Photo

Boycott El Dorado Royale & Karisma Resorts-UPDATE policy REVISED!

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#91 Noviaaesposa

Noviaaesposa
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

I am not an EDR bride and do not think that this sticky is harsh......

I can understand if the outside vendor is "the caterer" but all other vendors should be up to the bride and groom especially the photographer.......I am all for the boycott....I would never chose a venue that I was not allowed to have my own photographer or was charges a vendor fee for one.......

#92 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hopefully we can get the EDR to see that their policy is turning brides off, and get them to change their minds!

#93 Princess402

Princess402
      • 737 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

I can tell you for sure that when I have been searching online or in travel mags for resorts if I see "Karisma" in the title I move on to the next resort.

#94 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
        • 292 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Hey everyone!!

So I'm back :)
          I have saved the date now to April 5th, 2009. (Palm Sunday), I wonder if that will raise any eyebrows. But oh well. Anyway, I need some help, Especially from those of you who just got married or are very close to getting married at EDR. WHAT IS THEIR CURRENT PHOTOGRAPHER POLICY....now? Unfortunetly, their policy changes way to often for me to keep up . What other fees have you guys been told of, besides reserving a room for your photographer for X number of nights?? My wedding coordinator there is Valeria Martinez.

Thanks so much

#95 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08
            Hey everyone!!

So I'm back :)
            I have saved the date now to April 5th, 2009. (Palm Sunday), I wonder if that will raise any eyebrows. But oh well. Anyway, I need some help, Especially from those of you who just got married or are very close to getting married at EDR. WHAT IS THEIR CURRENT PHOTOGRAPHER POLICY....now? Unfortunetly, their policy changes way to often for me to keep up . What other fees have you guys been told of, besides reserving a room for your photographer for X number of nights?? My wedding coordinator there is Valeria Martinez.

Thanks so much
            This whole thread is in regards to EDR's policy, if you read through the posts you'll find the information regarding the fees, which I believe are $500 plus a 3 night stay.

If you have other EDR questions they would be better posted in one of the other EDR threads, since this is just a thread regarding policies.

#96 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
            • 292 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

Wow, that fee seems like RIDICULOUS....!!!!!
              What if I only need my photographer for one night?

#97 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
              • 292 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

#98 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08
                  Exactly- its ridiculous. That is the reason for the boycott. Even if you just need them one night, the 3 night stay is another way for them to charge you more money.

Also, just because that is the policy now, you can trust is won't change by next year. They change their policy all the time. If you are not wanting to use their photographer you might want to consider a different hotel. Girls have gotten around the policy, but it keeps getting harder to do that.

#99 heatherjane

heatherjane
                  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

Hi Linda - I just had a large wedding at the EDR and you are more than welcome to call me if you have any questions. 403-695-6468 (evening)

Heather

#100 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
                    • 292 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by heatherjane
                      Hi Linda - I just had a large wedding at the EDR and you are more than welcome to call me if you have any questions. 403-695-6468 (evening)

Heather
                      Thank you so much :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter