Jump to content

Photo

Cancun Beach Status


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Infinity22

Infinity22
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,520 posts

    Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

    I just had a co-worker come back from the Gran Caribe Real Resort in Cancun and he said they literally had no beach due to Hurricane Wilma. How are the other beaches in and around Cancun looking?

    #2 JennyK

    JennyK
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,502 posts

      Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Infinity22
      I just had a co-worker come back from the Gran Caribe Real Resort in Cancun and he said they literally had no beach due to Hurricane Wilma. How are the other beaches in and around Cancun looking?
      I just went down in January and going back in May.. it didn't look good. Most beaches were destroyed. I stayed at the Oasis Cancun and the beach was really bad. At another site visit I went to, the water literally hit the side of the building. Some of the beaches looked to be ok, but most lost a lot of sandy areas.

      #3 Infinity22

      Infinity22
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,520 posts

        Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

        What about the beaches around Puerto Morelos?

        #4 SIMBASIM

        SIMBASIM
        • Jr. Member
        • 466 posts

          Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by xJuicyJx
          I just went down in January and going back in May.. it didn't look good. Most beaches were destroyed. I stayed at the Oasis Cancun and the beach was really bad. At another site visit I went to, the water literally hit the side of the building. Some of the beaches looked to be ok, but most lost a lot of sandy areas.

          Did you post photos from your site visit. I would love to see them. I was unaware that Cancun's Beaches were so affected??

          #5 Infinity22

          Infinity22
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,520 posts

            Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

            Yeah, if anybody had any recent photos of beaches in/around Cancun, that would be awesome!!!

            #6 *JillD*

            *JillD*
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,112 posts

              Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

              The beaches at dreams cancun were fine

              #7 Infinity22

              Infinity22
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,520 posts

                Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

                What about other locations? Perhaps Dreams wasn't affected or fixed their "beaches" because they really don't have any.

                #8 Martha

                Martha
                • VIP Member
                • 3,906 posts

                  Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

                  Try tripadvisor. Their reviews were very important when I was deciding....a lot of reviews tell you how the beach was/is.

                  #9 tlomlad

                  tlomlad
                  • Banned
                  • 1,949 posts

                    Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

                    yes we were at dreams cancun in feb. and there beaches were just fine, we walked around some and all the beaches near dreams were also fine plus on the drive in from the airport all the beaches that we saw looked ok as well you can check my review for pics of our beach.....http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t15854
                    hope this helps

                    #10 *JillD*

                    *JillD*
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,112 posts

                      Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Infinity22
                      What about other locations? Perhaps Dreams wasn't affected or fixed their "beaches" because they really don't have any.
                      I'm not really sure what you mean by this, but they have beaches on two sides of the resort, so Yes, there are beaches there, I just don't think they were affected.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter