Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1081 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,681 posts

    Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JODEY
    Hi Ladies,

    Just a quick hello to let you all know I'm still here ! I've been reading some threads but not felt the need to get involved @ the mo,

    I do have a little story to tell - I had an awful day Friday when I took my sister to see my dress, the lady @ the shop was sooo rude just because I didn't purchase my shoes from her, she baisically told me not to email her has she dosn't have time and really made me feel like I was putting on her !! I did send her an email letting her know how I felt about the visit but no reply yet, I feel she has me over a barrell now as shes got 50% deposit, I even called the designer direct (PRONOVIAS) and told them what awful service I had but they said there was nothing they could do because she is indipendant, never mind, hopfully my next visit will be better !
    Hey Jodey! Sorry to hear how this woman treated you! A friend of mine had the same thing happen locally and I so don't want to go to that shop!! Just tell her you are going barefoot for the ceremony!! LOL

    #1082 Hartyt509

    Hartyt509
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,262 posts

      Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:02 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jenn3878
      Well she originally requested the deposit on April 15th - my wedding isn't until May 8, 2009 - so I asked for more time because I wasn't expecting that and she then said May 31st for my deposit. Shouldn't she send me the contract before I put money down??
      Tell her you aren't paying a penny until you have a workable contract, otherwise you are stuffed from a legal standpoint.

      You need the protection as much as she does. Or do a sneaky which is what I am thinking of doing which is downgrade the package to basic and pay half that lol no reason they should have that much cash off you upfront.

      #1083 JODEY

      JODEY
      • Jr. Member
      • 344 posts

        Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

        You know what... I'm having the opposit effect, I'm trying to pay my deposit and they don't seem to be that bothered, probably because its not till end of next year So I'm gonna leave it, they'll contact me when they want some money I'm sure,

        #1084 Jenn3878

        Jenn3878
        • Sr. Member
        • 5,681 posts

          Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by lucy106
          I would certainly think so. I wonder why they need it so quickly for almost a year out. I personally would not be comfortable sending money without a contract.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hartyt509
          Tell her you aren't paying a penny until you have a workable contract, otherwise you are stuffed from a legal standpoint.

          You need the protection as much as she does. Or do a sneaky which is what I am thinking of doing which is downgrade the package to basic and pay half that lol no reason they should have that much cash off you upfront.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by JODEY
          You know what... I'm having the opposit effect, I'm trying to pay my deposit and they don't seem to be that bothered, probably because its not till end of next year So I'm gonna leave it, they'll contact me when they want some money I'm sure,
          I don't know why she wants it NOW, its over 365+ days till my wedding?

          I think I emailed her back when I was securing my date to ask when I would need to make a deposit and I didnt really think she would need it so soon?

          I emailed her last Friday about getting a contract and haven't heard anything yet. So if she wants the deposit she needs to send me the contract first.

          #1085 Hartyt509

          Hartyt509
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,262 posts

            Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

            I'm trying to get photos sorted before she gets anything off me then I'm gonna argue about the 50% lol she is soo gonna hate me lmao

            #1086 *JillD*

            *JillD*
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,112 posts

              Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JODEY
              Hi Ladies,

              Just a quick hello to let you all know I'm still here ! I've been reading some threads but not felt the need to get involved @ the mo,

              I do have a little story to tell - I had an awful day Friday when I took my sister to see my dress, the lady @ the shop was sooo rude just because I didn't purchase my shoes from her, she baisically told me not to email her has she dosn't have time and really made me feel like I was putting on her !! I did send her an email letting her know how I felt about the visit but no reply yet, I feel she has me over a barrell now as shes got 50% deposit, I even called the designer direct (PRONOVIAS) and told them what awful service I had but they said there was nothing they could do because she is indipendant, never mind, hopfully my next visit will be better !
              Hey Jodey!

              I was wondering about you, how you were doing?

              That is horrible!! How can someone treat their clients like that!!?

              I think when your dress comes in you should take it somewhere else to be altered and once you have the dress you should tell her how you're going to let everyone on the wedding forums you belong to know about her shop and how horrible she is and not to go there.

              C'mon, just because you didn't buy your shoes there How much are shoes, really? Thats just not something worth being upset over! She needs to get over it!

              #1087 Kat81

              Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

                Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

                So, I know I read it somewhere but I can't find it now. Does anyone know how much it is to have hair and makeup done for BM?

                #1088 SIMBASIM

                SIMBASIM
                • Jr. Member
                • 466 posts

                  Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:35 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JODEY
                  Hi Ladies,

                  Just a quick hello to let you all know I'm still here ! I've been reading some threads but not felt the need to get involved @ the mo,

                  I do have a little story to tell - I had an awful day Friday when I took my sister to see my dress, the lady @ the shop was sooo rude just because I didn't purchase my shoes from her, she baisically told me not to email her has she dosn't have time and really made me feel like I was putting on her !! I did send her an email letting her know how I felt about the visit but no reply yet, I feel she has me over a barrell now as shes got 50% deposit, I even called the designer direct (PRONOVIAS) and told them what awful service I had but they said there was nothing they could do because she is indipendant, never mind, hopfully my next visit will be better !

                  I haven't seen you on here in a while. That really sucks about your dress. I had something similar happen to me the first time I was married. They could have gotten my service again this go round if they would have treated me better! idiots!!

                  #1089 Samantha S

                  Samantha S
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 369 posts

                    Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:07 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kat81
                    So, I know I read it somewhere but I can't find it now. Does anyone know how much it is to have hair and makeup done for BM?
                    Kathi- I think Daniella told me it is $45 for hair and $45 for make-up...

                    #1090 Kat81

                    Kat81
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,615 posts

                      Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PDXlove
                      Kathi- I think Daniella told me it is $45 for hair and $45 for make-up...
                      Thanks! That isn't tooooo bad. Maybe I will just pay for their hair :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter