Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6211 ReidCapote

ReidCapote
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

Does anyone know who the DJ that the resort contracts with is?  I've asked my WC who the DJ will be, but she hasn't gotten back to me on this question. Have you girls heard anything (good or bad) about the DJ that the resort uses? Thanks!

#6212 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

I can't even explain how wonderful it was to have someone to be able to vent to.

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#6213 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ReidCapote 

Does anyone know who the DJ that the resort contracts with is?  I've asked my WC who the DJ will be, but she hasn't gotten back to me on this question. Have you girls heard anything (good or bad) about the DJ that the resort uses? Thanks!

Ivan (doremixx) is their in-house DJ :-)

#6214 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by sorord1 

Where did you order you shot glasses and bags from? They look nice!

Thanks! I got the shot glasses and mugs from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350332035627&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and the medium welcome bags here: http://myweddingrece...d_gift_bags.asp

#6215 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
          • 539 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hey ladies! Kind of off the subject but I have a question about reception decorations. I'm bringing my own since the Royal's are so d*mn expensive. For those of you who have been there what kind of stuff did they have on 5th street? Any vases? Just plain, square ones? Were they expensive? (do I have to convert my money?) What about seashells? I know I can't bring those with but was hoping I could buy some down there.

Thanks in advance! :)

BTW - Jess, SOOOOOO happy to hear that your story had a happy ending!!! That makes ME happy!

~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#6216 risa1818

risa1818
            • 116 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

Just wondering for you ladies who are having bridesmaids what you are doing for flowers for them? I obviously don't want to go through the resort for that, but I'm not sure if I can go on 5th Ave and find a flower shop and maybe pick out some different flowers and at least make little bouquets for them? My mom is really good at that kind of stuff, so she offered to help me put them together the night before.

Anyone who has been down there know if there is any places where I can buy flowers like that?

Thanks!

The Manchebo Beach Resort, Aruba - June 11, 2011

#6217 JoZee84

JoZee84
              • 157 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

I couldn't really see it being dead either, but you never know.  Also, what photographers are you ladies using, I was going to use Moments that matter photography but they just got back to me and said they are now using one photographer and one assistant.  It use to be Lincoln and Lori and now its a local whose work I've never seen.  Makes me nervous!!

Originally Posted by Natalie79 

I went for my site visit on a Fri - Sun, so it was busy!  But I can't see it ever being dead with all the resorts & activities in the area.

#6218 JoZee84

JoZee84
                • 157 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

Someone had mentioned a while back that Maya Diseno was good and reasonable. I checked their web site some of it is under construction right now, but you can still see some stuff.  I googled it and it came up.  Its in Cancun. I was thinking of using them als,  but even if I have someone go pick everything up is the resort going to charge a vendor fee just for not using them?

Originally Posted by risa1818 

Just wondering for you ladies who are having bridesmaids what you are doing for flowers for them? I obviously don't want to go through the resort for that, but I'm not sure if I can go on 5th Ave and find a flower shop and maybe pick out some different flowers and at least make little bouquets for them? My mom is really good at that kind of stuff, so she offered to help me put them together the night before.

Anyone who has been down there know if there is any places where I can buy flowers like that?

Thanks!

#6219 JoZee84

JoZee84
                  • 157 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:43 PM

Is anyone using Moments that matter photography? I really wanted them to do my photos, but recently found out that they won't be using two photographers ( Lincol and Lori ) the day of the wedding, it will be one of them and one local assistant.  Any suggestions?

#6220 ReidCapote

ReidCapote
                    • 32 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:30 PM

Yay! I'm so glad to hear this. I've heard great reviews about him!

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Ivan (doremixx) is their in-house DJ :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter