Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubert View Post
We're getting there on the 17th and leaving on the 24th for Riviera Maya for our honeymoon part! Maybe will be able to catch one another the day you arrive!
very cool! i hope we all can meet up and take a photo for the forum (you'll find this group is never satisfied unless they get pics)!

be sure to add your screen name, real name, and wedding date to this thread http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t24950 (copy latest post and insert your info). we're trying to keep it up to date but i know we're missing quite a few!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
before doing all the DIY work, i'd check into whether you'll be able to take them with you to mexico ... i thought i read something on here before about not being able to take matches on the plane? maybe it was just carry-on rules?
I took mine down there with me. I had foryourparty.com make me some up and I just packed them in the middle of my OOT bag stuff and I never got asked or checked. I brought mine there and brought the left overs home with no problem. And people used them a lot. Oh by the way there were inscents in the rooms... I forgot to mention that. The bathrooms had them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubert View Post
Hello everyone,
My name is Joanna and I'm getting married at Dream Cancun May 20th I think...I got my contract from Gaby but when I emailed her asking about the deposit she still hasn't replied...that was about a week ago! We've already put our deposit down for our flight and hotel so I'm hoping everything is okay with the wedding date! Grrrr is so frustrating since you can't ever get a hold of Gaby in person!

Anyway, I'm planning to have the reception on the beach...does anyone know if it might be too windy to have it on the beach?

Thanks
IM a May 14th Bride and Im hosting it on the beach...Its a perfect spot for a May wedding

*****LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT*****

After a long and dreadful process, we finally got our wedding date booked and finalized. We are to be wed on August 14th, 2009.

Believe it or not, Gaby does actually exist. I called numerous people and telephone numbers, and after getting voice mail after voice mail, I finally got right through to Gaby herself. She did not sound happy, but at least the date has been set in stone. Here is what she told me...they book 2 weddings per day. So, for those of you that think your wedding is the only one that day, your probably wrong. They only do two and they are at separate times. Mine is for 6:00pm because someone else already has theirs for 4:00pm. I guess that is not so bad. Gaby assured me that the other wedding party would not get in our way and that we would have 2 separate receptions. So, she said that she would send us a Q & A so we could tell her how many people were going to attend, where on the resort we wanted the wedding and reception, etc. After we fill that out, we send that back to her and she draws up a contract. She said that after the contract is finalized, the deposit would be due. I asked her again if anyone else could take my wedding date and time and she said she marked me down so no one else could take it. So, regarding the deposit, I guess they dont need it until the contract is settled, but they will reserve the date for you before you go through the contractual negotiations. That may put some of you at ease. Anyways, I just thought Id let everyone know. If you have any questions that I can answer, feel free and let me know. I will certainly try to help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlack76 View Post
Here is what she told me...they book 2 weddings per day. So, for those of you that think your wedding is the only one that day, your probably wrong. They only do two and they are at separate times. Mine is for 6:00pm because someone else already has theirs for 4:00pm. I guess that is not so bad. Gaby assured me that the other wedding party would not get in our way and that we would have 2 separate receptions. So, she said that she would send us a Q & A so we could tell her how many people were going to attend, where on the resort we wanted the wedding and reception, etc. After we fill that out, we send that back to her and she draws up a contract. She said that after the contract is finalized, the deposit would be due. I asked her again if anyone else could take my wedding date and time and she said she marked me down so no one else could take it.
congrats on finally getting a date nailed down! best of luck ...

what i still don't understand about the 2 weddings per day is that if they are only 2 hours apart, how can you be sure you will get to have your cocktail hour and reception where *you* wanted it? what if the other bride got her details into contract first? if their wedding is at 4, cocktail at 5, and reception 6-9, you clearly couldn't have your reception where theirs is because they'd overlap. honestly, there aren't that many options, and beach and ballroom were both out of the question for me, so personally i would have had to choose a different date in that scenario.

Just for the record... I was told that on my day the only time I could have my wedding was at four because there were other weddings booked... so I was like whatever four it is. Well, when I got there I was the only wedding that day/ When I was booking I wanted to get married on the day before the day I got. I was told that the day before my wedding was booked and there was only one wedding?! So, I think they are just flighty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
No problem, glad that it came through okay. I didn't order centerpieces. They just did them. Same ones that Kat had. They were nice. Simple and pretty. And best of all... FREE!!
I like free but I bet I am paying for it one way or another..LOL!!

Hey...Does anyone know how far the Walmart is from the resort, and how you get there? Can you hop in a cab or get a shuttle from the resort? I am thinking of seeing what the walmart out there has as far as my center pieces and if they don't have anything I like, I can always just use the one's dreams has. I am really dreading haing to drag a million bags down there. I'm already going to have alot with my OOT bags and it's contents. I know I am just being lazy, but what else is new!! LOL

So if anyone knows how far it is, i would love some info!! :-)

Thanks Girls!