ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Ladies, does anyone know if The Royal will offer a projector screen? MY SIL wants to put together a slideshow of us.
I know there was a screen in the ballroom...so maybe you could get access to one and that means they must have a projector.

Jen and Diane - I never had a US WC - I always had Lili as a coordinator. I don't know how that happened really, but she's been mine all along and she was GREAT in the beginning - it's only in the last month that she hasn't returned ANY emails. In fact after I emailed the US planners, they contacted Lili and then she returned one of my emails and as dumb as it sounds, it was in all caps, like she was yelling at me! I have been emailing her for a year and she never did that. She acted like I was wrong for being nervous that I never got an invoice or any appt times or even a menu!!!

Lexi bride, I have Lili as my onsite wedding coordinator. She emailed me to set up a meeting. She seemed really nice. I would trust that she will do her job when you arrive to meet her. Remember some of girls here didn't have anything planned (jenconrad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
dear date twin :)

one thing that keeps me sane is knowing that there have been brides that have shown up to the resorts with nearly nothing planned. and if THEY can end up with a gorgeous wedding, i most certainly can too!

i'm at the gran porto at 6:00 - what time is your ceremony?
I couldn't agree with you more! I'm at the royal gazebo at 2pm but the reception is at 5pm on the beach. Where is your reception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post
Dear date triplets rockon.gif

I am so beyond stressed cause Lili hasn't gotten back to me, I don't know if I even have hair appts scheduled and if so, what time, I know nothing about my reception - how much it's going to cost and never got a final bill.

I totally have to take faith that it will all come together......
You should definitely have all of that scheduled by now. Don't panic though. If she hasn't gotten back to you, I would just call the resort and speak to someone at the wedding department. Just say that you know they are busy but you are there soon and you wanted to make sure that your appointments are at least scheduled. Zulma scheduled EVERYTHING for me and never told me about any of it. Then I sent a panic email saying that all of the times are going to be reserved and she sent a reply back stating that everything was all good and I have nothing to worry about. Did you turn in your checklist? If so, did it include those times? If it did I am willing to bet they are reserved. I would still call and check.

Quote:
Dear date triplets rockon.gif

I am so beyond stressed cause Lili hasn't gotten back to me, I don't know if I even have hair appts scheduled and if so, what time, I know nothing about my reception - how much it's going to cost and never got a final bill.

I totally have to take faith that it will all come together......
Oh right and about the bill, I still have yet to pay the total fee. I paid for the package and a few other things but there are definitely still things I owe for. They said they would put it on the room charge when I get there. So just make sure you keep good notes and know what you should and should not be charged for!

Quote:
Jen and Diane - I never had a US WC - I always had Lili as a coordinator. I don't know how that happened really, but she's been mine all along and she was GREAT in the beginning - it's only in the last month that she hasn't returned ANY emails. In fact after I emailed the US planners, they contacted Lili and then she returned one of my emails and as dumb as it sounds, it was in all caps, like she was yelling at me! I have been emailing her for a year and she never did that. She acted like I was wrong for being nervous that I never got an invoice or any appt times or even a menu!!!
What don't you have exactly besides the bill that I can help you with? I can send you anything you need and then you just submit them to Lili. She will take care of it. And if she doesn't you have the email to prove that you asked her to. Let me know if I can help in some way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe1515 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more! I'm at the royal gazebo at 2pm but the reception is at 5pm on the beach. Where is your reception?
my reception is at 7:30 (7:15, maybe?) on the beach - playa norte at the gran porto.