Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5711 Juliet1

Juliet1
  • Newbie
  • 34 posts

    Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

    My travel agent has been acting as the go-between between me and the corporate wedding planner - so I actually haven't talked to anyone at the corporate office myself. They will hand off the planning to me and the onsite coordinator 30 days before the wedding. Has anyone else done it this way? Did it work out ok?

    I just had my first dress fitting 2 days ago - I cried when I put on the dress! Which is funny since I didn't cry when I initially found it!

    #5712 rosieposie

    rosieposie
    • Member
    • 649 posts

      Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Juliet1
      My travel agent has been acting as the go-between between me and the corporate wedding planner - so I actually haven't talked to anyone at the corporate office myself. They will hand off the planning to me and the onsite coordinator 30 days before the wedding. Has anyone else done it this way? Did it work out ok?

      I just had my first dress fitting 2 days ago - I cried when I put on the dress! Which is funny since I didn't cry when I initially found it!
      my TA was the go between person at first to book the time, date and locations. Then I started dealing with the WC directly for the little details and was told i would be given to an onsite WC 30 days prior.

      it's a good sign that you love it enough to cry. i didn't cry when i found my dress either, but sure didn't want to take it off!

      #5713 Juliet1

      Juliet1
      • Newbie
      • 34 posts

        Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by rosieposie
        my TA was the go between person at first to book the time, date and locations. Then I started dealing with the WC directly for the little details and was told i would be given to an onsite WC 30 days prior.

        it's a good sign that you love it enough to cry. i didn't cry when i found my dress either, but sure didn't want to take it off!
        Thanks! Good to know that someone else worked with a TA - although mine insists on continuing to help with the little details. Not sure if that is just her trying to provide good customer service, but I feel like I'm not in total control (that might just be one of my issues...)

        #5714 Meghan18

        Meghan18
        • Newbie
        • 10 posts

          Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

          Hello All!!! I am getting married at the Gran on Jan. 15th (exactly 6 months away!) We starting planning really early and have been taking a break - and now its time to jump back in! I was wondering if anyone has used the resort photographers/is going to use them (sorry if this has already been discussed - so hard to get through all these helpful posts!)?? I've seen a lot about bringing in an outside vendor, which I've looked into a little, but budgetwise it would be nice to just go with the resort photog.....but I love everyone's amazing pics. Decisions, decisions! Has anyone heard abt the quality of their work? Thanks!

          #5715 PaperBagPrincess

          PaperBagPrincess
          • Jr. Member
          • 320 posts

            Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

            Hey ladies, so as you may remember from a few pages back my date and time were given away while I waited for them to tell me how to make a deposit... I am now being told the Central Garden is available. Is this new? I don't recall seeing any pictures for this for the wedding, only the reception?
            We are still debating what to do... Any advice/your thoughts would be wonderful.

            oh also, does anyone know if the fridge in the room has a little freezer?
            Thanks!

            #5716 jesmcan

            jesmcan
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,091 posts

              Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PaperBagPrincess
              Hey ladies, so as you may remember from a few pages back my date and time were given away while I waited for them to tell me how to make a deposit... I am now being told the Central Garden is available. Is this new? I don't recall seeing any pictures for this for the wedding, only the reception?
              We are still debating what to do... Any advice/your thoughts would be wonderful.

              oh also, does anyone know if the fridge in the room has a little freezer?
              Thanks!
              Here is an image from Lady_Di's wedding, she had it in the central garden

              Click the image to open in full size.

              And here are a few from our site visit

              Click the image to open in full size.

              Click the image to open in full size.

              As you mentioned I have only seen receptions in this area. The reason being I think because its right in the middle of the resort. In order to get to the beach, pool, lobby, restaurants all guests walk by the central garden.

              I don't see why it would not be a nice location though. It is very open, you could do a huppa set up. I would recommend to do it later in the evening when not as many people will be walking around. The sun stays out for a while in May so you could do a ceremony at at around 5 when everyone is at dinner or getting ready for dinner.

              You could have everything face the ocean rather the lobby. I think it would look beautiful and could definitely work.
              The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

              #5717 jesmcan

              jesmcan
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,091 posts

                Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Meghan18
                Hello All!!! I am getting married at the Gran on Jan. 15th (exactly 6 months away!) We starting planning really early and have been taking a break - and now its time to jump back in! I was wondering if anyone has used the resort photographers/is going to use them (sorry if this has already been discussed - so hard to get through all these helpful posts!)?? I've seen a lot about bringing in an outside vendor, which I've looked into a little, but budgetwise it would be nice to just go with the resort photog.....but I love everyone's amazing pics. Decisions, decisions! Has anyone heard abt the quality of their work? Thanks!
                Hi Megan here is a link of the resort photographers ::: Funever Photos :::

                I do not know of anyone who has used them but you can see their portfolio on their site.
                The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                #5718 RunningBride24

                RunningBride24
                • Member
                • 539 posts

                  Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:03 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jesmcan
                  Hi Megan here is a link of the resort photographers ::: Funever Photos :::

                  I do not know of anyone who has used them but you can see their portfolio on their site.

                  Shout-out to Jess!! You're such a HUGE help! If any of you are on facebook check out Jess' page on destinations weddings, it's wonderful! :)

                  So tonight we FINALLY booked all of our flights!!! We're going to St. Lucia right after the wedding, so I was nervous about booking all those flight segments but let me tell you, my stress levels dropped majorly after finally getting that big check off my list! :)
                  ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

                  #5719 RunningBride24

                  RunningBride24
                  • Member
                  • 539 posts

                    Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                    It is a bit confusing. FI thought maybe it was just necessary if you have been married before
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                    If you guys never been married then you don't need Apostille. A passport and tourist visa will do it.

                    Thanks girls, I was really confused about this. Neither of us have been married before so hopefully I don't need it. Am I missing something, what is a tourist visa? That's probably a really dumb question, especially since I'm just 2 1/2 months out. Do we have to bring birth certificates or anything like this? Thanks again Lisa and Lady Di! :) Lady Di I can't get over your siggy pic, it's AMAZING!
                    ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

                    #5720 FutureMrsYak

                    FutureMrsYak
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 372 posts

                      Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:36 AM

                      If I'm correct the tourist visa is something you get when you get into Mexico, you need to hang on to it with your passport.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter