ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Oh, and I am super excited about taking my engagement pictures this weekend! I feel like I've been planning them for ages!

We got engaged in Napa, so we're taking our pictures there. However, I have some props to use for part of the shoot to tie it in with our Mexican wedding for the STDs. When I booked the photographer, I told him I wanted the theme of our prop section to be "Classy Sombrero" :)

We have some sombreros, we found 2 vintage suitcases, and we have a road map of Mexico. On the vintage suitcases, we made stickers with the colorful Mexico logo from the tourism board, and I think I'm also going to use that logo on a poster.

I am fine tuning both of my outfit selections, and I am having my hair and makeup done in Napa with fake eyelashes! I've never had pictures taken like this before, and I am just so excited! I feel like I'm preparing for my ANTM audition! Except, you know, my fiance will be in the pictures, too... I wonder if I can teach him to smize by Saturday... :)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy831 View Post

So I had my wedding at the Royal on Saturday April 16th.. it was beautiful!! You guys won't regret having it here, I promise!! Obviously nothing is perfect and there were some hang ups, but it was totally worth it and absolutely amazing!! I will post a review this weekend if I have time!! But if any of you have specific questions about anything, let me know!!

My wedding coordinator was Denys. She is soooo nice and was so calm about everything and she made sure everything looked beautiful... and it did for sure!! Even though this forum helped me a ton with a lot of questions I had, I almost feel that it hurt me in ways, cause the things that people have said were really awesome ended up not turning out for me, but then it is also vice versa, things that didn't end up going good for some, ended up turning out awesome for me!! There are a few things I would be aware of. I used an i-pod for the music and was told somebody would stand and man it to make sure music keeps playing.. well for the ceremony, they did an awesome job. But for the reception, there was nobody there the entire time. The bartenders were "taking care" of it, but I pretty much had to keep going over and messing with it, and changing the playlists from dinner to dancing, etc. so if I could do it over, I would get a DJ I think, or do something else because I felt like I had to take time out of the fun to go over and make sure it kept going.

Another thing was that I paid for the extra hour of reception, so that I would have 4 hours instead of 3, so my reception was supposed to be from 6 - 10. Well at about 8:45, they started packing up the bar and the speakers, etc. and one of my bridesmaids told me and I went up to them and asked about it and they said I only had 15 more minutes. My wedding coordinator was standing there too and didn't realize or forgot that I paid for the extra hour and was like "Oohh..... ok". So they plugged everything back in, etc.. but I was so upset about it that it kind of ruined the mood from then on. And then even though we had the extra hour they started packing up the bar at like 9:15 so people weren't even sure if they could get drinks anymore... so a word of advice, make sure that when you meet with your coordinator when you get down here, print out everything (checklists, guest lists, food menu, etc.) and bring it with you, because I'm not really sure that the on-site coordinator looks at everything that you paid for (like the extra hour of reception). We hadn't gone over that in our meeting, I guess I didn't really think about it but i thought she would have known and seen it . Plus there are a ton of weddings a day here, so your coordinator is also working on other weddings at the same time as yours, so they do forget/mess things up.. but for the most part everything else went fantastic!

Also, I got the tres leches cake for the wedding. They served it on the lunch menu at Pelicanos, so if you want to try it beforehand, you can go there during lunchtime. It was awesome at Pelicanos, but when I had it at the wedding, I wasn't even sure if it was tres leches?! It was pretty dry, and the "milk layers" were really thin, it tasted like it was overcooked a  little or something. I didn't like it, but other people did, so I guess in the end it was fine.

Anyways, I will write my review in the next week or two... let me know if you have any other questions.  OOOHHH and I'm still waiting to get all of my decorations back, they told me they would pack it all up and put it in our room... well, we are leaving tomorrow morning and we still haven't gotten anything back yet and have already reminded them once about it.. I'm hoping they didn't lose/throw it all away cause I was going to use the stuff for my AHR!! :/   BUT honestly despite the few things that went wrong, everything else was more than perfect, the resort is beautiful, the weather was perfect so it was definitely the right choice for us to have the wedding here!!

Thanks Suzy!  I too paid for an extra hour for the reception so I'll have to make that clear when I meet with my WC next Thurs.

I have a song that I want played at the ceremony when I walk down the aisle.  They said there is a ipod hook-up there...But my question is who will press "play" for us?  Is that something the officiant or WC does?

I sure hope we break even too! or at least as close as possible.....so far some relatives have been very generous and a couple have been cheap.....a bit worried but nothing we can do about it since it's coming up really fast!  wacko.gif 

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

Rosieposie,

Hopefully, ur chinese family and friends aren't cheap, or else...you will end up with a loss.  But usually, chinese couples can break even on the reception.

They have someone that will be in charge of it. Just make sure you tell your WC exactly what song or playlist it is.

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post

Thanks Suzy!  I too paid for an extra hour for the reception so I'll have to make that clear when I meet with my WC next Thurs.

I have a song that I want played at the ceremony when I walk down the aisle.  They said there is a ipod hook-up there...But my question is who will press "play" for us?  Is that something the officiant or WC does?

Hey everyone, can't believe we are leaving tomorrow morning. It is crazy. It seems like yesterday that I signed up on this forum and didn't know what to do next. You guys have been amazing, such great ideas and advice. I just updated my planning thread ( http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/63105/jennie0521-s-planning-thread-diy-invitations-on-pg-1-more-planning-photos-on-pg-3/20 ). I will post some pics when we return. So excited. And CHICAGOBRIDE2011 have a amazing wedding, we might see you down there. Talk to you all later!!!

Originally Posted by Jennie0521 View Post

Hey everyone, can't believe we are leaving tomorrow morning. It is crazy. It seems like yesterday that I signed up on this forum and didn't know what to do next. You guys have been amazing, such great ideas and advice. I just updated my planning thread ( http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/63105/jennie0521-s-planning-thread-diy-invitations-on-pg-1-more-planning-photos-on-pg-3/20 ). I will post some pics when we return. So excited. And CHICAGOBRIDE2011 have a amazing wedding, we might see you down there. Talk to you all later!!!

Good luck!!!  We will for sure be down there the same time, hopefully we run into each other I'll be sneeking a peak at all the weddings on  the 28th trying to figure out which one you are! :)

Thanks for posting your planning thread Jennie!  Everything looks great!  We are going to have a lot of blue & turquiose in our wedding also!  Did you find a map of the resort on their website?

Congrats & Best Wishes!

So, my big days is 3 months from yesterday!  OMG I am freaking out just a tad.  SOOOO much to do.

At my FI's parents house right now digging through baby pictures of him for our slideshow.  hehe

I found my wedding shoes for the ceremony and my bridesmaid's necklaces last weekend.

I still have to order FI's ring, find jewelry for me, find earrings for the bridesmaids and start ordering stuff for our OOT bags.  Plus take my dress to get hemmed/altered, find maracas and fans! EEK

I have a hair trial in two weeks, so hopefully I'll decide on how I want it.  Then a makeup trial a few days after that.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for my bridesmaid's dresses to come in.  Just called the store and they said they were too busy to check the order because it's a Saturday...argh!  Guess I'll call back on a Monday morning.

Happy Easter weekend to all!

:) Heidi