Photo

Moon Palace Photographer

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 emandom

emandom
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

someone posted me some photos from moon palace photog a few weeks ago and they were really good. Loads better than i imagined. Betsy when do you fly out?
    EmX

#12 BarbK

BarbK
    • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

If you have decided to go with the resort photographer, have you decided on a package yet? I am still really debating the resort photographer. I'm hoping it's good because I really don't want to spend $4000 extra, but at the same time, the pictures are SO important.

#13 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

It doesn't have to cost you 4000$ extra, I flew a photographer with me from Ottawa and it cost me 2350$. Travel costs were 1550$ and her photography fee was 800$. I've also seen a few GREAT photographers who will do destination weddings for free because tehy haven't done any before and they know they have to build up a portofolio of DW before they can start charging a lot. So just look around a lot. Keep in my the photographer doesn't have to come from Calgary with you, you could get somebody from anywhere in Canada (or even in the US)

If you are only looking at the most popular DW photographers frequently talked about on these boards, yes, it might cost 4000$, but it doesn't have to, there are many other great photogrpahers out there.

#14 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
        • 5,705 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:01 AM

You can check this website, is full of photographers based in mexico:

StrayWeddings.com

#15 Dez921714

Dez921714
          • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

You can't use a photographer from Mexico at the Moon Palace, if you aren't using their photog, then you have to use someone from outside of the country.

It was becoming too stressful, so we decided to just go with the resorts photog. The wedding package we're getting comes with Photography Package A, we'll probably just add the upgrade to the highest one (they cover the ceremony and reception, 150 prints, cd proofs).
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#16 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

HI! Just got back from MP and the photographer we had (Alberto) did a fantastic job! He was awesome and new exactly what he was doing. They only cover the ceremony though so you might want to make sure they will cover your reception as well. We got tons of pics and an album and a cd w/ negatives on them that I haven't even looked at yet! The pictures turned out beautiful though and we paid $480 for 62 pics plus the cd w/ negatives supposedly about 100 pics on the cd but like I said I haven't checked for sure, and a nice photo album that they supplied us with. I would definitly recommend their photog.

#17 BarbK

BarbK
              • 29 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, I saw some pictures from the resort photographer and they looked really nice. I'm still going to look into bringing my own photographer, but if it's too much it's alright. The resort pics put my mind at ease.

#18 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

Betsy! Welcome home! I can't wait to see your pics!!!!! :)

They actually have upgraded packages available for next year. You pay more but they'll cover your reception :)
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#19 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                  • 1,634 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

Going by Betsy's pictures i'll defo be reconsidering getting an outside photographer!!!

#20 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

And by the way there were 234 pictures on my CD!! I downloaded them all and sent them to target to pick up so I can have all of them! There are no infringement rights or anything on them so it was super easy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter