Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#661 jamk32179

jamk32179
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by traceyfranzel
    Our date is set...Oct 24, 2009. Can anyone who has been there in October tell me what the weather is like there at that time? I am hoping that it is warm enough to hang out on the beach/pool...also, what are the nights like that time of year? (warm, cool, cold, etc). Thanks!
    I was there this past year at the end of October through the first week in November. The days were AMAZING!!! I lived in sundresses and basked by the pool/beach all day. Nights were nice as well. I think there was maybe only 1-2 days that I wore a light jacket otherwise I continued the sundress trend!
    September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#662 Kriswim

Kriswim
    • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

Shay - Where did you get your starfish - is it for your flowers? I need to order mine this week!
      **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
      My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#663 Shay2679

Shay2679
      • 493 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kriswim
        Shay - Where did you get your starfish - is it for your flowers? I need to order mine this week!
        I'm getting my flowers for the AHR from (a Company) and am really excited to see the design. I've ordered two starfish jewels from them, and will bring those to Mexico.

I have also ordered dried starfish for our table settings (placecards). I ordered 10, 4-6" sugar starfish, and 10, 1-2" ones for table decoration. I paid $30 using a company called:SHARPE'S TROPICAL SHELLS & GIFTS - B.C. TROPICAL SHELL CO. - TROPITEK TRADING

Being in the U.S. though...you have a lot more options for these kinds of things!

HTH!

#664 Kriswim

Kriswim
        • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the info!!!! I will do that this week! :-) Too many options in the US that's my problem - i can never make up my mind! haha! I think I will try emailing Micaela everyweek until she responds! ;-)
          **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

#665 Shay2679

Shay2679
          • 493 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
            Thanks for the info!!!! I will do that this week! :-) Too many options in the US that's my problem - i can never make up my mind! haha! I think I will try emailing Micaela everyweek until she responds! ;-)
            Let me know how that goes!!! I'll keep you posted also, if I hear anything...

What are some of your questions ... in case I talk to her first! I think I sent you most of mine already!

#666 Kriswim

Kriswim
            • 186 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

Well, I just want to know if she'll do a rehearsal "walk thru" of the ceremony with us. I think she said she can translate the judge if he doesn't speak english well. Then i just wanted confirmation that she got/has everything from me - which i am sure she does b/c she would probably email me if she needed money or important papers!! LOL

#667 Shay2679

Shay2679
              • 493 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
                Well, I just want to know if she'll do a rehearsal "walk thru" of the ceremony with us. I think she said she can translate the judge if he doesn't speak english well. Then i just wanted confirmation that she got/has everything from me - which i am sure she does b/c she would probably email me if she needed money or important papers!! LOL
                Yes, I imagine you're good to go!

From what I've heard, Micaela does speak and translate a spanish ceremony for you, if you end up with a Spanish speaking Officiant. I've also heard, she does a wonderful job in doing so...she speaks very clearly and slowly!

I'm sure if anything were time pressing, she would get a hold of you.

It's creeping up on us...only a few more months!

#668 Shay2679

Shay2679
                • 493 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

Do any of my fellow brides know of a site (either American or Canadian) that carries similar products to those on theknotweddingshop.com AND would allow me to use a Canadian billing address? OR...is there any one of you who would be willling to make arrangments with me to send you the total cost of my order ahead of time, place the order yourselves (using your own method of payment) and then I'll pay for shipping seperately I know this is a big favor...so suggestions for sites would be appreciated.

There are a few things off of the Knot that I REALLY want (and they are so affordable right now)...and cannot find them on any of the Canadian sites I have...but they won't allow me to enter my Canadian billing address...even though I have a friend who was willing to have me ship it to her U.S. address...

Any thoughts? Thanks everyone!

#669 bridetobe22

bridetobe22
                  • 107 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hi everyone-

I hope your wedding planning is going well. I just wanted to let you know that our 'highlights' portion of our wedding video is online. Our video from Cancun Wedding Video is our favorite part of our wedding. We HIGHLY recommend using these guys. Here is the link. Enjoy!

Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Mike Cantarell

Katy

#670 dcheung1111

dcheung1111
                    • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

Katy - I love the video! They really did do a great job. Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter