Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9781 mae1564

mae1564
  • Newbie
  • 96 posts

    Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

    Originally Posted by jaruszen 

    Hi!  My wedding is on Friday, November 30th at the Royal and I recently read some reviews on Trip Advisor that said there is construction going on at the resort.  It said something about they are adding swim up bars by a few of the suites.  Does anyone know about this or any information on what kind of construction is going on and for how long?  It is making me a little nervous!

     

    Thanks,

    Naomi

    Hi! Well, you heard right there is construction going on. I was there just last week. It's not that bad though, the construction is out of the way from where you would be spending any time. They don't start work until late in the morning so you can sleep in and it doesn't go that late. I was annoyed at first when I got there, but then after a day I didn't even notice they were there. All of the staff including the construction workers are so polite and are quick to move out of your way if you are walking by. Not one of my guests said anything about it and I don't think they cared at all. Hope that helps!



    #9782 jenguitard

    jenguitard
    • Newbie
    • 47 posts

      Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

      Beautiful pictures mae1564!! Can't wait to see more and hear about your big day!!



      #9783 deniden

      deniden
      • Site Supporter
      • 355 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
      • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

      Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

      Originally Posted by mae1564 

      Ok, here are a couple of pictures!

       

       

      Oh you used Juan?! Then I know the rest of your pictures will be just as amazing. You looked so stunning, your dress was gorgeous!

       

      Side note: I'm in NJ and we were hit by Hurricane Sandy. Last night, I got a message from Juan asking how we made out with the hurricane, that he was worried about us, and asking if there was anything he could do. I was SO touched by him sending that message, it really speaks to his character. Plus, he's an awesome photographer. :)



      #9784 mae1564

      mae1564
      • Newbie
      • 96 posts

        Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

        Originally Posted by deniden 

         

        Oh you used Juan?! Then I know the rest of your pictures will be just as amazing. You looked so stunning, your dress was gorgeous!

         

        Side note: I'm in NJ and we were hit by Hurricane Sandy. Last night, I got a message from Juan asking how we made out with the hurricane, that he was worried about us, and asking if there was anything he could do. I was SO touched by him sending that message, it really speaks to his character. Plus, he's an awesome photographer. :)

        Yes I did use Juan, thanks to your awesome recommendation!!! And thank you :)

         

        That is so awesome that he reached out to you, we were both very impressed with him. He was great, perfectly on time, and wonderful to work with. How are you handling the storm? Is there anything that any of us can do for you? I'm in California and have been watching the news, it just looks horrible over there! Hope you are well!



        #9785 jaruszen

        jaruszen
        • Site Supporter
        • 15 posts

          Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

          Hi all!  How are you or did you find your guests at the resort throughout your trip?!  Any ideas would be greatful!  We have guests coming in at various times and days and I have no clue how we can find each other since we won't have our cell phones!

           

          I had an idea to print out a list of guests for everyone and they can write in room numbers as they find them out to leave a message for each other if needed?

           

          We are planning a 'welcome party' gathering one night and the wedding the next night but that is about it.

          Attached Files



          #9786 deniden

          deniden
          • Site Supporter
          • 355 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
          • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

          Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

          Originally Posted by jaruszen 

          Hi all!  How are you or did you find your guests at the resort throughout your trip?!  Any ideas would be greatful!  We have guests coming in at various times and days and I have no clue how we can find each other since we won't have our cell phones!

           

          I had an idea to print out a list of guests for everyone and they can write in room numbers as they find them out to leave a message for each other if needed?

           

          We are planning a 'welcome party' gathering one night and the wedding the next night but that is about it.

           

          I got a list from my travel agent of when everyone's flight would be coming in and we greeted them in the lobby. Thankfully, most of our guests were only spread across 5 or 6 flights, and they ended up in 4 or 5 groups.

          Attached Files



          #9787 mae1564

          mae1564
          • Newbie
          • 96 posts

            Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

            Hi Ladies! I just posted my review of the resort!

             

            http://www.bestdesti...rt/reviews/6634

             

            I am also going to write a planning thread so I can go into more details about things other than the resort and their restaurants. I will post that link once I' done!



            #9788 jenguitard

            jenguitard
            • Newbie
            • 47 posts

              Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

              Originally Posted by mae1564 

              Hi Ladies! I just posted my review of the resort!

               

              http://www.bestdesti...rt/reviews/6634

               

              I am also going to write a planning thread so I can go into more details about things other than the resort and their restaurants. I will post that link once I' done!

              Great review!! Looking forward to your planning thread!



              #9789 jenguitard

              jenguitard
              • Newbie
              • 47 posts

                Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

                Question to future brides and past brides...

                 

                Are you planning or did you steam your wedding dress at home? or did you do it through the resort?

                 

                Thanks!!



                #9790 rsosadpt

                rsosadpt
                • Newbie
                • 14 posts

                  Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

                  I was thinking the gazebo would be a great option, however we are expecting 100 guests and my wedding planner informed me that with a party that size the only option for a ceremony location is the beach.  Our ceremony would take place at 4pm and I am hoping that things will be dying down on the beach by then.  Also my wedding planner informed me that they will have personnel from the hotel on the beach to try and insure that people are not walking by during the ceremony, however since its a public beach I doubt this is really achievable.  I think we will just have to wing it and see what happens! For those of you that got married on the beach did you find that it was just completely too chaotic and crowded or did the hotel do a decent job of securing the ceremony site to the best of their ability?

                  Hi! I got married in July 7th at The Royal gazebo 5pm and had 98 guest. To be honest more chairs could have been added for additional guests. You may have to clarify with the wedding coordinator again sometimes they manage several wedding locations and maybe she got them confused. You can also wing the beach ceremony but you will still have bystanders watching. We had a protest marching up and down the beach soon after the Mexican Presidential election during our ceremony. I did not hear a thing but someone managed to get pictures. As far as security goes the answer is yes, they do an amazing job of avoiding any could be wedding crashers. After the ceremony, my husband and I were taking pictures close to the beach and a homeless man tried to come onto the property but was stopped quickly from trespassing. Hope this helps.




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                  Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter