Photo

ceiba del mar hotel and spa

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#31 Kristine624

Kristine624
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

hi everyone! i am considering this hotel for my destination wedding - looks fantastic! if you have been married here, can you please share whether or not it was easy communicating with Denise? I emailed her over 24 hours ago for information and have not heard back. Also, what room rate discounts are they willing to give to guests?

thanks!

#32 Madbride2009

Madbride2009
    • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kristine624
      hi everyone! i am considering this hotel for my destination wedding - looks fantastic! if you have been married here, can you please share whether or not it was easy communicating with Denise? I emailed her over 24 hours ago for information and have not heard back. Also, what room rate discounts are they willing to give to guests?

thanks!
      I've posted some information in earlier posts in this thread so look through those first. If you need additional information let me know. Denise is very nice but I will warn you... I had to cancel my wedding a month out and Ceiba took us to the cleaners with our deposits and room rates. SO... pay close attention to the contracts you are signing! They are vague and misleading. The individual cancellation policy and the group cancellation policy are not the same! My guests were responsible for 50% of their ENTIRE STAY even though I canceled over a month out. This was a costly and embarrassing oversight on my part. The hotel's management (not Denise really) were VERY cutthroat... otherwise, it's a great place. Try and go for a site visit if you can. It's really worth it. Hope this helps!

#33 ask9999

ask9999
      • 82 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

I am getting married at Ceiba in a little over a month. I do not know if Denise is still working at Ceiba, but if I were you and Denise is working at Ceiba, I would refuse to work with her and ask to work with someone else, like Diana. Denise lied to me big time and her actions almost caused me to move my wedding elsewhere. After the problem (which was basically all Denise's fault) was discovered, I talked to other staff at Ceiba, and they have been incredible in working with me to make up for all of Denise's mistakes. Despite the problem with Denise, I would still recommend Ceiba and encourage you to look into it. It is supposed to be an incredible resort (i have not been there yet myself, but I have spoken to other Ceiba brides and my mom did a site visit for me) and everyone other than Denise has been great to work with. I wil lhave more information after my wedding in February. If you have more questions or want any more details, feel free to pm me. Again, Ceiba is great- just stay away from Denise.

#34 Kristine624

Kristine624
        • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ask9999
          I am getting married at Ceiba in a little over a month. I do not know if Denise is still working at Ceiba, but if I were you and Denise is working at Ceiba, I would refuse to work with her and ask to work with someone else, like Diana. Denise lied to me big time and her actions almost caused me to move my wedding elsewhere. After the problem (which was basically all Denise's fault) was discovered, I talked to other staff at Ceiba, and they have been incredible in working with me to make up for all of Denise's mistakes. Despite the problem with Denise, I would still recommend Ceiba and encourage you to look into it. It is supposed to be an incredible resort (i have not been there yet myself, but I have spoken to other Ceiba brides and my mom did a site visit for me) and everyone other than Denise has been great to work with. I wil lhave more information after my wedding in February. If you have more questions or want any more details, feel free to pm me. Again, Ceiba is great- just stay away from Denise.
          Oh my goodness!! What happened? That sounds terrible, and I am so sorry you had to go through that! Who is Diana? Do you have her email?

#35 LeslieJohn2010

LeslieJohn2010
          • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Hi girls,

I want to have my wedding here, but no one has gotten back to me with pricing info. I'm also considering The Royal, or Mahekal Beach Resort. The Royal seems a little corporate feeling to me, but everyone gives it great reviews. Has anyone heard of how the food is at Cieba and what the alcohol situation is? I'm trying to save my guests some money and I would hate for them to get the all inclusive and not enjoy the food. Also, are there restaurants nearby? I researched rates a few nights ago and looked today, but prices have increased significantly for November. Do they give special room rates for booking multiple rooms. Does anyone have recent contact info for the coordinators? Thanks for any info or advice anyone might have.

#36 allegraapple

allegraapple
            • Site Supporter
            • 108 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

Can anyone tell me what room rates you are finding at Ceiba for both the regular (European Plan) and also for the All inclusive plan? Does the EP plan include breakfast?
              thanks!
              -Allegra

#37 allegraapple

allegraapple
              • Site Supporter
              • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

I think this site is a finalist for us. Hoping to decide on a place for sure this week. What room prices did you get? Did you go with the EP or All-Inclusive plans?

#38 allegraapple

allegraapple
                • Site Supporter
                • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:23 PM

Thanks SOOOOO much for posting these links to photos. I think this has pretty much sealed the deal for my fiance and I. This place looks awesome - I've just been having such a hard time finding photos of weddings done there. Again - many, many thanks for sharing!!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
                  Nayelli is NO longer with Ceiba. Please direct all your inquiries to Denise.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is a view from one of the Penthouse suites...Vanessa is our model :)

With such a tiny wedding, we highly recommend the end of the pier (no under the palapa because lighting is difficult underneath when its bright outside... also why we recommend dusk light.

You can see how beautiful the dusk light is here...just wowser!

Hope this helps visualize the spot!

#39 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by allegraapple
                    Thanks SOOOOO much for posting these links to photos. I think this has pretty much sealed the deal for my fiance and I. This place looks awesome - I've just been having such a hard time finding photos of weddings done there. Again - many, many thanks for sharing!!
                    YOU BET! For this kind of thing, planning virtually is real tough and photos give you a real life visual of whats happening. Glad to help.

I shot another killlllllller wedding there a few months ago... LOTS to see here. Especially, the bride and groom seeing each other for the first time from across rooftop balconies of different ocean view rooms.

#40 ask9999

ask9999
                    • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

Hi,
                      Diana's email is "Diana Martinez/ Groups - Ceiba del Mar Beach & Spa" <sales@ceibadelmar.com>. I highly encourage you to work with her and to not work with Denise. If you have any questions about Ceiba, feel free to PM me. My wedding is not until next month, but I am happy to share anythign I can with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter