Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1861 cancunbride

cancunbride
  • Member
  • 531 posts

    Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samantha S
    Okay, that helps-- thank you! I will take the advice of having the officiant stand closer, that is lame that people couldn't hear you as that is the whole point of paying so much for stereo equipment for 10 minutes. The version of Canon in D Dawn sent me is great so I can use my iPod, phew!



    Thank you for the song, I appreciate it!! So, did you ask them for centerpieces? I'm getting the idea that if you don't 'order' it from them, they put stuff up anyways because they did that with one other gal. I think they must try to sell it first but then do it anyways because they want it to look nice too because other people will see the weddings and want to have their wedding there in the future... ?? Was it the same that Kat had-- vase with sand and I think a shell or something? Trying to decide if I should just leave the centerpieces alone.

    Samantha, your date is coming up...OMG IM soo excited for you!! woo hoop!

    #1862 dmarie17

    dmarie17
    • Jr. Member
    • 276 posts

      Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
      Okay, that helps-- thank you! I will take the advice of having the officiant stand closer, that is lame that people couldn't hear you as that is the whole point of paying so much for stereo equipment for 10 minutes. The version of Canon in D Dawn sent me is great so I can use my iPod, phew!



      Thank you for the song, I appreciate it!! So, did you ask them for centerpieces? I'm getting the idea that if you don't 'order' it from them, they put stuff up anyways because they did that with one other gal. I think they must try to sell it first but then do it anyways because they want it to look nice too because other people will see the weddings and want to have their wedding there in the future... ?? Was it the same that Kat had-- vase with sand and I think a shell or something? Trying to decide if I should just leave the centerpieces alone.
      No problem, glad that it came through okay. I didn't order centerpieces. They just did them. Same ones that Kat had. They were nice. Simple and pretty. And best of all... FREE!!

      #1863 bbpacco

      bbpacco
      • Newbie
      • 146 posts

        Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by cweigner5
        I'm getting married in June 2009 and I am using Juan Navarro, the photographer through the resort. I reviewed his website and I was pleased with his work. He responded to my questions and he wrote me an e-mail as follows:


        I am honored you like my job and I will be more than happy to help you.
        I cannot sell or offer any packages different from the ones your wedding
        coordinator has already offered you. For any information regarding the
        packages please do not hesitate to contact Claudia Cantillo, your wedding
        coordinator.
        Indeed, the Dreams Ultimate Wedding package includes 50 printed pictures in
        an album and the same pictures in a CD. For this package I shoot around
        250 pictures, and if you are interested in having all the pictures taken in
        a CD you can do so for an extra fee.
        If I can be of any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact
        me.
        Sincerely,
        Juan Navarro


        I hope this helps anyone who is wondering about the photographer at Dreams Cancun. I am just finding it easier to just use all the resources available through the resort. The simpler the better for me.

        Tina
        Tina, do you know how much he charges for the CD?
        thanks

        PeG

        #1864 bbpacco

        bbpacco
        • Newbie
        • 146 posts

          Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

          Dumb question, does any of you know, the Ultimate package said includes 20 people. Does that means 20 guest, or the Bride and Groom plus 18 guests? thank u

          PeG

          #1865 Kat81

          Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

            Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

            Bride and groom plus 18. I talked her out of paying for us for the cocktail hour though because we weren't there.

            #1866 rabbitnow

            rabbitnow
            • Newbie
            • 49 posts

              Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by TA Jill
              Hang, did claudia tell you that they use cancun studios for the photography?

              I had asked if the photographer had a website, but she never said, and she didn't give me a name.

              I did contact cancun studios for prices a few weeks ago, but they didn't mention that they are the photographer there.

              I was just curious, sometimes it so hard to get an answer on things!

              Thanks for posting that info!
              Hey there--- I just found out that the resort that I have been planning my wedding at for the last 11 month is closed ( Dreams Tulum ) and we are being moved to Dreams Cancun with all of our party. I am due to get married in exactly one week and of course a bit stressed now that I have this news.

              Can you please briefly tell me if this resort does wedding on the beach? We were planning a cook out at the beach in Tulum - would that be possible at this resort - and any other piece of information you can share with me would be great since I have 1 day untill I leave to get this all figured out.

              Thanks very very much
              Anna

              #1867 Kat81

              Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

                Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:00 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by rabbitnow
                Hey there--- I just found out that the resort that I have been planning my wedding at for the last 11 month is closed ( Dreams Tulum ) and we are being moved to Dreams Cancun with all of our party. I am due to get married in exactly one week and of course a bit stressed now that I have this news.

                Can you please briefly tell me if this resort does wedding on the beach? We were planning a cook out at the beach in Tulum - would that be possible at this resort - and any other piece of information you can share with me would be great since I have 1 day untill I leave to get this all figured out.

                Thanks very very much
                Holy crap! I just got married at Dreams Cancun and I promise you will have a wonderful time. Although I don't know if you can cook out on the beach they do offer beach ceremonies. I know that when you get there they will plan everything for you. They don't need much advance notice for anything. Just take some deep breaths and know that it will all work out. If you have any questions at all let me know...

                #1868 rabbitnow

                rabbitnow
                • Newbie
                • 49 posts

                  Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

                  Thanks for the note - I will be reading through this thread now to find out as much info as I can about the resort in the next day - does anyone have some videos and or pics that they would be willing to send to me so that I can share that with my FI who of course is also a bit freaked out by all this so that I can calm him and my self a bit.

                  I just had it all planned out in my mind and now have to change it all it's freaking me out A LOT!!!
                  Anna

                  #1869 Kat81

                  Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

                    Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by rabbitnow
                    Thanks for the note - I will be reading through this thread now to find out as much info as I can about the resort in the next day - does anyone have some videos and or pics that they would be willing to send to me so that I can share that with my FI who of course is also a bit freaked out by all this so that I can calm him and my self a bit.

                    I just had it all planned out in my mind and now have to change it all it's freaking me out A LOT!!!
                    Click the link in my signature and there are a few teaser pictures from my wedding there.

                    #1870 stacey

                    stacey

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,853 posts

                      Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

                      [ATTACH]Attachment 2609[/ATTACH]

                      I just recieved the list of spa services and the prices for the Spa. I thought I would pass it on to you all.

                       

                       

                       

                       

                      Attached Files


                      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter