Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4571 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

Ladies, does anyone know if The Royal will offer a projector screen? MY SIL wants to put together a slideshow of us.

#4572 jenconrad

jenconrad
    • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lady_Di
      Ladies, does anyone know if The Royal will offer a projector screen? MY SIL wants to put together a slideshow of us.
      I know there was a screen in the ballroom...so maybe you could get access to one and that means they must have a projector.
      38 Guests booked!

#4573 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
      • 539 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

Hey girls! I am going to sign a contract for my photographer this week, Ivan Luckie, does anyone know anything about him? I've heard good things but hoping one of you knew about his work. Thanks so much!
        ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#4574 lexibride

lexibride
        • 276 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:24 AM

Jen and Diane - I never had a US WC - I always had Lili as a coordinator. I don't know how that happened really, but she's been mine all along and she was GREAT in the beginning - it's only in the last month that she hasn't returned ANY emails. In fact after I emailed the US planners, they contacted Lili and then she returned one of my emails and as dumb as it sounds, it was in all caps, like she was yelling at me! I have been emailing her for a year and she never did that. She acted like I was wrong for being nervous that I never got an invoice or any appt times or even a menu!!!

#4575 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
          • 5,078 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Lexi bride, I have Lili as my onsite wedding coordinator. She emailed me to set up a meeting. She seemed really nice. I would trust that she will do her job when you arrive to meet her. Remember some of girls here didn't have anything planned (jenconrad)

#4576 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
            • 233 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dianep
              dear date twin :)

one thing that keeps me sane is knowing that there have been brides that have shown up to the resorts with nearly nothing planned. and if THEY can end up with a gorgeous wedding, i most certainly can too!

i'm at the gran porto at 6:00 - what time is your ceremony?
              I couldn't agree with you more! I'm at the royal gazebo at 2pm but the reception is at 5pm on the beach. Where is your reception?

#4577 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
              • 233 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:39 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lexibride
                Dear date triplets

I am so beyond stressed cause Lili hasn't gotten back to me, I don't know if I even have hair appts scheduled and if so, what time, I know nothing about my reception - how much it's going to cost and never got a final bill.

I totally have to take faith that it will all come together......
                You should definitely have all of that scheduled by now. Don't panic though. If she hasn't gotten back to you, I would just call the resort and speak to someone at the wedding department. Just say that you know they are busy but you are there soon and you wanted to make sure that your appointments are at least scheduled. Zulma scheduled EVERYTHING for me and never told me about any of it. Then I sent a panic email saying that all of the times are going to be reserved and she sent a reply back stating that everything was all good and I have nothing to worry about. Did you turn in your checklist? If so, did it include those times? If it did I am willing to bet they are reserved. I would still call and check.

#4578 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
                • 233 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:41 AM

Quote:
                  Dear date triplets

I am so beyond stressed cause Lili hasn't gotten back to me, I don't know if I even have hair appts scheduled and if so, what time, I know nothing about my reception - how much it's going to cost and never got a final bill.

I totally have to take faith that it will all come together......
                  Oh right and about the bill, I still have yet to pay the total fee. I paid for the package and a few other things but there are definitely still things I owe for. They said they would put it on the room charge when I get there. So just make sure you keep good notes and know what you should and should not be charged for!

#4579 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
                  • 233 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

Quote:
                    Jen and Diane - I never had a US WC - I always had Lili as a coordinator. I don't know how that happened really, but she's been mine all along and she was GREAT in the beginning - it's only in the last month that she hasn't returned ANY emails. In fact after I emailed the US planners, they contacted Lili and then she returned one of my emails and as dumb as it sounds, it was in all caps, like she was yelling at me! I have been emailing her for a year and she never did that. She acted like I was wrong for being nervous that I never got an invoice or any appt times or even a menu!!!
                    What don't you have exactly besides the bill that I can help you with? I can send you anything you need and then you just submit them to Lili. She will take care of it. And if she doesn't you have the email to prove that you asked her to. Let me know if I can help in some way!

#4580 dianep

dianep
                    • 532 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                      I couldn't agree with you more! I'm at the royal gazebo at 2pm but the reception is at 5pm on the beach. Where is your reception?
                      my reception is at 7:30 (7:15, maybe?) on the beach - playa norte at the gran porto.
                      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter