Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9191 EP27

EP27
  • Newbie
  • 6 posts

    Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

     

    Hello I have been trying to plan my wedding at The Royal for August 11 2012 so many decisions to make I don't even know where to start.

    I am having a Spiritual Ceremony  at 5:00 in the Gazebo at The Royal

    The Cocktails and Reception at the Main Garden 

    I chose the Luxury Wedding Package.

     

    Questions:

    Do you ladies recommend getting a DJ or using the IPOD?

    Do I need placecards?

    Do you recommend spending the money on a fancy dance floor (lighting up)?

    Do you recommend getting center pieces?

    Do you recommend getting the lounge furniture?

    Any other extra choices I should consider?

    What are the favors for, and does everyone get one? Are these purchased while in Play?

    Are there any appetizers you highly recommend I get?

    Please if you know of any other things I should be considering let me know

     

    So excited to get married but I need to have everything done before the end of February.

    I am noticing that my wedding planner from the Royal takes about 1-2 weeks to reply to any of my questions so hopefully you ladies can help me!



    #9192 EP27

    EP27
    • Newbie
    • 6 posts

      Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

      Congrats! I am also getting married at The Royal August 11, 2012. 



      #9193 kellygrrrl

      kellygrrrl
      • Member
      • 614 posts

        Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:12 PM


        a lot of your questions have been asked and answered in this forum previously. honestly, the best thing to do is pour a nice glass of wine (or several) and read back through the previous few hundred posts. it will provide more information and viewpoints than we could do quickly. there's also the ability to search this forum for specific things - like DJ or lighted dance floor. hopefully that will give you a solid foundation for wedding planning. 
         

        Originally Posted by EP27 

         

        Hello I have been trying to plan my wedding at The Royal for August 11 2012 so many decisions to make I don't even know where to start.

        I am having a Spiritual Ceremony  at 5:00 in the Gazebo at The Royal

        The Cocktails and Reception at the Main Garden 

        I chose the Luxury Wedding Package.

         

        Questions:

        Do you ladies recommend getting a DJ or using the IPOD?

        Do I need placecards?

        Do you recommend spending the money on a fancy dance floor (lighting up)?

        Do you recommend getting center pieces?

        Do you recommend getting the lounge furniture?

        Any other extra choices I should consider?

        What are the favors for, and does everyone get one? Are these purchased while in Play?

        Are there any appetizers you highly recommend I get?

        Please if you know of any other things I should be considering let me know

         

        So excited to get married but I need to have everything done before the end of February.

        I am noticing that my wedding planner from the Royal takes about 1-2 weeks to reply to any of my questions so hopefully you ladies can help me!



         



        #9194 deniden

        deniden
        • Site Supporter
        • 355 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
        • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

        Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:53 PM



        Originally Posted by queenoftheu 

        Man, this thread has gotten to be DEPRESSING! Isn't anyone else having a good experience?!

         

        I have had zero issues with my wedding. I chose a destination wedding so that I could have a totally laid back experience and NOT deal with so much stress. When I have a question (which is rare), I ask my coordinator, and she answers me in a timely fashion. There have been no surprises in what I can or cannot do or what they charge. Everything for me has been smooth sailing, and I cannot WAIT for my wedding!

         

        I hope there are some of you out there who feel the same way!

         


        I've gotta say - I have NO complaints so far. My online wedding coordinator, Ana, is fabulous! My travel agent is fabulous! Every question is answered within hours and they haven't told me no about a thing. Yes, the vendor fee sucks, but we knew about it coming in thanks to this awesome thread. I've really enjoyed the planning and it's been stress free for me (except for family drama! LOL)

         



        #9195 maggiedinh

        maggiedinh
        • Newbie
        • 35 posts

          Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

          Is there any way to change coordinators? My WC is Elsa Torres and she usually takes a month (literally) to respond to my question.  I have asked her the same question maybe 5 times now and she never directly answers my question.  I first started asking her about a larger dance floor in October, and I still don't have an answer from her!  Keep in mind, this is practically the only thing I've been asking her about.  

           

          At first I wasn't freaking out because my wedding is quite a ways away, but this service is just atrocious.  

           

          Just curious if anyone has had success in changing coordinators.  Thanks in advance!



          #9196 qgirl2

          qgirl2
          • Newbie
          • 39 posts

            Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:03 AM


            Well it is depressing because they keep messing with people and changing things and not giving what is promised. I am sorry but for the amount of money I am giving to this resort there is not reason there should be an additional reception on that beach. Noise carries on beaches. Which means 2 DJ will be fighting it out. Plus if there reception starts before mine we will hear all the muisc down wind..not ideal. I am paying for the most expensive package and adding additional ala carte..honestly it is just disappointing that they really are not interested in your needs or wants ..they just want brides that will come down and have a cookie cutter wedding and be happy. They give alot of false advertisement starting with their web page. But like I said we may just take our business somewhere else.

            Originally Posted by queenoftheu 

            Man, this thread has gotten to be DEPRESSING! Isn't anyone else having a good experience?!

             

            I have had zero issues with my wedding. I chose a destination wedding so that I could have a totally laid back experience and NOT deal with so much stress. When I have a question (which is rare), I ask my coordinator, and she answers me in a timely fashion. There have been no surprises in what I can or cannot do or what they charge. Everything for me has been smooth sailing, and I cannot WAIT for my wedding!

             

            I hope there are some of you out there who feel the same way!

             



             



            #9197 Pierre Violle

            Pierre Violle
            • Jr. Member
            • 272 posts

              Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

              The Royal is a great location and so central that your guests will have a great vacation! It really is a huge advantage to be located right in the heart of Playa.  I did a recent shoot there on the beach in the late afternoon. The lighting was very romantic and soft and there were very few people on the beach.  Check out Beach wedding at The Royal, Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

               

              Beach wedding at The Royal, Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

               

              Beach wedding at The Royal, Playa del Carmen, Mexico.



              #9198 GG24

              GG24
              • Newbie
              • 3 posts

                Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

                Has anyone had an early afternoon wedding on the beach? The only time that was available was a 1pm slot. This was not ideal, but we really wanted the ceremony on the beach. What I am wondering is how did you handle the events after the ceremony in terms of timeframe? It seems from other posts that there can't really be any time lags between the events. Seems that would have us eating dinner very early. Would love to hear any comments or suggestions from any of you previous brides or brides to be. Thanks so much! 



                #9199 queenoftheu

                queenoftheu
                • Newbie
                • 87 posts

                  Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

                  I understand that you are frustrated, but this was clearly not the right resort for you to choose for the level of service you want. The Royal is a big hotel that does a ton of weddings, and to be frank, someone else will fill your slot if you decide to cancel. They have specific wedding packages, and all of their additional costs and rules are quite clearly spelled out in their contract. They do not promise you that you'll have the beach to yourself, and they don't have to. You had a choice of reception locations, which leaves those additional locations that you did not choose open to all of the other brides who want to get married there and are spending just as much money as you are.

                   

                  I have worked in travel booking destination weddings. There are small resorts that will give you the service you want, and there are resorts that will only book one wedding a day to make sure you get special attention. I would recommend that you talk to a travel agent and find a hotel that will give you what you want. You cannot force the Royal to be what you want it to be, but you can certainly find a place that is better suited to the kind of wedding you want to have.

                   

                  As for me, I am less than 4 months away from my wedding, and I have had zero issues with my experience. I have everything booked the way I want it to be, and all I have to do is hand in my guest list, meal choices, and final payment when I'm 45 days away. I am so excited to be a bride, but I do not expect my wedding hotel to treat me like a queen. I expect them to provide my wedding location and reception so that I can celebrate my love with my future husband and my family and friends.
                   

                  Originally Posted by qgirl2 


                  Well it is depressing because they keep messing with people and changing things and not giving what is promised. I am sorry but for the amount of money I am giving to this resort there is not reason there should be an additional reception on that beach. Noise carries on beaches. Which means 2 DJ will be fighting it out. Plus if there reception starts before mine we will hear all the muisc down wind..not ideal. I am paying for the most expensive package and adding additional ala carte..honestly it is just disappointing that they really are not interested in your needs or wants ..they just want brides that will come down and have a cookie cutter wedding and be happy. They give alot of false advertisement starting with their web page. But like I said we may just take our business somewhere else.



                   



                   



                  #9200 Kate112

                  Kate112
                  • Newbie
                  • 12 posts

                    Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

                    Hi ladies

                     

                    Just out of curiousity who is next to become a Mrs??

                     

                    I can't believe Jan has nearly gone, its going too quick! My WC marizta has been really helpfull so far. I agree with u queenoftheu. There is no way in a million years I would not get married at the royal. Every bride on here has been worried about the big day but most brides are, where ever they get married. But also every bride on here has said they had absolutly nothing to worry about because their day went PERFECT!.

                     

                    I have every confindence that all of the royal brides will have a fantastic day. x






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter