Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6571 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
  • 712 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

I picked up my my wedding dress yesterday (no alterations yet) :-)....omg it is soooooo heavy! I really hope that some of the weight will be taken off after alterations (I'm only 5'3 so they will be hacking off a foot of the dress and the last bustle lol...and i totally didnt get a typical destination dress- it's BIG http://www.maggiesot...=15&style=A3402

I also went to David's Bridal and bought a TTD dress that is so light (sigh lol...but at least i won't drown in it hehe): http://www.davidsbri...eme-Destination (I'll probably sell it after)

I also bought flower girl dress,ordered my sand ceremony vases and table overlays.... Whew! Lot's done yesterday

#6572 JHarris

JHarris
    • 236 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

Hi Ladies one really good place that does group bookings if you are looking for a dinner or something of that nature of the resort is Di Vino Glass Bar http://www.theglassbar.com.mx

Check out their menu. FI and I have eaten here a lot and the service is amazing. It is only about two blocks away from The Royal.

thanks for that info!! I'm looking for a great rehearsal place. Do you know if there are any restaurants at the Resort that does a great job as well? So far I'm estimating around 40 peeps.

Any brides doing any cultural stuff from their heritage? I'm half taiwanese and want to incorporate the traditional tea ceremony. I can't decide if I should do it during rehearsal dinner or have it on wedding day. With the concert going on next door, it's going to really make me upset if I hear their music during this quiet moment.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards rehearsal dinner day.

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#6573 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by JHarris 

thanks for that info!! I'm looking for a great rehearsal place. Do you know if there are any restaurants at the Resort that does a great job as well? So far I'm estimating around 40 peeps.

Any brides doing any cultural stuff from their heritage? I'm half taiwanese and want to incorporate the traditional tea ceremony. I can't decide if I should do it during rehearsal dinner or have it on wedding day. With the concert going on next door, it's going to really make me upset if I hear their music during this quiet moment.

I think you should do it! That would be beautiful....i have thought about doing some of the Mexican customs like the lasso....

#6574 JHarris

JHarris
        • 236 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by RunningBride24 

Ugh I would be frustrated too!!!! I hope it all gets worked out so you get your wedding, and not 1/2 wedding 1/2 country concert!!! At least you know in advance so you have time to work it out. 

Yep, you can have the mexican trio and the soloist whenever you want. :) I'm having the mexican trio during the cocktail reception and having the soloist during the ceremony. There was never an issue with that, so you should have no problem! :) 

i know!! yay!! that is super awesome to know. my wc went on vacation for a week!!! so now I have to think about all my questions and write one massive email. LOL i finally heard from fernando!! yay!!! he was like, did you get my email? LOL...anyone that did a makeup makeover at MAC counter did you like their foundation? I went this weekend with my sister in Indiana (surprise visit for my sis) and the foundation the makeup person used was horrible!! it was so dry and super blotchy looking. I think I'd rather have Fernando use my foundation and primers. I also had to buy $50 in MAC makeup, but at least it's my makeup and no transfer of germs.

#6575 Jenny310

Jenny310
          • 245 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

I picked up my my wedding dress yesterday (no alterations yet) :-)....omg it is soooooo heavy! I really hope that some of the weight will be taken off after alterations (I'm only 5'3 so they will be hacking off a foot of the dress and the last bustle lol...and i totally didnt get a typical destination dress- it's BIG http://www.maggiesot...=15&style=A3402

I also went to David's Bridal and bought a TTD dress that is so light (sigh lol...but at least i won't drown in it hehe): http://www.davidsbri...eme-Destination (I'll probably sell it after)

I also bought flower girl dress,ordered my sand ceremony vases and table overlays.... Whew! Lot's done yesterday

They are both beautiful!!!

#6576 JoZee84

JoZee84
            • 157 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

You should def. do the tea ceremony!  I'm not doing any heritage stuff in Mexico but when we get back I'm having like a tradtional chinese reception, lots and lots of food haha.  tea ceremony sounds cool.  I would be mad if the tea ceremony was interupted with country music though. .....

Originally Posted by JHarris 

#6577 JoZee84

JoZee84
              • 157 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

If anyone else needs a copy of the rooms locations at the royal let me know I have a map of them. 

#6578 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
                • 677 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by JoZee84 

If anyone else needs a copy of the rooms locations at the royal let me know I have a map of them. 

Hey Jozee!  I live in Providence too! small world! I am getting married at the Royal in Cancun next June!......I love seeing people from my region on here!

#6579 JHarris

JHarris
                  • 236 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

Hi Ladies one really good place that does group bookings if you are looking for a dinner or something of that nature of the resort is Di Vino Glass Bar http://www.theglassbar.com.mx

Check out their menu. FI and I have eaten here a lot and the service is amazing. It is only about two blocks away from The Royal.

I just went online! This is even better than alux. Thank you!! Going to email them for a quote. =)

Thanks for the suggestions!! I am doing the tea ceremony during rehearsal dinner. I agree - I don't want to hear anything not appropriate. lol...

JoZee - are you getting a traditional dress made or buying one already made?

#6580 jesmcan

jesmcan
                    • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

JHarris it is a great restaurant. By the way it is also right next to Deseo http://www.hoteldeseo.com/ this is a great spot to go out with the girls for a few martinis. The atmosphere is awesome and your on this huge roof top with lounge areas. Like I said the food is really good, I hope they give you good pricing for a group. However nothing is going to be as cheap as doing it at the resort. Form all the reviews I have heard Marias is the best spot for a rehearsal dinner, especially with a group of 40.

Lisa love both of your dresses! you are going to look stunning. You got a lot done.

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter