Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6581 luna1923

luna1923
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

Does anyone know of where we could hire a limo transfer from the airport to the resort?  The Resort price seems very unreasonable!

Luna

#6582 rosieposie

rosieposie
    • 649 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

you definately should have the tea ceremony! maybe on your wedding day so you're both dressed in your wedding attire?

we were planning on doing all of that at the resort but our parents aren't coming due to the AHR so we're doing it all at home, but if they were coming, we would definately incorporate those traditions. don't forget to get some cushions (from the resort?) if you intend on kneeling  =)

maybe you could play some soft music during the tea ceremony in case?

Originally Posted by JHarris 

thanks for that info!! I'm looking for a great rehearsal place. Do you know if there are any restaurants at the Resort that does a great job as well? So far I'm estimating around 40 peeps.

Any brides doing any cultural stuff from their heritage? I'm half taiwanese and want to incorporate the traditional tea ceremony. I can't decide if I should do it during rehearsal dinner or have it on wedding day. With the concert going on next door, it's going to really make me upset if I hear their music during this quiet moment.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards rehearsal dinner day.

#6583 GC2008

GC2008
      • 183 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hi All,

i will be getting married at the Royal on Apr. 10 2011.  I have a few questions and hoping to get some advice:

1.  is a beach reception better at the Royal or Gran Porto?

2.  is it a pain to stay at the Royal when all of our guests are staying at the Gran Porto?  We need to stay at the Royal in order to have the wedding there but im concerned about not being able to spend time with our guests and being able to have my bridal party stay with me the night before the wedding...

3.  how expensive the the Glass Bar restaurant for a private welcome party?  any other suggestions for places to hold a welcome party?

any suggestions/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

-Cat

#6584 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jenny310 

They are both beautiful!!!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

JHarris it is a great restaurant. By the way it is also right next to Deseo http://www.hoteldeseo.com/ this is a great spot to go out with the girls for a few martinis. The atmosphere is awesome and your on this huge roof top with lounge areas. Like I said the food is really good, I hope they give you good pricing for a group. However nothing is going to be as cheap as doing it at the resort. Form all the reviews I have heard Marias is the best spot for a rehearsal dinner, especially with a group of 40.

Lisa love both of your dresses! you are going to look stunning. You got a lot done.

Thanks, Jess! I feel I accomplished a lot :-)

#6585 jesmcan

jesmcan
          • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

Luna1923 - You know now that you mention it I have never actually scene stretch limo's when we have gone to Mexico. The only private transportation we have ever used are the escalade's. Other than that it is the vans :( We use Cancun Transfers http://www.cancuntransfers.com/

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#6586 Jenny310

Jenny310
            • 245 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hi ladies,

Can someone re-post Fernando's info? I want to check out his pricing :o)

#6587 Jenny310

Jenny310
              • 245 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

thanks for that info!! I'm looking for a great rehearsal place. Do you know if there are any restaurants at the Resort that does a great job as well? So far I'm estimating around 40 peeps.

Any brides doing any cultural stuff from their heritage? I'm half taiwanese and want to incorporate the traditional tea ceremony. I can't decide if I should do it during rehearsal dinner or have it on wedding day. With the concert going on next door, it's going to really make me upset if I hear their music during this quiet moment.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards rehearsal dinner day.

I think the tea ceremony would be really nice, you should def do it. I need to find out what my wedding traditions are!

#6588 JHarris

JHarris
                • 236 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jenny310 

Hi ladies,

Can someone re-post Fernando's info? I want to check out his pricing :o)

Hi Jenny - Fernando literally emailed me today with his pricings. See below!

BRIDE TRIAL
                  HAIR AND MAKEUP $180
                  DAY OF THE EVENT $350

SERVICE FOR BRIDESMIADS AND FAMILY
                  ONLY MAKEUP $90
                  ONLY HAIR FROM $50 up to $80 

I asked him for hair and makeup. If you only need him makeup it may be less.

Janna

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#6589 JHarris

JHarris
                  • 236 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

I picked up my my wedding dress yesterday (no alterations yet) :-)....omg it is soooooo heavy! I really hope that some of the weight will be taken off after alterations (I'm only 5'3 so they will be hacking off a foot of the dress and the last bustle lol...and i totally didnt get a typical destination dress- it's BIG http://www.maggiesot...=15&style=A3402

I also went to David's Bridal and bought a TTD dress that is so light (sigh lol...but at least i won't drown in it hehe): http://www.davidsbri...eme-Destination (I'll probably sell it after)

I also bought flower girl dress,ordered my sand ceremony vases and table overlays.... Whew! Lot's done yesterday

Lisa - Gorgeous bridal dress!! I love it! It's your day - wear whatever you want!! I like your TTD one as well. It mimics your but won't weigh you down. It'll be a beautiful wedding!!

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#6590 Jenny310

Jenny310
                    • 245 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

Hi Jenny - Fernando literally emailed me today with his pricings. See below!

BRIDE TRIAL
                      HAIR AND MAKEUP $180
                      DAY OF THE EVENT $350

SERVICE FOR BRIDESMIADS AND FAMILY
                      ONLY MAKEUP $90
                      ONLY HAIR FROM $50 up to $80 

I asked him for hair and makeup. If you only need him makeup it may be less.

Janna

Hi Janna,

Can you give me his contact info. Doranna is charging:

Here my regular prices :

Bride Hair                 170USD

Bridesmaid/mom    80USD (each)

Price for group (minimum 3 bridesmaid/mom)

Bride Hair                  170 USD

Mom etc                     70 USD (each)

I don't need makeup bc my FI's aunt is goign to do it for me and I'm getting Norma to do the other girls.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter