Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9871 Billandstina

Billandstina
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

On they email they sent me they said props (and we have no say because its included)...hope that helps! I booked them today and I read the reviews and I'm happy I booked them! Fingers crossed every outrageously expensive penny is worth it!! Lolol!

#9872 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
    • Site Supporter
    • 88 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

I saw those bags on here from ikea! I love them and I love ikea! I am six hours away though :( I will make a trip in 3 weeks I just hope they are still there. They even have gray and gray is one of my wedding colors,yellow and gray.

#9873 Jessica G

Jessica G
      • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I picked the bags up today!! They didn't have any of my wedding colors :( but I got pink and orange because they are bright and beachy anyway! Make sure you sign up for their ikea family thing- it's free- and it saved me 10$ on 50 of them! 

I emailed my WC and requested Ivan from doremixx- i heard he's great- hopefully he will still be available! And I just got my photographer! Things are starting to roll! too bad it's still almost a year away!

#9874 deniden

deniden
        • Site Supporter
        • 355 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
        • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by MSPOKRAN 

So ladies help me out with the cake stand. Apparently Royal doesn't  offer them. Just a flat plain one. I had kinda hoped to have it standing and pretty. Am I missing something or does it not matter? With everything I'm hauling down do I really want to pack a cake stand? I really thought the resort would offer options.

Don't mind the silly face I'm making, but here's an example of what the cake table and cake stand looked like at my wedding. (The bow and the luminaries are mine.)

ProcGalleryTrueAspectServlet (params=[sc=0&pa=0.5&sa=0&ry=1067&rx=1600&cr=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0&nocredit=1&py=1067&px=1600&r=0&q=0&cb=15789550&p=1&ps=23&dsbg=221&po=0&g=2.2&bw=0.2&f=0&b=1&ph=61675&si=00106035088120120606205328680.JPG&gc=1&vtype=g] actions=[CachedCanvas (RawOrProxyraw(com.shutterfly.imaging.rendering.imageref.ReferenceManager$Ref@23cd68d0, 1600) | FitToSize(java.awt.Dimension[width=1600,height=1067], 2) | ScaleRGB(1.0625, 1.0625, 1.0625) | Sharpen(1.2999999523162842) | ShowPrint(java.awt.Dimension[width=1600,height=1067], 221, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0, 0.800000011920929, 0.800000011920929, 0.800000011920929, 0) -> NativeCanvas(2AAAE50F7F90))]) PixSense Recompression: PX_COMP_STD 172.16.17.87 2013/03/04 08:04:01.527

#9875 Jessica G

Jessica G
        • 70 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

What flavor of cake did you get deniden? And did you like it? 

I'm wondering right now long to wait until I make the RSVPs due back to me.. I see three months a lot of the forum, but I feel like that gives such little time to know how many OOT Bags, centerpieces, etc. that I will need- do you guys have any thoughts about that? I'm attaching my STD incase someone is looking for ideas. I got them from Lovely Little Pieces! She's great and customizes everything for you!

#9876 bluelenscaribe

bluelenscaribe
          • Vendor
          • 194 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hi Brides!!!

We have the pleasure to invite you to check our NEW WEBSITE!!!

#9877 deniden

deniden
            • Site Supporter
            • 355 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
            • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jessica G 

What flavor of cake did you get deniden? And did you like it? 

I'm wondering right now long to wait until I make the RSVPs due back to me.. I see three months a lot of the forum, but I feel like that gives such little time to know how many OOT Bags, centerpieces, etc. that I will need- do you guys have any thoughts about that? I'm attaching my STD incase someone is looking for ideas. I got them from Lovely Little Pieces! She's great and customizes everything for you!

We had a Tres Leches cake and I LOVED it. I'm not really a cake person, so the flavor didn't matter much to me, but everyone on the forums raved about it, so I insisted and it was delicious! I know that if you have an outdoor reception, they will try to talk you out of it, but I insisted on... and I'm glad I did since my reception had to be moved indoors.

I had to look at my passport invite thread, but I asked for RSVPs by November 1st for my April 20th wedding (I think I sent out the invites in the beginning of September). I did have some last minute people book, but overall, but most people booked pretty fast.

#9878 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
            • Site Supporter
            • 88 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

hey everyone I need a suggestion for a place to reserve a welcome dinner off the resort- on 5th avenue I guess. I have a lot of guests offsite. Any great suggestions? We'll have around 20 people.

#9879 mae1564

mae1564
              • 96 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by MSPOKRAN 

hey everyone I need a suggestion for a place to reserve a welcome dinner off the resort- on 5th avenue I guess. I have a lot of guests offsite. Any great suggestions? We'll have around 20 people.

Hi! I held my reception at Wicky's which is about 4 blocks away. They were AMAZING! One of the other brides on here suggested it to me, and I will be forever thankful to her for the suggestion. Linda does all their arrangements and she is really great and easy to talk to (much easier than any of the Royals WC's lol) You can google them and find pictures of the inside. They have a private room which has it's own private patio for you to use and it has an amazing view of the beach. They will set up everything and do anything you ask. If you do go there, I highly HIGHLY recommend the Wicky's salad, I still dream about that salad, lol. You can do whatever menu you want, your guests can order from their house menu, you can set your own menu, or they will set up a buffet. Hope that helps!

#9880 Jessica G

Jessica G
                • 70 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Thanks so much Mae1564! I was wondering about a welcome dinner too- it costs so much to do a rehearsal dinner at the resort- has anyone found a cheaper way to do that? Also- I booked Ivan from doremixx! I'm probably going to start looking into florists soon- I got a quote from the resort for flowers for my centerpieces- they quoted me 5$ per lily- so I will see what others say!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter