Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#841 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
  • Sr. Member
  • 3,347 posts

    Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmenGeeRoxx

    Thank you for coming to the rescue of my noobness... That would be the link I was talking about!
    ~Stephanie

    Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

    #842 VeronicaLane

    VeronicaLane
    • Newbie
    • 54 posts

      Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

      Hey Everyone,

      Thanks for your advice. The "MUST READ" was especially helpful. I personally am not the slightest bit worried. But, I got frustrated when by BFF (a single female traveling alone) told me that her parents "begged" her to not go to the wedding. UGH. That's something that a bride never wants to hear. Our wedding is the root of some mother's worry.

      Here's the official email we sent to our confirmed wedding guests:

      "Hola Amigos!

      We are two weeks away from cold margaritas and warm Mexican beaches! We are so excited!

      A few of you have voiced concerns regarding the recent reports on increased violence in Mexico. We want our Wedding Week to be a perfect experience for everyone, so we've done some research. Here is the link to the U.S. State Department's Mexican Travel Alert. Please read this info carefully. Also, here is a link regarding Spring Break Travel Safety in Mexico.

      Please note that the majority of violence is happening in U.S. Border cities. However, it is essential that we all travel together and use precaution.

      Please send us your flight information. We will send a consolidated spreadsheet with everyone's flight info and cell phone numbers. Let's use the buddy system and watch out for each other.

      We feel great about Playa del Carmen and the Royal Resort. This is a safe city that revolves around tourism. But, it never hurts to be cautious.

      Let us know if you have any questions. We want everyone to feel safe and secure about the upcoming events.

      Love,
      Veronica and Will"

      #843 Shay2679

      Shay2679
      • Jr. Member
      • 493 posts

        Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by VeronicaLane
        Hey Everyone,

        Thanks for your advice. The "MUST READ" was especially helpful. I personally am not the slightest bit worried. But, I got frustrated when by BFF (a single female traveling alone) told me that her parents "begged" her to not go to the wedding. UGH. That's something that a bride never wants to hear. Our wedding is the root of some mother's worry.

        Here's the official email we sent to our confirmed wedding guests:

        "Hola Amigos!

        We are two weeks away from cold margaritas and warm Mexican beaches! We are so excited!

        A few of you have voiced concerns regarding the recent reports on increased violence in Mexico. We want our Wedding Week to be a perfect experience for everyone, so we've done some research. Here is the link to the U.S. State Department's Mexican Travel Alert. Please read this info carefully. Also, here is a link regarding Spring Break Travel Safety in Mexico.

        Please note that the majority of violence is happening in U.S. Border cities. However, it is essential that we all travel together and use precaution.

        Please send us your flight information. We will send a consolidated spreadsheet with everyone's flight info and cell phone numbers. Let's use the buddy system and watch out for each other.

        We feel great about Playa del Carmen and the Royal Resort. This is a safe city that revolves around tourism. But, it never hurts to be cautious.

        Let us know if you have any questions. We want everyone to feel safe and secure about the upcoming events.

        Love,
        Veronica and Will"
        I think that is great! Covers all your bases, without sounding alarmed yourself! Perfect. If you're not concerned, then I think that will be relayed to your guests...you'd never put them in a situation you felt was unsafe.

        I still cannot believe its only two weeks away for you. That is unbelievable. I cannot wait to hear all about your experience (I hope you don't disappear immediately following the wedding)! and see your pictures (if you're willing to share)!

        I'm so excited for you V! If you need anything in these last few weeks...let us know!

        xo

        #844 EmenGeeRoxx

        EmenGeeRoxx
        • Jr. Member
        • 279 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

        Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Steph158
        Thank you for coming to the rescue of my noobness... That would be the link I was talking about!
        No worries at all :)

        Veronica I think your message is perfect.

        #845 EmenGeeRoxx

        EmenGeeRoxx
        • Jr. Member
        • 279 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

        Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

        Here is another good article

        Playa del Carmen: Is it Safe?? Luna Blue’s PlayaZone

        Also my fiancee's patient just came back from Playa yesterday. And she has gone there about 4 times in the last 6 years. Here is a summary of what she said

        -she didn't know about a travel advisory before she went
        -she said when she was there 'the army' was based in playa del carmen
        -she said they were showing presence especially on 5th
        -she found out what was happening when she was there from people talking etc
        -she said she didn't go off the resort really (Only to playa del carmen shops etc)...
        -said it is very commercialized now
        -it's the fastest growing vacation spot, lots of jewelry stores etc....
        -she said the weather was good
        -1 thing other thing she said was she thinks there was a little scam on the way home and she's looking into it; when still in mexico she said the airport was charging $20USD for EVERY lb over 44lbs. Lots of people were getting charged this fee left and right at the airport and she never saw this before

        #846 ~Stephanie~

        ~Stephanie~
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,347 posts

          Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by EmenGeeRoxx
          Here is another good article

          Playa del Carmen: Is it Safe?? Luna Blue’s PlayaZone

          Also my fiancee's patient just came back from Playa yesterday. And she has gone there about 4 times in the last 6 years. Here is a summary of what she said

          -she didn't know about a travel advisory before she went
          -she said when she was there 'the army' was based in playa del carmen
          -she said they were showing presence especially on 5th
          -she found out what was happening when she was there from people talking etc
          -she said she didn't go off the resort really (Only to playa del carmen shops etc)...
          -said it is very commercialized now
          -it's the fastest growing vacation spot, lots of jewelry stores etc....
          -she said the weather was good
          -1 thing other thing she said was she thinks there was a little scam on the way home and she's looking into it; when still in mexico she said the airport was charging $20USD for EVERY lb over 44lbs. Lots of people were getting charged this fee left and right at the airport and she never saw this before
          Thanks for the update! So what does Army presence mean? Is is safer because they are there? Is it bad becuase they are there meaning its a worse location.

          On another note, the scam, keep us informed because US airline weight limits are 50lbs per checked bag. I would assume because its the same airline it would be the same leaving! So if you are keeping your bags around 50lbs (like I will) then you will be screwed on the return flight with a $120 fee! Ouch! Something to keep in mind... let us know what you find out.
          ~Stephanie

          Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

          #847 VeronicaLane

          VeronicaLane
          • Newbie
          • 54 posts

            Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Shay2679
            I'm so excited for you V! If you need anything in these last few weeks...let us know!

            xo
            Haha! I will NOT disappear from this site after the wedding. I'll be sure do write a full site review and planning thread. (I should probably do the planning thread soon!)

            This forum has been a total lifesaver. I can remember the first time I stumbled onto this website and spent about 12 hours reading thread after thread! Now, it's my turn to share info! I have to return the favor to future brides. ;-)

            V

            #848 ~Stephanie~

            ~Stephanie~
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,347 posts

              Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

              Veronica- Holy Mexico Batman! I can't believe you only have a couple of weeks! If I were you I would not be able to sleep or eat! I would be just a nervous excited basketcase!!

              Geez, you would think I was getting married in two weeks, I'm so excited! I am just dying to see photos and hear everything you have to report when you return!
              ~Stephanie

              Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

              #849 jaxsebridetobe

              jaxsebridetobe
              • Newbie
              • 44 posts

                Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

                I have a question on the reception and the music... I don't quite know how many people we will have with us, but let's say it's 20-30 people. To save some money, i'm thinking of not going with a DJ - so if we just use our own music (either IPOD or CD's) how is the sound? I do want people to get up and dance and have a good time, but will the sound be good enough without the DJ?

                Thanks!

                #850 ~Stephanie~

                ~Stephanie~
                • Sr. Member
                • 3,347 posts

                  Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jaxsebridetobe
                  I have a question on the reception and the music... I don't quite know how many people we will have with us, but let's say it's 20-30 people. To save some money, i'm thinking of not going with a DJ - so if we just use our own music (either IPOD or CD's) how is the sound? I do want people to get up and dance and have a good time, but will the sound be good enough without the DJ?

                  Thanks!
                  I am not sure if it depends on your wedding package or not (I think not) I think no matter how many guests as long as you are paying the reception price per person that they make a "sound system" available to you. At least that is what I have read.
                  ~Stephanie

                  Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                  Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter