Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9101 The Groooom

The Groooom
  • Newbie
  • 3 posts

    Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

    Greetings, Wonderful Brides and Grooms:

     

    • A quick question to all... has anyone had a larger sized (70 -100 guests) seated reception on Peliconos Beach?
    • I think our rsvp list is going to be larger than we expected and I'm trying to plan accordingly.
    • If you had a larger beach wedding at The Royal Playa, how did you set up the tables, dance floors, dj, bars, etc?
    • Did you use long tables, round tables, etc?
    • Thanks in advance for your help!  

     

    Best Regards,

    The Groooom



    #9102 deniden

    deniden
    • Site Supporter
    • 355 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
    • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

    Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:51 AM



    Originally Posted by The Groooom 

    Greetings, Wonderful Brides and Grooms:

     

    • A quick question to all... has anyone had a larger sized (70 -100 guests) seated reception on Peliconos Beach?
    • I think our rsvp list is going to be larger than we expected and I'm trying to plan accordingly.
    • If you had a larger beach wedding at The Royal Playa, how did you set up the tables, dance floors, dj, bars, etc?
    • Did you use long tables, round tables, etc?
    • Thanks in advance for your help!  

     

    Best Regards,

    The Groooom


    We are at 50+ - which is probably the largest I've seen thus far. I'd be interested in this info, also.
     

     



    #9103 JessicaAnne

    JessicaAnne
    • Newbie
    • 28 posts

      Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:33 AM


      You should definitely check in with the wedding department, I was told that Pelicanos cannot accomodate more than 60 guests for a reception...we were unsure about our final head count so they moved us to North Beach in front of the GP....its much larger and can handle up to 100.....
       

      Originally Posted by The Groooom 

      Greetings, Wonderful Brides and Grooms:

       

      • A quick question to all... has anyone had a larger sized (70 -100 guests) seated reception on Peliconos Beach?
      • I think our rsvp list is going to be larger than we expected and I'm trying to plan accordingly.
      • If you had a larger beach wedding at The Royal Playa, how did you set up the tables, dance floors, dj, bars, etc?
      • Did you use long tables, round tables, etc?
      • Thanks in advance for your help!  

       

      Best Regards,

      The Groooom



       



      #9104 bluelenscaribe

      bluelenscaribe
      • Vendor
      • 194 posts

        Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

         

        You look BEAUTIFUL! And the photos turned out wonderful. Who was your photographer?

        We were the photographers for the above wedding, Blue Lens Caribe. You can see our insiders page on BDW or check out our website www.bluelenscaribe.com :)



        #9105 qgirl2

        qgirl2
        • Newbie
        • 39 posts

          Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

          Okay so not sure if anyone else is having problems but it seems to me that the royal just keeps changing stuff at their will. Now they only use the cheezy folding chairs outdoors for the reception? Covered chairs only inside. Every time I turn around they now can't do this or that...seems to me I am paying for one of the most expensive packages only to be told I can't have this or that..getting pretty irritated.

          Also everyone says that Marvin has great prices on flowers..I don't know he actually seems to be the same as here in the US or a bit higher anyone else experience this?

           

          Sorry just getting a be discouraged by the royal and all their new rules ! Let me know!

          On the good side found M &J photographer for a fantastic price and a free THD session!!! Wohoo!

           



          #9106 Andrea434

          Andrea434
          • Newbie
          • 36 posts

            Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

            Trust me you are not the only one. 

             

            My fiance and I were finalizing our package and all of these charges were coming out of no where. I was really frustrated.  Thank goodness my fiance is very level headed and does not just roll over because he took care of soooo much. 

             

            I think things are going to get frustrating (it is a wedding and it wouldn't be natural if it didn't :) but know it's all going to be great in the end. 

             

            As far as Marvin he is cheaper than the Royal and most of my friends that have got married here say that my price is much less than they spent on flowers.
             

            Originally Posted by qgirl2 

            Okay so not sure if anyone else is having problems but it seems to me that the royal just keeps changing stuff at their will. Now they only use the cheezy folding chairs outdoors for the reception? Covered chairs only inside. Every time I turn around they now can't do this or that...seems to me I am paying for one of the most expensive packages only to be told I can't have this or that..getting pretty irritated.

            Also everyone says that Marvin has great prices on flowers..I don't know he actually seems to be the same as here in the US or a bit higher anyone else experience this?

             

            Sorry just getting a be discouraged by the royal and all their new rules ! Let me know!

            On the good side found M &J photographer for a fantastic price and a free THD session!!! Wohoo!

             



             



            #9107 JessicaAnne

            JessicaAnne
            • Newbie
            • 28 posts

              Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:46 AM


              If I had a dollar for every change so far, or unkept promise, or "No" I could pay for my wedding AND Honeymoon!!  I am really surprised at all the awesome comments about weddings at THE Royal, because the experience has made me want to run to the courthouse and forget the wedding, LOL!!!  I can't imagine that there isnt some basis for all the Love for THE Royal, and recently they have really been trying to work with us to make things run smoothly, thank goodness! 

               

              Marvin IS Expensive, but not as expensive as THE Royal...and keep in mind, flowers that are pricy here, are even more so there...I really wanted Peonies in my bouquet, but at $20 stem (and $2-300 for a bouquet), I'm over it...it's in my hands for an hour or so, and THAT'S IT!

               

              The DJ is expensive too, waaay more than here...but maybe that's because we have so many friends that spin in clubs so I'm out of touch?

               

              The Bottom line: The location is AMAZING, the drinks will be flowing (to take the edge off), the beach is GORGEOUS, and (most of) your friends and family will BE THERE....everything else is just fluff. :-)
               

              Originally Posted by qgirl2 

              Okay so not sure if anyone else is having problems but it seems to me that the royal just keeps changing stuff at their will. Now they only use the cheezy folding chairs outdoors for the reception? Covered chairs only inside. Every time I turn around they now can't do this or that...seems to me I am paying for one of the most expensive packages only to be told I can't have this or that..getting pretty irritated.

              Also everyone says that Marvin has great prices on flowers..I don't know he actually seems to be the same as here in the US or a bit higher anyone else experience this?

               

              Sorry just getting a be discouraged by the royal and all their new rules ! Let me know!

              On the good side found M &J photographer for a fantastic price and a free THD session!!! Wohoo!

               



               



              #9108 RGWedding

              RGWedding
              • Newbie
              • 17 posts

                Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

                I just got back from my Dec 4 Royal wedding. It was fantastic overall but I do wish I knew a few things going into it. I'll post my review soon so that you ladies can avoid the things that happened to me.

                 

                Everyone had so much fun!

                 

                DSC_0620.JPG335807_10100253799695186_1518089_48451443_370483525_o.jpgDSC_0657.JPGDSC_0674.JPG383138_10150453808322070_502582069_8421339_1274080247_n(2).jpg391797_10150453808197070_502582069_8421337_699387571_n(2).jpg



                #9109 RGWedding

                RGWedding
                • Newbie
                • 17 posts

                  Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

                  I just got married at the Royal on 12/4. I agree with EVERYTHING you said.

                   

                  About the flowers, I got my bouquet and sweetheart table centerpiece from the Royal and they were BEAUTIFUL! The bridesmaids bouquets and 5 guest table centerpieces I got from Marvin. I paid $55 for each bridesmaid bouquet and they were pretty. I paid $55 each centerpiece and they were nice but they were ORANGE!! They were suppose to be HOT PINK! My poor husband who waited in the lobby for hours (misunderstanding about arrival time of flowers) had no choice but to accept them since our wedding was 2 hours away.

                   

                  Even though the Royal price is higher I would go with them. If there is a mistake the coordinator takes care of it. With Marvin you are stuck with what he brings and you have to have someone wait for him in the lobby and then display the flowers for you. From my experience, not worth it.
                   

                  Originally Posted by JessicaAnne 


                  If I had a dollar for every change so far, or unkept promise, or "No" I could pay for my wedding AND Honeymoon!!  I am really surprised at all the awesome comments about weddings at THE Royal, because the experience has made me want to run to the courthouse and forget the wedding, LOL!!!  I can't imagine that there isnt some basis for all the Love for THE Royal, and recently they have really been trying to work with us to make things run smoothly, thank goodness! 

                   

                  Marvin IS Expensive, but not as expensive as THE Royal...and keep in mind, flowers that are pricy here, are even more so there...I really wanted Peonies in my bouquet, but at $20 stem (and $2-300 for a bouquet), I'm over it...it's in my hands for an hour or so, and THAT'S IT!

                   

                  The DJ is expensive too, waaay more than here...but maybe that's because we have so many friends that spin in clubs so I'm out of touch?

                   

                  The Bottom line: The location is AMAZING, the drinks will be flowing (to take the edge off), the beach is GORGEOUS, and (most of) your friends and family will BE THERE....everything else is just fluff. :-)
                   



                   



                   



                  #9110 qgirl2

                  qgirl2
                  • Newbie
                  • 39 posts

                    Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:05 AM


                    It is interesting you say that about Marvin because a few of the girls on here experienced the same problem with the flowers not being the correct colors. I am also going to look into the woman that may be doing lounge furniture for us because I believe she does centerpieces as well..plus then since I  am already paying an outside vendor fee she can deal with the set up an take down and no one is forced to sit and wait for the flowers. I would love to see your review so I can avoid the issues you had(sorry for those) as I feel the Royal is kind of getting to strict with all of their restrictions. Also I will look into the royal florist as well..some of their centerpieces weren't so horrible and we are thinking all roses any ways to keep down costs and make it romantic...orchids are out...too expensive!

                    Originally Posted by RGWedding 

                    I just got married at the Royal on 12/4. I agree with EVERYTHING you said.

                     

                    About the flowers, I got my bouquet and sweetheart table centerpiece from the Royal and they were BEAUTIFUL! The bridesmaids bouquets and 5 guest table centerpieces I got from Marvin. I paid $55 for each bridesmaid bouquet and they were pretty. I paid $55 each centerpiece and they were nice but they were ORANGE!! They were suppose to be HOT PINK! My poor husband who waited in the lobby for hours (misunderstanding about arrival time of flowers) had no choice but to accept them since our wedding was 2 hours away.

                     

                    Even though the Royal price is higher I would go with them. If there is a mistake the coordinator takes care of it. With Marvin you are stuck with what he brings and you have to have someone wait for him in the lobby and then display the flowers for you. From my experience, not worth it.
                     



                     



                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter