• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

i'm no closer to a decision about this! especially because now i want to go to a cenote also! ahhh i don't have enough time in rm...

#22 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

there is a cenote near chichen itza that looks amazing. Sacred cenote maybe?? There are also cenotes near coba. We are doing a combo trip of coba & a cenote. You can do the same with CI.

#23 saraece

saraece
      • 289 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by katrina
        oooh that sounds incredible!! who was the tour through??
        The day tour we did we booked through our tour operator at the hotel We used Go travel Direct.
        Like our first kiss all over again

#24 nscaper

nscaper
        • 119 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

We just went to the MR in Feb for vacation for 1 week.
          We REALLY wanted to do Chichen Itza because of the size of the ruins and We REALLY wanted to do Xel-ha because of the snorkeling and
          We REALLY wanted to do Tulum Ruins because of the reviews on how beautiful it was and
          We REALLY wanted to do Coba because you can still climb the ruins.

So we only had a week and couldn't do all of it.

We chose to combine Tulum ruins and Xel-ha for one day (on our own, didn't buy an organized excursion), and then an organzied excursion to Coba from Altournative tours (the same description that PP put with the mayan village and zip line, cenote and coba ruins).

It was amazing. I still want to go to Chichen Itza for the history and how beautiful it looks, but since it was our first time in MX, we wanted the most bang for our buck so to say.Go to Tulum ruins, if only for an hour. They are small, but the ocean makes it so beautiful. Coba was great because you got to climb the ruins.

I am going to post my review in a new thread, I have a lot of info!

#25 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

thanks for the info! definately want to read your review...

#26 chibi411

chibi411
            • 234 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

FYI its one of the seven wonders!

#27 nscaper

nscaper
              • 119 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:49 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by katrina
                thanks for the info! definately want to read your review...
                Just posted it, let me know if you have questions!

#28 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

BUMP

anyone else been since last year when this was posted?

the main reason we are going to riviera maya in the first place for our honeymoon is because doug has always wanted to see the mayan ruins.

we for sure plan on seeing tulum, no problem, thats easy.

but the way i see it, how on earth can we go all the way to riviera maya from seattle and NOT go to the most well known ruin in the world? BUT since its pretty much an all day trip, we want to make sure to do it right.

i have seen some tours that also stop at a cenote on the way back, and some tours that include a light and sound show?

what tour companies have you booked and or used, and would recommend or NOT??

thanks!

#29 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
                • 156 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

If you want to climb a ruin, go to Coba. They are going to stop letting people climb it later in 2009 (I forget the exact details).

We did both Coba and Chichen-Itaz in January when we were there. Both were amazing! I think I enjoyed Coba a little more because we could climb it and the view from the top was awesome. We went with the tours offered through Palace Hotels (Palace passport). I wouldn't recommend paying to do their tours. I think other tour companies offer more in the way of side trips on the way there/back. However, if the passport is included in your stay, it is worth it for the price - free! It would have been nice to get the cenote or zip lining as part of the tour, but I'm not sure I would have paid full tour prices to get that when I didn't have to pay.

Hope that helps.
                  Jennifer & David
                  January 22, 2009
                  Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#30 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
                  • 156 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

If you want to climb a ruin, go to Coba. They are going to stop letting people climb it later in 2009 (I forget the exact details).

We did both Coba and Chichen-Itaz in January when we were there. Both were amazing! I think I enjoyed Coba a little more because we could climb it and the view from the top was awesome. We went with the tours offered through Palace Hotels (Palace passport). I wouldn't recommend paying to do their tours. I think other tour companies offer more in the way of side trips on the way there/back. However, if the passport is included in your stay, it is worth it for the price - free! It would have been nice to get the cenote or zip lining as part of the tour, but I'm not sure I would have paid full tour prices to get that when I didn't have to pay.

Hope that helps.
                    Jennifer & David
                    January 22, 2009
                    Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter