Photo

2 questions for Moon Palace Cancun brides

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MARIOLA

MARIOLA
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

Hi, maybe someone that is further along in their planning with Moon Palace Cancun can answer 2 questions for me...

#1...is there a fee for outside vendors ? and if so, how much?...want to bring in my own photog.

#2...will the WC at Moon Palace take a shipment if I send it in early or do they not accept shipments? I'm just wondering how I'm gonna get all my stuff over there...favors, etc.

Thanks in advance !

#2 cheeks75

cheeks75
    • 96 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

From what I understand, they do not allow outside vendors. I am bringing my own photographer, but she will be staying at the resort as a guest. I do not believe that they accept shipments.

#3 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
      • 279 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

From what I heard, they don't allow outside vendors, I'm not sure as I'm using their vendors. I know they don't allow shipments to the hotel. Something about liability due to high theft rates in Mexico.
        Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#4 MARIOLA

MARIOLA
        • 91 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

CRAP !

Not what I wanted to hear for either answer ! $hit!

Thanks for the quick response you guys...

So another ? then, how are you getting favors, wedding dress, etc. over there if they don't accept shipments ? parents suitcases? in-laws suitcases? MOH/BM suitcases ?

#5 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
          • 279 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

I decided on my centerpieces, favors and other stuff based on how much room they take. No glass, can't be heavy or bulky. I will try to pack everything into my and my FI's suitcases and whatever is left is going into my parents' and his parents' bags.
            Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#6 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

I'm basically doing the same thing Pookie is doing.

Anything that doesn't fit in our suitcases, I'll send down with people who are arriving the next day.
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#7 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
              • 1,634 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

yup I am the same, will share out the load with everyone else going!

#8 pixydustkr

pixydustkr
                • 35 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

Yup, we are going to divvy everything up among our in-town guests (basically FH's family). They are going to have some heavy luggage!

#9 emandom

emandom
                  • 37 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:08 PM

Hi,
                    We got married there in april . they dont allow outside vendors ebven if you offer to pay. we sneaked vincent from del sol in, pretending he was a friend but caused me a lot of stress worrying he wouldnt get in! I bought a special box and carried my dress in hand luggage jusyt to be safe
                    EmX

#10 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                    • 1,634 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:51 AM

A few people from this site have had outside vendors in, but by them being a guest at the hotel. I am going to bring this up before I sign the contract, because having a professional photographer is a big deal to us. Going by what people have said/done on here so far, there shouldn't be too much of a problem, just means we need to pay for photographers accommodation but I think its worth it for the end result.

xxxxxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter