Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9591 SparksFly

SparksFly
  • Jr. Member
  • 219 posts

    Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

    Thanks Kara! That's a great idea!

     

    I am very excited for the wedding. I am very excited to just GET AWAY from work as well!

     

    I wish there was a new review to read on one of the Royals...i've only walked on the property once (I was staying at another resort) and I remember the pool being very beautiful. I think it was really impress my guests that all the rooms are oceanfront. I don't think I've ever stayed in a room that was so oceanfront! My family always opted for the "gardenviews" at the resorts we stayed at...haha.

     

    My aunt has always stayed at Palace hotels. She particularly loved the moon palace. I have seen pictures of the moon palace and it kind of looks motel-ish. Has anyone stayed at both places? The Royal just looks more upscale to me...



    #9592 ralexa2

    ralexa2
    • Newbie
    • 24 posts

      Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

      I visited The royal quickly a half year ago and think it is just more upscale and urban. Its seems smaller too, which I like because it mean less corporate. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding about the ocean front part in your email, but I know you have to pay to be in front where you have a view of the ocean. I read somewhere here that there are rooms along the whole back side of the hotel that probably get views of the parking lot. I really hope its not that bad since most all of my guests got the least expensive rooms.

       

      But the hotel will blow you away, its beautiful, and the location is the best. The beach isn't necessarily the best, but its much nicer then if you head toward Cancun.
       



      #9593 briannettu

      briannettu
      • Newbie
      • 14 posts

        Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

        Someone mentioned a ceremony script so I asked Maritza for the one for the symbolic ceremony and it was....AWFUL!  I'm very laid back about all of this wedding stuff, but the script was just not gonna cut it. So many grammatical errors and stuff that was just weird to talk about in a wedding ceremony...like solving problems with talking, not fists.   I know there's a language barrier and all (I'm a spanish teacher after all) but Geez!  Hopefully they'll let me use my own.



        #9594 mae1564

        mae1564
        • Newbie
        • 96 posts

          Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

          Originally Posted by SparksFly 

          Hi Lucky,

           

          I guess we have to roll with the punches right? That's the advice I would give to any bride. Our brothers sound kind of similar. I know my parents were worried about him and the all inclusive resort. I mean, the Royals have liquor bars right in the room! It's tough for anyone that has any kind of addiction.

           

          I wanted the all inclusive because of the relaxed atmosphere for my guests and didn't really think about my brother.

           

          It's been back and forth whether he will come to the wedding or not, but I would have loved to use that money for his room to help out some of my friends who are staying offsite.

           

          I know the Royal will be amazing and everything will be ok, but I will feel depressed that he will not be there. Those pictures last forever and he will not be a part of them...

           

          So sorry to hear that you are going through this so close to the wedding date! I went through this with my sister, although luckily for me we had these conversations early on instead of last minute. Our siblings sound so oddly familiar! I hope for you that once you get there you will just be able to relax and enjoy the time you have with everyone.



          #9595 mae1564

          mae1564
          • Newbie
          • 96 posts

            Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

            Originally Posted by briannettu 

            Someone mentioned a ceremony script so I asked Maritza for the one for the symbolic ceremony and it was....AWFUL!  I'm very laid back about all of this wedding stuff, but the script was just not gonna cut it. So many grammatical errors and stuff that was just weird to talk about in a wedding ceremony...like solving problems with talking, not fists.   I know there's a language barrier and all (I'm a spanish teacher after all) but Geez!  Hopefully they'll let me use my own.

             

            I haven't seen the ceremony script but I was thinking about writing our own anyways, we are doing a wine box ceremony instead of the sand and I doubt they have anything for it. If they tell you they won't let you write your own, please be sure to post about it!



            #9596 SparksFly

            SparksFly
            • Jr. Member
            • 219 posts

              Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

              Originally Posted by ralexa2 

              I visited The royal quickly a half year ago and think it is just more upscale and urban. Its seems smaller too, which I like because it mean less corporate. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding about the ocean front part in your email, but I know you have to pay to be in front where you have a view of the ocean. I read somewhere here that there are rooms along the whole back side of the hotel that probably get views of the parking lot. I really hope its not that bad since most all of my guests got the least expensive rooms.

               

              But the hotel will blow you away, its beautiful, and the location is the best. The beach isn't necessarily the best, but its much nicer then if you head toward Cancun.
               

               

              Yes the reason I wanted Cancun over PDC was because of the resort being smaller, and all of the rooms (even the basic ones) at the Royal in Cancun are Oceanfront. Meaning that every room they have faces the Ocean. I think that was a selling point for Cancun for me over PDC. I wanted everyone to be immediately wowed when they walked into their rooms.

               

              Both resorts are phenom I am assuming, but I wanted something that was close to the airport and wasnt as spreadout.



              #9597 LuckyGal4

              LuckyGal4
              • Site Supporter
              • 73 posts

                Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

                I just looked at The Royal in Cancun and it looks beautiful!! Your wedding will be amazing, that gazebo is so pretty looking out onto the ocean! Im sooo ready for Next Thurs to be here, thats when we are leaving! When are yall leaving??



                #9598 mae1564

                mae1564
                • Newbie
                • 96 posts

                  Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

                  Hey Ladies,

                   

                  I'm looking for some ideas and need help! Since we are doing our reception at an outside restaurant (Wickys) and it will be more of a dinner than a reception, I was thinking of doing a slideshow/video for our guests. I was thinking of starting with baby pictures of us and show us growing up to the time we met. I don't really know where to start and would love any ideas you want to share!



                  #9599 SparksFly

                  SparksFly
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 219 posts

                    Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

                    Originally Posted by LuckyGal4 

                    I just looked at The Royal in Cancun and it looks beautiful!! Your wedding will be amazing, that gazebo is so pretty looking out onto the ocean! Im sooo ready for Next Thurs to be here, thats when we are leaving! When are yall leaving??

                     Hey Lucky,

                     

                    We leave next Thursday as well. I kind of wish I had booked a few more days! Too late now I guess.

                     

                    How many people do you have coming to Mex? We have around 28 and I am hoping that won't be too small for a big dance party with a DJ!! I am lugging SO MUCH STUFF down there! Hopefully it will be all worth it!

                     

                    I really want to do a wedding planning thread on here but half of the stuff I am using is at my Mom's house in FL. I guess I'll have to do one when I get back in July.

                     

                    SO SO SOOOO excited!!!



                    #9600 ralexa2

                    ralexa2
                    • Newbie
                    • 24 posts

                      Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

                      Thanks for sharing, it looks like a perfect day;)!
                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter