• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#51 Opice34

Opice34
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JennyK
    Hi girls! I just got back from Cancun and stayed at the hotel right next door to the Hilton (Great Parnassus). I kept thinking of you guys and how beautiful your wedding will be there!
    Awww....thanks! By the way - we loved Le Meridien, too! How fantastic is Clara?

#52 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Opice34
      Awww....thanks! By the way - we loved Le Meridien, too! How fantastic is Clara?
      She really is amazing and sweet and very helpful. I'm so lucky to have her!

#53 kimdelc

kimdelc
      • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

We are going to use a DJ. Fernanda recommended one to us but he was VERY pricey. So I started searching on this site and found another guy. Here is his website and email:

MANNIA - Audio, Video e IluminaciĀ³n Profesional
        manniacancun@hotmail.com

We are in the process of signing the contract with him. He has had great reviews on BDW and has been very quick answering all of our questions and sending over the contract.

- Kim

#54 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
        • 159 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

Opice,
          Thank you! If you could take a ton of pics, especially of the terraces and pool decks, that would probably be really helpful.
          If I coud find a really good band, I would rather do a band than a DJ but I just can't seem to find one that meets my high expectations. I have also heard goood things about DJ - Cancun Mannia, so if I have to use a DJ I will probably try to use them.

Soo, it has been exactly 13 days, and I still haven't heard back from Fernanda!! I resent my original email yesterday, and still nothing. Anyone else having this same problem?

Oh and does anyone know what the "bridal carpet" is that comes with the Wedding Packages?? Is anyone even using the Wedding Packages (Lily or Orchid)?

#55 kelcrooks

kelcrooks
          • 88 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

Jessica - any word back from Fernanda? I sent her an email last week and no response yet. I really want to pick a date so I can start planning everything else!!

#56 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
            • 159 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

I finally heard back from her this weekend (it had literally been 2 weeks!)! She said she has been very busy, which I don't doubt.

And I'm soooo excited because she gave me the most awesome news - I can have the Mitachi restaurant *exclusively* for my reception - I am soo happy that it worked out the way I wanted it to!!

Now just got to figure out the details. I'm trying to figure out this whole room block situation thing - I'm not really sure how it works though. Like will the room block guarantee that all your guests rooms are near each other or near yours? What happens, for example, if I block off 15 rooms but don't end up being able to fill them all?

#57 indypitty

indypitty
              • 110 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

I know that you have to book 80% of your rooms in order to avoid paying a penalty. I don't know how much you would have to pay, though. We booked enough that we didn't have to worry about it!

#58 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
                • 159 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

Is anyone using a Travel Agent for their wedding? If so, who? I am trying to decide if I should use one or not!

#59 indypitty

indypitty
                  • 110 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

Bad news, girls...

Fernanda e-mailed me last night and mentioned that the 15% service charge has been raised to 18%!!! When I signed my contract, it was 15%, so I'm assuming they will honor that. ?!?!?! I e-mailed her back and got an out-of-office reply. She is out of the office today.

#60 kelcrooks

kelcrooks
                    • 88 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

That stinks about the increase!

I did hear back from Fernanda last night (she always responds late at night!) and the weekend we wanted is completely open so I think we might have finally picked a date - November 8, 2008! I responded this morning so hopefully we can start working on all the other details since its 5 months away!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter