Photo

Dreams Cancun...no external suppliers!?!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hey guys.. just a question that has me a lil nervous.

I already hired an outside photographer, and i had mentioned that to claudia a few months ago. She didnt have a problem with it. The photographer is staying at the hotel though, so I dont know if that makes a difference.

We are also having a band flown in, which are staying as guests as well... I had told Claudia this as well, and she said it was fine. This was a couple months ago.

Should I be worried about this with the new policies?

"Woohoo!! Time to get married!

www.steveandmich.com

86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

#32 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

Have you got it in writing? If you have you should be ok but i'd check anyway

#33 dmarie17

dmarie17
      • 276 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:31 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Michelle&Steve
        Hey guys.. just a question that has me a lil nervous.

I already hired an outside photographer, and i had mentioned that to claudia a few months ago. She didnt have a problem with it. The photographer is staying at the hotel though, so I dont know if that makes a difference.

We are also having a band flown in, which are staying as guests as well... I had told Claudia this as well, and she said it was fine. This was a couple months ago.

Should I be worried about this with the new policies?

I'm in a similar situation... I emailed Daniella on March 8 and asked 'Can we bring in an outside DJ? Is there a fee? How much?'.
        Her response was 'The fee for external supliers is $50 usd each.' (this was on March 12th).
        I haven't actually booked a DJ yet and probably won't for a few more weeks but I don't want to get screwed on this new 'no external suppliers' policy.
        I figure that since she doesn't know that I look at this website and she never mentioned the new policy to me I should be okay... Right?!! Am I wishful thinking here?

#34 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
        • 466 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dmarie17
          I'm in a similar situation... I emailed Daniella on March 8 and asked 'Can we bring in an outside DJ? Is there a fee? How much?'.
          Her response was 'The fee for external supliers is $50 usd each.' (this was on March 12th).
          I haven't actually booked a DJ yet and probably won't for a few more weeks but I don't want to get screwed on this new 'no external suppliers' policy.
          I figure that since she doesn't know that I look at this website and she never mentioned the new policy to me I should be okay... Right?!! Am I wishful thinking here?
          Honestly, I would not book anything you cannot cancel JUST IN CASE! I certainly would not offer any knowledge that you are aware of the new policy. Maybe you should give it a test run and just "tell her" you already booked the DJ and ask her another question about external suppliers to feel her out. Does that make sense??

#35 dmarie17

dmarie17
          • 276 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by SIMBASIM
            Honestly, I would not book anything you cannot cancel JUST IN CASE! I certainly would not offer any knowledge that you are aware of the new policy. Maybe you should give it a test run and just "tell her" you already booked the DJ and ask her another question about external suppliers to feel her out. Does that make sense??
            Good idea... What would I do without you girls?!

#36 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
            • 466 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dmarie17
              Good idea... What would I do without you girls?!
              Right back at ya!!!

#37 SunTalia

SunTalia
              • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

Does anyone know when this "new" policy went into effect? I see some girls have no issues w the external vendors and others are being told otherwise....

#38 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
                • 208 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

Thanks guys!! i guess we'll see when i go on my site visit in june... I have all the emails from claudia saved, so Im assuming I shouldnt have a problem.. esp bc they will already be guests of the hotel...

good luck everyone!
                  "Woohoo!! Time to get married!

www.steveandmich.com

86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter