Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#101 SusanK

SusanK
  • VIP Member
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

Does anyone know about the chair bows, what all the color options are I know I have seen coral, tourquoise, and gold in pics.... are there any other colors available?
    Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#102 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

I was thinking of doing those other things they have, the flower things that hang from the back of the chairs (I know, great decscription,huh) Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. I want those for my chairs, I think they cost 650 each, but I won't need too many

#103 cancunbride2be

cancunbride2be
      • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:39 PM

They have a whole rainbow of available colors for the chair bows, along with different materials (satin,chiffon,etc.). We saw the book on our site visit. I couldn't tell you exactly all the colors..but there was a lot to choose from. One comment on the flowers on the back of the chairs...we saw a wedding that tied cala lillies on the back. After the 10 minute ceremony, the clean up crew cut them off and threw them on the ground. It was soo sad and a huge waste of the couples money. Just something to think about....if you are going to do chair flowers, do it at the reception!!
        For the cake....we tried the cheesecake at one (or 2) of the Dreams restuarants and it just wasn't that good. My Fi and I are cheesecake lovers and it just wasn't up to par. We decided to go with the chocolate fountain instead because we just weren't crazy about the cakes there.
        Happily Married 1/25/08
        Dreams Resort, Cancun

#104 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:15 AM

Poor Claudia! Must have been so busy this weekend... she sent me an email at 3am this morning my time.

Just wanted to share some of her answers to my questions with you. I know some of these have been asked already, but I wanted to make sure I could clarify them with her as well:

Will the ceremony be able to be performed in English?
          yes

Is there the ability to hook up an iPod?
          yes you can connect your ipod

If we hire an outside photographer, would there be a charge for bringing them onsite?
          No problem
          (she didn't say if there was a charge though)

Can we get credit for the photos included in this package and use towards something else?
          yes
          Did not say how much, but I am going off of what she told Susan

Do you also allow for outside florists for bouquets?
          No I`m sorry
          Darn it... hopefullly say can get what I want since I didn't find what I wanted in the ppt she sent

For the cocktail hour, is the price the same regardless if the guest drinks alcohol or not?
          Price is the same

For the menus, do you allow any substitutions between the silver and platinum into the gold menu? Ex: We would like to have a Mexican soup and a salad to replace the Chinese chicken in the gold menu.
          silver & gold only

For the dinner, the hours are between 5:30-8:30pm. Is there an extra charge to stay until 10 or 11pm?
          yes $ 10 usd + 15% service + 10% tax per person
          Anyone staying longer or are you going to do something else?
          Is there a dancing area near the Club terrace?
          yes

Do you have any sample of the Caribbean trio music?
          Unfortunately I don`t have
          Does anyone know if they allow for outside live music?

Can we reherse the evening before the wedding?
          yes of course

Would we be able to reserve an area for dinner for our guests on the Friday before the wedding?
          $ 10 usd charge per person in some of our restaurants, this will depend on the number of your guests

Is there a hotel shuttle service from the airport to the hotel?
          Or is there a preferred vendor you would recommend?
          We don’t have shuttle services, but at the airport there are taxis, private transportation, etc.
          There is a company CANCUN VAN, they have good prices.

Now I have more questions for her, hopefully she won't be annoyed by me Click the image to open in full size.

#105 SusanK

SusanK
          • VIP Member
          • 2,685 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for the info! Yeah...I'm not sure about the extra fee to stay and party, what's that all about? If you stay past 8:30, you have to pay, even if dinner is over? That doesn't seem right.

#106 PaulaV

PaulaV
            • VIP Member
            • 2,813 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

Maybe it's to keep the bar open and keep the wait staff around?

#107 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:41 PM

but didn't someone say there is a bar right near the terrace anyway, so you wouldn't really even need your own? this is just a guess, I really have no idea!

#108 SusanK

SusanK
                • VIP Member
                • 2,685 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:17 PM

Yes there is a bar located at the terrace. You wouldn't really need waitstaff after dinner is cleared.

#109 PaulaV

PaulaV
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,813 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

Hmmm... wonder what it is for then? I will have to ask her.

#110 SusanK

SusanK
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,685 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

Looks like I'll have to stick with their florist too. I'm sure they'll do a great job. I just thought I could maybe do it for a little cheaper and with a little more personal attention with an outside vendor. Oh well, in the long run, it will probably make my life simpler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter