Photo

Good English Speaking Minister in Cancun?!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Hola chicas! So I have tried searching the forum on this subject but haven't had much luck. Does anyone know of an English-speaking (I dont mind a little bit of an accent - but I want them to be understandable) non-denominational minister I could use for my "symbolic" wedding in Cancun? Most of the rewiews I have read mention that the minister is hard to understand or barely speaks English. I was just wondering if anyone knows of someone else in the Cancun/RM area that speaks clear English that could do my ceremony!? Like maybe someone that specializes in doing English spoken Destination Weddings??

Thank you!

#2 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
    • 433 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

I was corresponding with Petra Maurus when I was searching for a photographer. Her husband does the photography, but I learned that she is a minister! And I spoke to her on the phone and she is wonderful - warm, responsive, and very nice! Give her a try!

#3 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
      • 1,016 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

You can try Petra Maurus. She might be performing our sand ceremony and I met with her on a site visit. She is fantastic and her English is perfect. She also works with her husband who is a photographer but here is her email address petra@cancun-wedding-photography.com.

#4 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
        • 1,016 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
          I was corresponding with Petra Maurus when I was searching for a photographer. Her husband does the photography, but I learned that she is a minister! And I spoke to her on the phone and she is wonderful - warm, responsive, and very nice! Give her a try!
          Hahaha. Jennifer you beat me to it. She really is wonderful and has a terrific personality.

#5 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
          • 433 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by melglnh2o
            Hahaha. Jennifer you beat me to it. She really is wonderful and has a terrific personality.
            That is too funny! Yeah, I would have definitely gone w/ her, but since a minister's services are included in my wedding package and since Petra charged a modest fee, I went with our resort's minister. But honestly, if you decide to go with Petra, I think she would be superb. She even has contacts if you want to have your wedding at a location away from the place you're staying. She was just so, so helpful and so, so nice!

#6 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
            • 159 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

Thank you so much ladies! I have contacted Petra and she seems great (at least through email so far)! The $400 fee is a little much, but it is good to know I have her now as a great option!!

#7 Alejandrardz4

Alejandrardz4
              • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

hello Everyone that is looking for a good English speaking Minister contact : 

Grabriela de la Rosa 

Phone (011 52)  9981595434

·         Website   http://mysticceremonycancun.com/

·         Email    promisses2010@gmail.com·         

·         Facebook: Promisses Spiritual Ceremonies

she also speak: Spanish, french, italian and Portugues :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter