Photo

Friday the 13th wedding?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:06 PM

Yep, we got married here the night before we left for Puerto Vallarta. No one knew about it except for my parents and Ed's mom. We went over to the marriage commissioner's house after work on the Thursday and got married - took all of 15 minutes and it was done!

My parents were our witnesses.

We avoided having to do all the legal stuff (paperwork, translations, notarizing copies of translated documents, etc.) and we avoided the blood tests in Mexico, and the 3 day waiting period. None of our guests were any wiser, and to us it was "the real wedding" anyways -all the rest was just paperwork. We didn't dress up or anything, no rings or anything like that...just "I do, he does - let's go!"

Lindsay

#12 heather007

heather007
    • 620 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hmmmm.... Sounds pretty good. That's basically the wedding that I wanted to have anyway. LoL.

It was Francis who wanted a big wedding and he's not doing any of the work!!!!

~~

#13 Copita

Copita
      • 979 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Monique
        Egyptians at the time of the pharoahs considered 13 lucky, because they believed life unfolded in 12 stages, and that there was a 13th stage-the afterlife-beyond...so it can't be all bad...13 is a lucky number in a lot of cultures...
        Thank you SO much for posting this!
        As of late, I have been seriously thinking that 13 is k ind of like my lucky #. I see it everywhere I go and it is always popping up in strange ways!
        I def think there is nothing wrong with this # and it is def considered lucky by many. :)

#14 Monique

Monique
        • 415 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

I've always thought 13 was lucky...If I'm not mistaken the United States flag started out with 13 stars!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter