• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Bernie

Bernie
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Betsy
    You CAN have a catholic ceremony at Moon Palace. We actually flew our priest down but we met with the priest at the Moon Palace to finalize our documents as well. I believe it is $800 for the catholic wedding and the gazebo is absolutely beautiful. We didn't have a full mass (no communion) and I honestly don't know if they allow that. The MP is huge but we never had any problem - we would run into everyone at the pool all the time. It was kind of nice too b/c we were able to have some alone time. We just met up with everyone for dinner.
    Hello I just had a coiple questions re: catholic wedding. So the wedding is held at the gazebo not in a chapel? The priest at MP-does he speak English?

#12 MissLucky7Bride

MissLucky7Bride
    • 147 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:33 AM

This is a great post! My concern and greatest priority is also to secure a Catholic church or chapel as I want to have the traditional Catholic/Filipino wedding ceremony. I am still early in the planning process, but I would any advice regarding chapels/churches in Mexico that would accommodate a Catholic mass in conjunction with Filipino traditions.

#13 MARIOLA

MARIOLA
      • 91 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Bernie
        Hello I just had a coiple questions re: catholic wedding. So the wedding is held at the gazebo not in a chapel? The priest at MP-does he speak English?
        Yes, at Moon Palace Cancun, the Catholic Ceremony is on the beach in a gazebo that looks like a little Catholic gazebo, no it is not a chapel. And from what I understand, yes, they have ceremonies in either English or Spanish.

#14 LadyN

LadyN
        • 63 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hi Ladies...I'm having the same questions about available Catholic churches, but in Cancun. Have any of you been married at a church in Cancun or have any helpful info/pictures to share?? Thanks!!

#15 JackieK

JackieK
          • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

Hey girls! I contacted my priest about this and he said for the ceremony to be recognized in the catholic church, the wedding must be performed in front of an altar. This is why most of the beach and gazebo catholic ceremonies do not count as official. He said the best bet (and this avoid blood tests and in country wait times) would be to have it blessed in your own church with a couple of witnesses before you go and then do a symbolic ceremony at the beach. We thought about flying the priest down and having HIM do the symbolic ceremony and maybe include a homily or something so our parents would feel more comfortable wtih the situation. From what I understood though, it sounds like it pretty much HAS to be in a church/chapel to be recognized.
            Jackie

#16 LadyN

LadyN
            • 63 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MARIOLA
              MY MAIN PRIORITY RIGHT NOW IS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING TO BE THE BEST/MOST EFFICIENT WAY TO GET MARRIED ON THE RESORT BY A CATHOLIC PRIEST (meaning we don't have to leave the resort to attend a church, etc.) I HAVE ASKED MY PARISH PRIEST HERE AT HOME IF HE WILL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL WITH US & MARRY US, BUT HE CAN'T AS HE IS THE ONLY PRIEST AT THE CHURCH & CANNOT LEAVE.
              I AM THINKING OF HAVING THE WEDDING AT EITHER MOON PALACE OR AT DREAMS CANCUN. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ? HAS ANYONE HAD A CATHOLIC CEREMONY AT DREAMS ? I KNOW MOON PALACE HAS A CATHOLIC CHAPEL (GAZEBO) ON THE RESORT (looking over the water) BUT MY TA SAID THAT MOON PALACE IS A REALLY BIG RESORT & THAT DREAMS IS SMALLER (more intimate) RESORT FOR THE WEDDING PARTY. NOT SURE...ANY SUGGESTIONS? INFO?
              Mariola...I just got information from the WC at JW Marriott/CasaMagna Marriot. They have a beautiful private Gazebo overlooking the ocean. They do have permission to hold Catholic ceremonies, as long as you go through your church for permission and then get it approved through the Catholic church in Cancun. I tried attaching the PDF that has the details, but it keeps saying "failed upload". I'd be more then happy to email the info to you. PM if you'd like for me to send it to you. I haven't had the pleasure of visiting yet, but I'm REALLY exited to check them out. They have the total cost break down pertaining to the set up, church fee and everything else. Hope this is helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter