I was counting on using that space, but we already have over 50 people booked. Thanks for posting Claudia's e-mail.
        Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#194 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Susan101207
          Claudia told me on the phone that they could accommodate 100 people in the club/terrace area. I better double check because I was counting on using that space, but we already have over 50 people booked. Thanks for posting Claudia's e-mail.
          Susan let us know what her response is as we may also have over 50. She also mentioned in a previous email that there was an area there for dancing.

Are any of you paying for your guest transportation? She recommended a company called CANCUN VAN. I was going to see how affordable they were.

#195 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

I'm not sure either, I was thinking the same thing. I think I told her we wanted the reception until 10, but I think I want to extend that until at least 11 just in case. After reading Sarahs review I feel like everything is going to fly by!

Susan, what was your timeline again, was dinner at 7? I remembered we discussed this before. I think I told her 630 but I think I want to change that because sunset is at 630 and I want some pics. So maybe I'll do 4 ceremony, 430 to 530 group pics at the beach, 530 to 630 cocktail hour (and our private pics) and dinner at 7.

#196 Amy715

Amy715
            • 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
              Oooh Amy! Have you tried calling her or the resort yet? I am sure they have the wedding situation covered...
              I finally got ahold of Daniella Castillo (Claudia's assistant) and she is taking care of things while Claudia is sick. She was really nice and helpful. She also said Claudia should be back at work in a week.

#197 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Amy715
                I finally got ahold of Daniella Castillo (Claudia's assistant) and she is taking care of things while Claudia is sick. She was really nice and helpful. She also said Claudia should be back at work in a week.
                Great Amy! Just in time for your wedding!

#198 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

Yes, claudia emailed me yesterday and said she went to the doctor and he said another week, she seemed like she can't wait to go back to work!

#199 PaulaV

PaulaV
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,813 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jilly76
                    Yes, claudia emailed me yesterday and said she went to the doctor and he said another week, she seemed like she can't wait to go back to work!
                    I sent her some well wishes and she replied that she felt like a 'strawberry face' ! LOL!

#200 SusanK

SusanK
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,685 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jilly76
                      I'm not sure either, I was thinking the same thing. I think I told her we wanted the reception until 10, but I think I want to extend that until at least 11 just in case. After reading Sarahs review I feel like everything is going to fly by!

Susan, what was your timeline again, was dinner at 7? I remembered we discussed this before. I think I told her 630 but I think I want to change that because sunset is at 630 and I want some pics. So maybe I'll do 4 ceremony, 430 to 530 group pics at the beach, 530 to 630 cocktail hour (and our private pics) and dinner at 7.
                      Jilly-
                      I sent a "first draft" of my timeline to Claudia Rodriguez. I figured photographers have a good feel for how a wedding should flow, and she is quicker about getting back to me than Claudia from Dreams. Anyway, her comments are in blue.

Hello Susan,
                      I think you have all right, just a couple of comments in blue below:
                      On May 5, 2007, at 2:09 PM, Susan Borzynski wrote:

Claudia-
                      How does this look like for a wedding day timeline.
                      What do I need to adjust?
                      DO YOU WANT SOME GETTING READY SHOOTS BEFORE CEREMONY USUALLY WE ARRIVE ONE HOUR PRIOR TO THE CEREMONY TO TAKE THIS
                      4:00 Ceremony
                      4:30 Group shot by the gazebo IT'S GOING TO BE HARD TO GET A GROUP SHOOT OF 70 PEOPLE, UNLESS YOU CAN ASK THE PEOPLE FROM THE HOTEL TO OPEN ONE OF THE ROOMS IN THE TOWER, SO WE CAN TAKE IT FROM ABOVE WITH EVERYONE LOOKING UP
                      4:45-5:45 Cocktail Hour for guests
                      4:45-6:00 Pictures (Bride and Groom with Bride's THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH TIME FOR PICTURES
                      Family and Groom's Family; Bridal Party; Bride and
                      Groom)
                      6:00 Grand Enterance of Bridal Party
                      6:05 First Dance, followed by Second Dance (Bridal
                      Party and Parents)
                      6:15 Toasts
                      6:26 Sunset (What time do Bride and Groom need to FOR SOME REASON SOMETHING GOES A LITTLE LATE THEN YOU WON'T MAKE IT FOR SUNSET BUT ANYWAYS YOU DON'T SEE MUCH OF THE SUNSET FROM THE DREAMS IN CANCUN SUNSETS HAPPEN IN THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE OCEAN AND IN THE CASE OF THE DREAMS THE BUILDINGS BLOCK THE VIEW....sneak out of the reception?)
                      6:30-7:30 Dinner
                      7:30 Father and Daughter Dance
                      7:30-11:00 Dancing

When is the best time to cut the cake? Should we do
                      that immediately following the Grand Entrance?
                      Also, do you suggest that we do some picture of the
                      bride and groom seperate (with bridesmaids and
                      groomsmen) before the ceremony? How much time should
                      we allow for this?
                      Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter