ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Thanks for the "No rain" wishes ladies! Keep it up- its working! The 60% chance went down to 30%! I'm crossing my fingers!
See, it's working already! ;-)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as the sand ceremony, I heard that you could have one with a legal wedding, but that you could not mention anything to do with religion.

Steph- I still have not heard ONE WORD from my on-site coordinator so I wouldn't know about picking flowers, but Aja had told me that calla lilies are out of season after april and that I could not have them. You can get lillies however.

We leave in a week and two days and I feel like I have so much to do, but at the same time I'm bored. Does this make sense?

When I hadn't heard from Angie in 3 weeks, Jill called her for me and Angie replied with all these emails and attachments I hadn't seen before...some of them included flowers and seasonal info...maybe this will help....

Choosing Flowers for my wedding.pdf

Luxury Bouquets .pdf

Standard Bouquets .pdf

CORSAGES .pdf

Luxury BOUTONNIERS .pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
Awesome, thanks

That's good to hear, especially in May. :-)

Lady_Di,
You looked amazing and everything looked perfect. Your dress if FAB! I might have to make a roadtrip to Houston and check out that store you went to!
I got my wedding dress from the rack at a consignment store so i got a good deal on it! It's a White One brand so I was pretty excited! I am going to sell it once I get it back from the cleaners next month. Anyone interested, PM me. It will fit a size 8 or 10 depending on the measurements. I had the top altered but left the hip area alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreit View Post
Sorry I haven't been on here much since my wedding, it has been hectic getting everything in order. I will tell you about my aisle runner though since it was my favorite thing.

I ordered it online without my fiance knowing, and hauled it to Mexico in a huge box with all the gift bags. He still didn't know. Well after a bunch of hassle getting it through customs (they wanted to charge me tax on my big box of stuff they thought i wanted to sell)...I finally got to the resort with it. It was a heavy weight runner, much heavier than one Lilia showed me that someone wanted to use. This one was on a roll and more of a thick net almost, not like a lacy fabric or anything. Lili went to put it out for me, and the wind blew it everywhere. They tried candles holding it down, tried pinning it to the red carpet, they tried everything. They ended up having to roll it up and only let the runner go to the bottom of the steps (i got married in the gazebo). Any further and the wind kept catching it. It turned out really neat for my pictures though because the monogram was in all my pictures then, but it was a huge pain for them to get to stay down. So I guess my advice is....if you really want it, make sure it's as heavy of a material as you can get, and be aware that on a super windy day there will be nothing that will hold it down. I will try to include a few pictures to show you what I mean. I'm not very good with shutterfly, but here is a link to a shared account I created with a few pictures in it of the aisle runner and us. :) Hope this helps.

http://justinashleywedding.shutterfly.com/
Beautiful pictures!!!

Quote:

New question...

Those who did TTD pictures, what locations did you go to?
Just go on 5th ave...there are PLENTY of colorful locations to take pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msglave View Post
Lady Di, Congrats and welcome back! Beautiful pics! looking forward to reading your review. I'm a little disappointed by the Michigan office closing. My wedding coordinator (Julie) has been awesome! I'm hoping I'll get as much of a prompt response!
I talked with Julie yesterday and she told me she wasn't going to Mexico because of her daughter...boo, it sucks that good ones are out of the jobs. Um, is Angie going to keep her job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post
CONGRATS and welcome back amiga. Was a pleasure to meet you!

Mucho saludos ---photos coming soon :)
mateo
It was surreal meeting you and Sol! Thanks a million for taking us on an adventure. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Quote:
I am so sad right now.... 10 day forcast calls for 60% chance of Thunderstorms on my wedding day... I want to cry.

Also, Any opinions on this? Zulma told me she needed 1 week notice on my flower choice in case they needed to be imported, but when I responded with questions in order to help make my decision- she has been MIA again and now its too late to get anything imported.... Do they have to import roses, cali lillies or gerber daisies??
Dont look on weather.com!! It always said 60, 50, 40, or 30 so i just hoped it won't rain. It didn't! Have faith. Roses and gerber daisies are always in season but cali lilies are not. I think they aren't in season after april.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
I'm also having a legal ceremony and want to do a sand ceremony. Lady_Di might have had one...we'll defer to her....
Sorry, no go here. We didn't have a sand ceremony! I think it was mentioned that it was ok to have one. Don't quote me on this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post
So has anyone used a BDW travel agent? We were not going to use a travel agent and just have our guests book through our WC, but now that the Michigan office is closed and we have no clue what's going on we're thinking a travel agent might be a good idea.

Any suggestions?
I def can vouch for a BDW TA! We used TA Jennifer. She was wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by duprk452 View Post
As far as the sand ceremony, I heard that you could have one with a legal wedding, but that you could not mention anything to do with religion.

Steph- I still have not heard ONE WORD from my on-site coordinator so I wouldn't know about picking flowers, but Aja had told me that calla lilies are out of season after april and that I could not have them. You can get lillies however.

We leave in a week and two days and I feel like I have so much to do, but at the same time I'm bored. Does this make sense?
Any chance if your onsite coordinator is Lili? If so, don't worry...she will take care of everything!

girls, it's almost that time for me :) we leave on tuesday!!!! we are soooo excited, but i still feel like i have tons to get done before we leave! i am hoping it won't rain on our day. i don't get on here too much anymore since i am super busy with work and these DIY projects, but i will definitely try to get a review done when i get back..those reviews from previous brides helped me soo much! THANK YOU! :)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlyn8984 View Post
girls, it's almost that time for me :) we leave on tuesday!!!! we are soooo excited, but i still feel like i have tons to get done before we leave! i am hoping it won't rain on our day. i don't get on here too much anymore since i am super busy with work and these DIY projects, but i will definitely try to get a review done when i get back..those reviews from previous brides helped me soo much! THANK YOU! :)))
congratulations!!!! i'm sure your wedding will be beautiful!
looking forward to hearing how thing went when you're back and caught up =)

I picked up my dress Saturday- made it so real! We leave Wednesday morning at like 5am!

My experienced playa girls.... I know you can buy cigars there but does anyone know how much we can expect to spend on some cheap cigars for the reception?

Also, girls that have used petals... don't they blow away? I really really really want petals but I can't see spending $20 a bag on petals only for them to blow away....

Quote:
I picked up my dress Saturday- made it so real! We leave Wednesday morning at like 5am!

My experienced playa girls.... I know you can buy cigars there but does anyone know how much we can expect to spend on some cheap cigars for the reception?

Also, girls that have used petals... don't they blow away? I really really really want petals but I can't see spending $20 a bag on petals only for them to blow away....
we used petals and they didnt blow away..