Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#8891 nikkiscriv

nikkiscriv
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

I personally wouldn't pay the extra cost for a cocktail hour unless you have a very small group coming.  I had nearly 2 hours in between the ceremony and reception because i wanted to take photos from 6-7 and everyone either ordered drinks from one of the bars and many went back to their rooms to change and/or grab a drink there. 

Originally Posted by Labebita911 

Im considering not having a cocktail hour due to timeline. If we get married at 5 pm and reception starts at 6 than i dont think its wort/necessary. Any thoughts???

#8892 Heidi82

Heidi82
    • 72 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

Hi ladies!  I am back a MRS.!!!  Thanks to those that remembered it was my big day!  :)

We left for Mexico on July 19th, the wedding was on July 22nd we returned home on July 29th.

It's hard to believe it's over and done with.  I definitely agree with everyone in the past that said don't stress and relax!  I wish the day could have gone in slow motion or that I could do it all again!

Everything went smoothly and I'll be sure to post a review by the end of this weekend.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Royal and want to go back soon!

I will try to attach a few pictures that my friends took, but not sure if my account lets me...

The 1st one is at the reception (party time!) and my friends trying to pin my dress up..  We couldn't find the bustle!

The 2nd one is me and my hubby's first dance.  :)

3rd one is ring exchange at the ceremony.

4th is at dinner, right when we sat down.  So happy!

The last one is a shot of the ceremony with the bridesmaids and groomsmen!

More to come later!

#8893 JHarris

JHarris
      • 236 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

Welcome back Heidi and congrats on being a MRS now!!!

I saw Breah in the pics! =) It looks like a fabulous time. Love your dress!! So glad to hear you had a great time and no issues. Did Fernando's guy do your hair? Love it!!

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#8894 Heidi82

Heidi82
        • 72 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

LOL I know right after I posted it I realized Breah was in there and you would recognize her!

The resort did my hair and make up!  The eye make up was a bit much at first (TOO much eyeliner), but I just asked her to wipe it off, she did, no complaints and I was happy.  :)

Someone asked about a DJ other than Ivan.  I requested Ivan, but he must have already been booked.  We had a different guy and I can't remember his name, but it was something like Thome, Tume or something like that.  Sorry!  He was not very vocal with the crowd, but the music was great.  He mixed up the songs we had recommended with other songs that he chose.  A lot of people made requests and he accommodated all of them!  Everyone loved the smoke, mask and balloons too.  As long as you have Dorremixx it should be fun!

#8895 Andrea434

Andrea434
          • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hi ladies,

My fiance has a question he wanted me to put out here.  Have any of your fiances/husbands done a deep sea fishing excursion.  Who did you use and was it a good experience? 

Thanks gals!

Andrea

#8896 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
            • 277 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Andrea434 

Hi ladies,

My fiance has a question he wanted me to put out here.  Have any of your fiances/husbands done a deep sea fishing excursion.  Who did you use and was it a good experience? 

Thanks gals!

Andrea

Yes, a group of guys did one when we were down there!  Not sure of the company name, but it was booked at The Royal in the lobby.  There is no need to book ahead of time.

They caught a fish and part of the excusions was the company cooking it for you after and having a BBQ on the beach.  It seems like all the guys enjoyed the day!

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#8897 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
              • 277 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:49 AM

Congrats Heidi!  You looked gorgeous and so happy!

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#8898 Andrea434

Andrea434
                • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

Hey ladies! Just wanted to share my new obsession.....pinterest.com. Seriously so many great wedding ideas and pictures. All the pins take to to the website they came from. I have got so many ideas! Love, love, love it! Andrea March 23, 2012

#8899 Labebita911

Labebita911
                  • 303 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

OFFICIALLY A ROYAL CANCUN BRIDE!!! JULY 14, 2012!!!!!

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8900 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
                    • 677 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:35 PM

WOOOHOOO!!!

Originally Posted by Labebita911 

OFFICIALLY A ROYAL CANCUN BRIDE!!! JULY 14, 2012!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter