Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9521 deniden

deniden
  • Site Supporter
  • 355 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Morning ladies!

Well, Juan posted some teaser pictures from our wedding!

http://www.juanphoto...en-qroo-mexico/

#9522 jenguitard

jenguitard
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by deniden 

Morning ladies!

Wow!!! Absolutely amazing!

#9523 clarissalu3

clarissalu3
    • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Beautiful pictures! It looks like you all had such a blast!

Morning ladies!

#9524 SparksFly

SparksFly
      • 219 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Morning ladies!

Congrats!!

Did you have an open bar for the cocktail hour? I thought open bar is included with the cocktail hour price, but its actually $5 more per real resort guest, and $15 per non real resort guest.

I know they are trying to make money but COME ON. It's an all-inclusive resort! Paying extra for a cocktail hour is one thing, but to have to pay again for booze that everyone already paid for is just annoying. haha sorry rant over.

#9525 deniden

deniden
        • Site Supporter
        • 355 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by SparksFly 

Congrats!!

Did you have an open bar for the cocktail hour? I thought open bar is included with the cocktail hour price, but its actually $5 more per real resort guest, and $15 per non real resort guest.

I know they are trying to make money but COME ON. It's an all-inclusive resort! Paying extra for a cocktail hour is one thing, but to have to pay again for booze that everyone already paid for is just annoying. haha sorry rant over.

I think that we only paid 1 price for the cocktail hour, I don't remember there being separate prices for open bar vs not... maybe it's something new they are doing?

#9526 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
        • 614 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

ours was included, we did the a-la-carte option and paid $10 per real resort guest for hot and cold apps as well as open bar.

Congrats!!

#9527 marooon13

marooon13
          • 250 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Wedding date BOOKED: Thursday, April 25, 2013.

Just a tip for future Brides: as soon as you have an idea of a date, BOOK IT! The Royal was already completely booked for our first three date choices. At this point, I am just happy we are still getting married in the same month as we had planned!

#9528 jenguitard

jenguitard
          • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Congrats!!

I am glad someone else was confused about this as well...to be honest I still am.  Below is the email that Maritza and I were replying back an forth.  So it seemed the more I tried to clarify the more confused I became.

ME:I would like to have a cocktail hour but I am confused about this.  What is the cost for Real guest? $5 US per person and this includes open bar and appetizers? 

MARITZA:Private Cocktail: champagne and canap┬ęs (1 hour, Minimum 10 guests)   Prices just for the wedding day

Real Guest          $10.00 usd per person

Non Real Guest    $25.00 usd per person

Note: Open bar required: + $5.00 Real guest   &  + $15 Non Real Guest (Welcome cocktail)

ME:I am still confused about this.  So if we want open bar for cocktail hour what is the total price per Real guest?

Then it seemed that either she didn't respond or I cannot find the reply....So is it 15$ pp for Real guest? Or 10$?

#9529 jenguitard

jenguitard
            • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by marooon13 

Wedding date BOOKED: Thursday, April 25, 2013.

Just a tip for future Brides: as soon as you have an idea of a date, BOOK IT! The Royal was already completely booked for our first three date choices. At this point, I am just happy we are still getting married in the same month as we had planned!

Exciting!! Tell us more!! What venues did you decide if you would like to share!!? 

#9530 SparksFly

SparksFly
              • 219 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

Seriously how can it be called a cocktail hour with only fizzy white wine? They are setting up an open bar 50 feet from my cocktail hour for the reception (an hour after the cocktail hour).

The $10 per real guest is only for cold apps not the hot ones. If I wanted hot its an extra $5 per real guest and $10 for non real guest.

I am a month out from my wedding (yay!) but an additional $265 dollars for the cocktail party just to make sure people actually have a choice of COCKTAILS is annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter