Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#8571 speedy130

speedy130
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:10 AM

Ladies,

Just got in yesterday and this place is AMAZING!!!  My fiance and I keep saying to each other, best decision we ever made...and we haven't even gotten to the wedding yet!  You are going to love it!

#8572 orange_peel

orange_peel
    • 36 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

So great to hear, Speedy! Have an amazing wedding day! ENJOY! 

EEEK I leave in 18 days!

#8573 dimax21

dimax21
      • Site Supporter
      • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Jennie0521- congratulations on you wedding! I can't wait to read your review! 

JoZee84- I am doing a legal wedding there. I thought about doing it here (privately) but I really wanted the first time we said "I do" to be in my wedding dress, and in front of our family & friends. I am not too excited about the blood tests, and everything else we have to bring... but I am excited about the day :)

speedy 130 -  good luck!!!! I hope you have an amazing day. I can't wait to hear about it.

I am trying to get everything finalized! I leave in 10 days!!! I can't believe that it is almost here. Lots of planning, but it will be worth it. Every review I have read gets me more and more excited! I finally finished my music for the ceremony and reception (we are using an ipod). That was stressing me out! but it is done! For those of you who used your ipod, (or CD's if you can) how was it? I hope that the sound system sounds great and it will be stress free. Thanks for all your help ladies!!!!!

May 19th, 2011 RPDC

#8574 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
        • 277 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

I'm BACK!!!   Everything was absolutley amazing and perfect!

I'll post some pics and a review in the next couple of days!

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#8575 JoZee84

JoZee84
          • 157 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by dimax21 

Jennie0521- congratulations on you wedding! I can't wait to read your review! 

JoZee84- I am doing a legal wedding there. I thought about doing it here (privately) but I really wanted the first time we said "I do" to be in my wedding dress, and in front of our family & friends. I am not too excited about the blood tests, and everything else we have to bring... but I am excited about the day :)

speedy 130 -  good luck!!!! I hope you have an amazing day. I can't wait to hear about it.

I am trying to get everything finalized! I leave in 10 days!!! I can't believe that it is almost here. Lots of planning, but it will be worth it. Every review I have read gets me more and more excited! I finally finished my music for the ceremony and reception (we are using an ipod). That was stressing me out! but it is done! For those of you who used your ipod, (or CD's if you can) how was it? I hope that the sound system sounds great and it will be stress free. Thanks for all your help ladies!!!!!

Hi, Dimax21, We or I am not too thrilled about the blood test either.  But we also wanted this to be our real ceremony.  What else do you need to bring?  I know if you have changed your name or been married before you need birth certificates.  But all I was told I needed was my passport and tourist card.  You leave in 10 days! So excited for you can't wait to hear how it went.  please let me know how all the legal things went including the blood test.  Have fun!!!

#8576 queenoftheu

queenoftheu
            • 87 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Congrats! Can't wait to see!

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 

I'm BACK!!!   Everything was absolutley amazing and perfect!

I'll post some pics and a review in the next couple of days!

#8577 RGWedding

RGWedding
              • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hope everyone is doing well with the planning!

From your experiences, are the photographer prices that are stated in the brochure negotiable or are they set in stone?

Thanks for the advice! Happy weekend.

#8578 dimax21

dimax21
                • Site Supporter
                • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

JoZee84- Thank you for pointing that out! :) For some reason I was thinking we needed to bring more. Looking it over all we do need is our passport and tourist card. (and of course the blood tests and medical certificate that we get there) I will let you know how everything goes as soon as I get back! aahhh 9 days now! (not that I'm counting or anything) :) 

Chigacobride2011-  I am so glad everything was perfect for you! I can't wait to hear about it!!

tigershoes- my wedding is scheduled at 5pm on the beach May 19th. I will let you know if it is too hot. (I hope not, I'm hoping that the nice sea breeze will help me stay cool) :) 

May 19th, 2011 RPDC

#8579 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
                  • 614 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

set. setsetset. I think the only way you MIGHT negotiate it would be if you're having a wedding on a Mon/Tues/Wed or if you book multiple sessions with them (e.g. wedding photog and TTD). for me, it was my single largest budget line item (even having booked La Luna), but now that it's done, I feel really good knowing they'll do a great job, and I've booked enough hours (4 vs the 3 that I was originally considering) for them to do great work.

then once I looked back at some of the Royal's items ($10pp for cocktail hour) I was like, "Wow! Affordable!" : ) by all means, you'll have to decide which items are your financial priorities - maybe cutting somewhere else can help you achieve them. good luck!

Originally Posted by RGWedding 

Hope everyone is doing well with the planning!

From your experiences, are the photographer prices that are stated in the brochure negotiable or are they set in stone?

Thanks for the advice! Happy weekend.

#8580 tigershoes

tigershoes
                    • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

Thanks Dimax21! Wow, your big day is around the corner. How exciting! I'm sure it seems like yesterday you started planning for your big day. Can't wait to hear about it. Enjoy and savor ALL the moments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter