Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7001 kshows03

kshows03
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

Lisa - I am doing a half up half down.  Thankfully my hair is pretty straight and I'm getting married in February, so I am not too concerned with the humidity making it a frizzy mess.  I also think it greatly depends on the dress you choose.  I think the ones with sleeves or that go higher up look best with an up-do, versus a strapless or sweetheart that can support the hair being down! (You don't want to cover up that beautiful dress!!)

ChicagoBride - I got a MAGGIE!!  She is an amazing designer, and I absolutley love the fit.  Personally I like the first one better but where are you getting married?  On the beach or at the Gazeebo?  I think #1 fits perfectly for Gazeebo and #2 for on the Beach =)  They are both beautiful dresses!  Great picks!

The Royal - Playa del Carmen - 2/12/11

#7002 giraffexx

giraffexx
    • 498 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

I am, it's really frustrating! I already did one trial for an up style but didn't like the way it came out. The hairstyle looked really pretty, but I don't think it was really me. Now I'm leaning towards half up half down but have yet to find one that I like.

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Is anyone else having a hard deciding deciding on whether they are wearing hair up, down, or half updo? Ugh, I am lol.....

#7003 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 

Hey ladies I think I finally found my dress!  Yippee, it's Maggie Sottero Brianna. (I would have never thought to try it on, complete opposite of what I was looking for)

I am most likely wearing mine up. I have found a few pictures of up dos that I really like. My hair is super curly and I am sure it will be humid as hell down there so I am afraid if I wore it even half up half down it would be a frizzy mess!!

My hair is curly, too and I was thinking the same.

Originally Posted by kshows03 

Lisa - I am doing a half up half down.  Thankfully my hair is pretty straight and I'm getting married in February, so I am not too concerned with the humidity making it a frizzy mess.  I also think it greatly depends on the dress you choose.  I think the ones with sleeves or that go higher up look best with an up-do, versus a strapless or sweetheart that can support the hair being down! (You don't want to cover up that beautiful dress!!)

ChicagoBride - I got a MAGGIE!!  She is an amazing designer, and I absolutley love the fit.  Personally I like the first one better but where are you getting married?  On the beach or at the Gazeebo?  I think #1 fits perfectly for Gazeebo and #2 for on the Beach =)  They are both beautiful dresses!  Great picks!

Yay for maggie brides!

#7004 JHarris

JHarris
        • 236 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

Hey ladies I think I finally found my dress!  Yippee, it's Maggie Sottero Brianna. (I would have never thought to try it on, complete opposite of what I was looking for)

http://www.maggiesot...=15&style=A3398

The only reason why I didn't pull the trigger and buy it is because I've been eyeing Maggie RD1044, and the store didn't have a sample.  They are going to try and get one for me, and will call me this week.  Has anyone tried this dress on? or has seen it in person?

http://www.maggiesot...=1&style=RD1044

Both are absolutely gorgeous!! Great styles. I like the 2nd one for a romantic beach look. I love the first one for the regal look - either one you pick will look amazing on you!!

I agree about the corset and lace-ups! Nothing wrong with a little extra help! =)

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#7005 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

http://www.maggiesot...=15&style=A3398

The only reason why I didn't pull the trigger and buy it is because I've been eyeing Maggie RD1044, and the store didn't have a sample.  They are going to try and get one for me, and will call me this week.  Has anyone tried this dress on? or has seen it in person?

http://www.maggiesot...=1&style=RD1044

I 've seen both recently.  I went dress-shopping with my bbf, as she is getting married too and wants smth flowy.  She is a size 14, and tried the second dress on first.  It was a disaster.  It is a very nice dress for a bride with a tiny frame and no belly, not very great if the bride has 2 spare tires like my bbf. 

She also try the first one on, and the fabric hides her tires better and gave her a better shape, but she didn't fell wow in it neither.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#7006 jesmcan

jesmcan
            • 1,091 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Chicago bride lovveeee the dresses!!!!! both are them of beautiful let us know how it goes trying on the second one

Lisa - You have no idea how much I have agonized over the hair thing. If my hair doesn't look good I won't feel good lol so I went for a hair trial at my at home salon to see. We tried half up and I felt like I was going to prom, than we did pony tail to the side and I don't know it still did not feel quite right, finally we tried a low side bun with a side sweep in the front with a large orchid and it was perfect :) I am glad I did the trial so now I don't have to worry and can show fernando exactly what to do

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#7007 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

Chicago bride lovveeee the dresses!!!!! both are them of beautiful let us know how it goes trying on the second one

Lisa - You have no idea how much I have agonized over the hair thing. If my hair doesn't look good I won't feel good lol so I went for a hair trial at my at home salon to see. We tried half up and I felt like I was going to prom, than we did pony tail to the side and I don't know it still did not feel quite right, finally we tried a low side bun with a side sweep in the front with a large orchid and it was perfect :) I am glad I did the trial so now I don't have to worry and can show fernando exactly what to do

Jess, I did the same thing tonight lol (only on my own). I did half up do and showed Wayne and he said he liked it. Then I did a low chignon with my bangs swept to side (or tried to) with a fake orchid from Garden Ridge lol and he said "Yes! that's the one" .... glad to hear we are on the same page.

#7008 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                • 712 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

Oh btw, I ordered the luxury flower from the royal for my hair ( i assume it's an orchid), but I wonder if a fake one would be better? I wonder how long they look fresh....

#7009 jesmcan

jesmcan
                  • 1,091 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

oh cute!! it will totally hold up for the night :)

By the way are you bringing a steamer or what were you thinking of doing for it?

Also to all ladies did any of you save a seat for the photographer at a table or no?

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Jess, I did the same thing tonight lol (only on my own). I did half up do and showed Wayne and he said he liked it. Then I did a low chignon with my bangs swept to side (or tried to) with a fake orchid from Garden Ridge lol and he said "Yes! that's the one" .... glad to hear we are on the same page.

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#7010 kshows03

kshows03
                    • 78 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

Kind of off subject, but I was wondering if anyone did a rehersal at the gazebo with the wedding coordinator or did you just wing it the day of?
                      The Royal - Playa del Carmen - 2/12/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter