Jump to content

Photo

Putting a deposit on Dreams Tulum this Wednesday


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 laur8199

laur8199
  • Newbie
  • 23 posts

    Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

    Congratulations!!! I was thinking about getting married there too so keep me posted!!

    #22 laura b

    laura b
    • Jr. Member
    • 334 posts

      Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:57 AM

      Jason-
      we've talked before on the other board...I'm getting married three days after you at Dreams!
      Sandra has not told me anything about a deposit...she said I could pay the whole thing when I get there, so now I'm a little freaked out!
      What made you guys put a deposit down. Help!
      Laura

      #23 lambert13

      lambert13
      • Member
      • 901 posts

        Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by laura b
        Jason-
        we've talked before on the other board...I'm getting married three days after you at Dreams!
        Sandra has not told me anything about a deposit...she said I could pay the whole thing when I get there, so now I'm a little freaked out!
        What made you guys put a deposit down. Help!
        Laura
        Hey Laura!

        It seems that you get a different answer to the same question every time you ask it down there. At first there was no mention of a deposit. Then it was $50, payable to our Travel Agent. Then it was back to paying when we get there.

        Apparently, Sandra had our date reserved already, so I am not clear on what the deposit was for.

        #24 LisaG

        LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

          Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:21 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MagsieMexico
          I know you are booked there and have not been there before Jason! We emailed about it, and you sent me tonnes of great info.

          I agree it looks fabulous!

          I was actually asking Lryates, our second dreams tulum wedding! Have you been there before?

          Tammy, do you have any clients heading there any time soon?
          Hi Margaret - I have not been to Dreams Tulum either. It was one of my travel agents top choices for the area. She is going for a visit in April - I'll let you guys know what she says.

          #25 LisaG

          LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

            Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by lambert13
            Hey Laura!

            It seems that you get a different answer to the same question every time you ask it down there. At first there was no mention of a deposit. Then it was $50, payable to our Travel Agent. Then it was back to paying when we get there.

            Apparently, Sandra had our date reserved already, so I am not clear on what the deposit was for.
            Sandra has booked my date, but she has not asked me for a deposit either.

            I keep trying to send her e-mails with questions, as I'm sure everyone is, because they all keep getting kicked back to me saying "mailbox is full"...aarrg!!

            #26 MagsieMexico

            MagsieMexico
            • Jr. Member
            • 420 posts

              Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:29 PM

              Yeah, I guess it's a common theme across all these hotels, trouble hearing back from the wedding coordinator!!

              Good luck, I hope she gets back to you soon.
              Margaret & Eric

              #27 lambert13

              lambert13
              • Member
              • 901 posts

                Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

                When I am having trouble getting in contact with her, my travel agent is usually able to call her or the Dreams Rep. here in the US to get my questions answered. That might help

                Calling Sandra is always an option too. The international rates are sort of scary, but in a pinch its something we might have to do.

                #28 LisaG

                LisaG
                • VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

                  Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:07 PM

                  Have you guys talked to her about details of the wedding or reception?

                  I have not gotten into any details with her yet. Also, she only has 1 photog....are you guys using her photog or are you hiring an outside source?

                  Soooo many questions! If you have more details other than the package information, could you PLEASE send it to me??

                  #29 lambert13

                  lambert13
                  • Member
                  • 901 posts

                    Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:58 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lryates76
                    Have you guys talked to her about details of the wedding or reception?

                    I have not gotten into any details with her yet. Also, she only has 1 photog....are you guys using her photog or are you hiring an outside source?

                    Soooo many questions! If you have more details other than the package information, could you PLEASE send it to me??

                    Our next step is to talk to Sandra about the details for the wedding and reception. Since it is just the two of us, we are not putting a whole lot of thought into it yet. All we want is a simple ceremony with a private lunch afterwards for the two of us.

                    We decided to hire an outside photographer. We first asked Sandra about their policy with that, and she said its OK. We ended up going with Vanessa Vargas. She offered us a great price on a package suitable for just the two of us. I am a photographer myself, and she was the only one within our budget that really impressed me. The samples I have seen from the resort photog did not impress me at all. And they are fairly expensive for the package you get. I would definitely send out some emails to area photographers asking about package prices for what you want. You could probably get a better price and a better photographer.

                    Right now all I have as far as info is what Sandra has sent me. Just the package info, reception setups, gazebo decoration, legal forms to fill out, etc. If you need any of that I will gladly send it to you. All my other info is just maps and webpages saved for things we want to do while we are down there.

                    #30 LisaG

                    LisaG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

                      Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

                      Thanks, Jason, for the info!!

                      I am going to send some e-mails to area photog and get package prices. For some reason, I was thinking that the on-site photog was already in our package, and I only had to pay for the pics...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter