ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Hi ladies I hope everyone had a good weekend, lots has been going on on here!

Bride2Be - I just emailed my WC to ask about the candles.I know they come from Cancun. I will let you know what she says :)

Lisa - wow that is just crazy about the police. We have gone to  Mexico so many times and never had any problems :( I hope this was just a one time thing.

Aveery - I am so sorry that happened! I can't believe it. I can completely see why you would be so angry. I hope it all gets resolved and you do find the perfect place for your wedding. keep us posted.

Rosie - Thanks for posting about the currency! I e-mailed my non resort WC asking her about it. Just cazy.

Nikki - Your big day is almost here! 15 days. When are you leaving?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

I'm not sure about make up and hair yet.  I am a hairdresser and am VERY picky about things like that.  I think I'm going to get a trial done on my hair as soon as I get down there before the wedding.  As for make up I think I'm just doing it myself.  I had it dont "professionally" done twice and hated it.  I know I'll be stressed as it is that day and if something isn't looking right I don't want to take it out on the make up girl,  haha. I  know people said Fernando is awesome but I think thats a LOT of money! plus the vendor fee.  Oh about florist, my WC said that as long as they don't have to set up any of the flowers you avoid the fee.  So they won't set up center pieces or flowers on the gazebo or huppas or anything like that.  I told her that was fine I'd have a guest do it for me.  Saves me some $$

LOL... I completely understand about being picky. It's your day and you want it to be perfect. I also contacted Norma from mac in cancun. She doesn't cost as much but I thought she did a great job on lady di and her wedding party. I'm considering buying some of their makeup and having them do a chart for where colors belong. I'm not into sharing makeup even if they clean their brushes.

So for the flowers - as long as the resort doesn't set it up, then no vendor fee? Just want to make sure I understand it. That would be awesome.

For hair I'm doing a trial run at their spa salon next spring to see if I like it. Trying to use as much as I can in my package since I've already paid for it. huh.gif

Originally Posted by JYD1 View Post

LOL... I completely understand about being picky. It's your day and you want it to be perfect. I also contacted Norma from mac in cancun. She doesn't cost as much but I thought she did a great job on lady di and her wedding party. I'm considering buying some of their makeup and having them do a chart for where colors belong. I'm not into sharing makeup even if they clean their brushes.

So for the flowers - as long as the resort doesn't set it up, then no vendor fee? Just want to make sure I understand it. That would be awesome.

For hair I'm doing a trial run at their spa salon next spring to see if I like it. Trying to use as much as I can in my package since I've already paid for it. huh.gif

True, I hear you about using everything offered with your package.  The more I looked into my package I decided to go Ala Carte and do the "free" wedding package cause we booked a master suite for more than 5 nights.  I asked her about the florist and this is what she said:

1.-Can I use an outside Florist with out the vendor fee?  If I have one of my guest go and pick up the flowers and bring them to the resort will I be charged?    If the Flower Shop is external and comes to decorate your event, there will be a charge of an outside vendor fee of $ 350 dollars. But if one of your guests will go for the flowers, and you or your guest, decorate the Gazebo  there is no problem, there will be no charge .   I can't wait to see pics of your trail hair do's!

Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

True, I hear you about using everything offered with your package.  The more I looked into my package I decided to go Ala Carte and do the "free" wedding package cause we booked a master suite for more than 5 nights.  I asked her about the florist and this is what she said:

1.-Can I use an outside Florist with out the vendor fee?  If I have one of my guest go and pick up the flowers and bring them to the resort will I be charged?    If the Flower Shop is external and comes to decorate your event, there will be a charge of an outside vendor fee of $ 350 dollars. But if one of your guests will go for the flowers, and you or your guest, decorate the Gazebo  there is no problem, there will be no charge .   I can't wait to see pics of your trail hair do's!

Perfect!! Thanks for the info. Glad to know there are ways around that ugly fee! Absolutely!! I plan on going to my hometown salon, take tons of pics and then show them there. At least it'll ensure what I want and there's no misunderstandings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

WHAT?!?!?!?!? no way! where did you see that?

A TA At the recent Vancouver BDW meet up posted it on the thread! Ive googled it but cannot find anything concrete and was hoping someone here has heard something....some people on cruise critic were saying that it's only for non tourist areas. And some are saying that it's for purchases over $100. Most are saying it's not strictly enforced....so if anyone has any details that would be excellent!

Hi Ladies, It's taken a while, but I think I've caught up! I had previously decided NOT to go with Marvin (as nice as he was) because my WC told me I would have to pay a vendor's fee even if someone met them to pick up the flowers. I hate always getting different responses. I think I will email him again and go ahead with the flowers. It sure does save money! We finally got our contract straight and put down our down payment. We are officially going with Victor Herrera for our pics. We both love his work. I also made my down payment to Doranna for my hair. I can't believe we are less than 3 months out. For you ladies who are just starting your planning, enjoy it! It really does go by quickly. We got all of our guests rebooked from Mexicana except for four. Unfortunately, those four paid on their bankcards and are waiting for their refunds before they rebook. I hope everyone's planning is going well! Runningbride, your date is coming up soon!

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

Yay, Fernandofinally confirmed with me last night :-) Cheers to relaxing in the room....now, do they charge for him coming to do my makeup (just me)?

That's awesome!! YAY!!! I've heard alot of brides say they didn't pay a vendor fee for him if he stayed less than 3 hrs. You may want to check with your WC. As you know, we all get different asnwers. LOL... msnwink.gif