Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4961 dianep

dianep
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by duprk452
    Ok... now I'm having second thoughts about my cake. I REALLY wanted Tres Leches cake, but didn't order it being that we were mid June and I figured the poor thing wouldn't stand a chance. Now that all of you are saying that it could work, I want it. I already sent in my final paperwork and spent 180$ on a "couture" cake! Think they would refund the money if I decided to do a standard Tres Leches? Yeah, i don't think they would.

The brides who just returned.. any advice as to where to take pictures? We are bringing a photog from home and she isn't familiar with the place so any suggestions would be welcome. We don't want to travel too far from the resort.
    i was originally swayed by angie in NOT going with the tres leches cake. she basically made it sound like it would end up as a big pile of mush. denys, by onsite WC, said it would be no problem, just not to let it sit out for too long. i was so excited! i was totally into the tres leches option.

we had absolutely no issues with melting whatsoever! they brought the cake out after dinner and it sat for about 45 minutes before we got to it. we did our little cake cutting deal, then they sliced and served it. it was still cool when it was served.

if you think you want the tres leches and the only thing holding you back is worries of melting, be reassured that you'll be absolutely fine!
    http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
    and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4962 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
    • 5,078 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

yes, one more day until we leave tomorrow! SO EXCITED!

Lexibride, love the pictures. you were beautiful. Now with all of amazing reviews, I feel so calm - not stressed out. THANK YOU GUYS!!!

#4963 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
      • 539 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dianep
        i was originally swayed by angie in NOT going with the tres leches cake. she basically made it sound like it would end up as a big pile of mush. denys, by onsite WC, said it would be no problem, just not to let it sit out for too long. i was so excited! i was totally into the tres leches option.

we had absolutely no issues with melting whatsoever! they brought the cake out after dinner and it sat for about 45 minutes before we got to it. we did our little cake cutting deal, then they sliced and served it. it was still cool when it was served.

if you think you want the tres leches and the only thing holding you back is worries of melting, be reassured that you'll be absolutely fine!
        Okay, probably a dumb question.......what is tres leches :P
        ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#4964 dianep

dianep
        • 532 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RunningBride24
          Okay, probably a dumb question.......what is tres leches :P
          not a dumb question at all. in a word? deliciousness. and that's coming from a chocolate lover when there is no chocolate in this cake at all! it is soooo good.

Pastel de Tres Leches- Basic Tres Leches Cake Recipe

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4965 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
          • 539 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
            not a dumb question at all. in a word? deliciousness. and that's coming from a chocolate lover when there is no chocolate in this cake at all! it is soooo good.

Pastel de Tres Leches- Basic Tres Leches Cake Recipe

Thanks for that! Wow, now I'm hungry! I definitely know what cake I want!!!! :)
            ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#4966 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
            • 712 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by RunningBride24
              So........I just went to open my 'Wedding Stuff' folder on my desktop only to realize that it's GONE. G-O-N-E. I can't find it anywhere on the computer, and go figure, I hadn't backed it up. This is 6+ months of every photo/link/idea/website/contract/email EVERYTHING I HAD in there. Fiance claims he didn't "accidentally" delete it but for some reason I think differently. UGH!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the random vent, I just had to get it off my chest!
              Hi chica,

Did you save the folders anywhere else other than desktop? What o/s are you using? Have you checked recycle bin? If you saved anything on say MS word, check for shadow copies . Last but not least, you might want to try a 3rd party application called Recuva (it's a file recovery system). Hope that helps!

EDIT.....just read that you have a mac so some of my suggestion probably not an option. (sorry I work at MS and just assumed lol)

I think apple has some online forums from which you can get free support; i would go that route and only do a geek squad time service as a last resort because they are seriously overpriced.

#4967 dianep

dianep
              • 532 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                Hi chica,

Did you save the folders anywhere else other than desktop? What o/s are you using? Have you checked recycle bin? If you saved anything on say MS word, check for shadow copies . Last but not least, you might want to try a 3rd party application called Recuva (it's a file recovery system). Hope that helps!

EDIT.....just read that you have a mac so some of my suggestion probably not an option. (sorry I work at MS and just assumed lol)

I think apple has some online forums from which you can get free support; i would go that route and only do a geek squad time service as a last resort because they are seriously overpriced.
                how new is your mac? are you still under warrantee? even if not, i think you can still take it to a genius bar at an apple store for assistance...

#4968 lizzy123

lizzy123
                • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lexibride
                  I'm back!!!! We had a wonderful wedding and a great day too! Yay for no rain on the 15th! Sorry to anyone else who did have rain - we saw many brides who got rained out boo! I finally got on here - I've had to catch up at work before I could do anything remotely fun. Our wedding was great - some bumps in the road but I'll do a review hopefully later on tonight (American Idol finale is tonight, so we'll see how far I get).

Here's a montage that my photographer made so you guys can get a sneak peak at our welcome dinner (at Alux), wedding and trash the dress.

animoto - Jessica & Brian's Wedding
                  The pictures are beautiful and you looked stunning Congrats!!!!

#4969 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                  • 3,347 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:43 PM

Quote:
                    we ended up doing the tres leches cake and it was delicious! i would recommend it!

for our entree (we had the classic package) we had the beef tournedo and the whatever-they-call-it-snapper. my beef was so-so but the guests said theirs was tender and delicious. a couple of the guests raved about the snapper. the chocolate shell was interesting and tasty, i would go with that one for dessert.

you don't need towels from home at all. the ones at the royal are a good size and are plentiful (except for the one time when they were out of them for about 20 minutes, but it was no big deal).
                    What does the tres leches cake taste like? I know its like 3 milks or something, but what does it taste like?

I'm confused how it seems like everyone is getting to pick more than one entree for their wedding but Zulma told me I can only choose one for everybody.
                    They definitely have parasols! Pink and Turqouis for sure. I actually have one that is for sale so you can get an idea of the look. They do say Playa Del Carmen on them which is perfect! It is listed under Parasol...
                    Our cake was 2 tiers - one chocolate with raspberries and the other chocolate with coconut and take it from me (I'm a cake decorator), the cake tasted fantastic, so if you want Tres Leche cake, I'm sure they'll do it for you. I was one of the brides that didn't have anything filled out prior nor had my balance paid and was super stressed about it, but as soon as you get there, they'll work with you.

As for pics - iI brought my own photographer and we were in the same situation - plus we wanted to get right to partying, so we took pics at the hotel. The backgrounds of the ocean and even the hotel itself was really beautiful in my opinion. You can see a quick montage in my previous post.

Was the chocolate with rasberries actually chunks of fruit or flavoring? Did you like it?

SO another question, I heard today that you now have to be a high room catagory to eat at chefs plate... wtf?! This wasn't the case when I made my reservation! Are they going to honor that?!
                    ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#4970 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                    • 712 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

For you ladies who had the luxury package? Did they really give you a room upgrade as stated (as part of the package)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter