Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4561 lexibride

lexibride
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

Dear date triplets

I am so beyond stressed cause Lili hasn't gotten back to me, I don't know if I even have hair appts scheduled and if so, what time, I know nothing about my reception - how much it's going to cost and never got a final bill.

I totally have to take faith that it will all come together......

#4562 Shirley_Ken

Shirley_Ken
    • 30 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hello,

A little off topic, but I was online shopping today and I was wondering what you girls were donig for the cake serving. Does the RDC provide that knife and server? Or are you ladies buying your own and bringing it with you?

Thanks!

#4563 jenconrad

jenconrad
      • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lexibride
        Dear date triplets

I am so beyond stressed cause Lili hasn't gotten back to me, I don't know if I even have hair appts scheduled and if so, what time, I know nothing about my reception - how much it's going to cost and never got a final bill.

I totally have to take faith that it will all come together......
        Do you have an appt sched to meet with her? If not or even if you do, go immediatly to the romance concierges anna and veronique when you get there. left from the lobby. I hadnt heard from my coordinator either (other than a meeting time), she never returned any of my emails. Go with a list of when you want your appts. Thats what I did and veronique booked them for me in about 5 minutes :). As for your bill...thats very odd you didnt settle up with the US wc, but I am sure they will take care of you down there. Tell the romance concierges as soon as you get there :).

Hope you have an awesome time :)

Jen
        38 Guests booked!

#4564 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Jenconrad,

What did you do about your resort bracelet? Did they give you a hard time about taking it off and getting a new one?

#4565 jenconrad

jenconrad
          • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Shirley_Ken
            Hello,

A little off topic, but I was online shopping today and I was wondering what you girls were donig for the cake serving. Does the RDC provide that knife and server? Or are you ladies buying your own and bringing it with you?

Thanks!
            They had a plain knife and server with the cake. It did the trick!
            38 Guests booked!

#4566 jenconrad

jenconrad
            • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
              Jenconrad,

What did you do about your resort bracelet? Did they give you a hard time about taking it off and getting a new one?
              we cut them all off and put them in a pile. hahaha (remembering..). its no issue. after the wedding you just go to the desk with your old one and they give you a new one. wedding party included :)
              38 Guests booked!

#4567 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jenconrad
                we cut them all off and put them in a pile. hahaha (remembering..). its no issue. after the wedding you just go to the desk with your old one and they give you a new one. wedding party included :)
                Awesome, thanks!

#4568 jenconrad

jenconrad
                • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                  Wow Matt...fantastic advice! thank you! I didn't even think about set up, how sad is that! I wonder what else I am forgetting to think about!

It's 5 days before I leave and I've managed to squeeze in 2 more people to the wedding party. They booked their flights/hotel. That is not what I needed only 5 days before I leave, but it all worked out!

To all you ladies out there planning for 2011...be prepared it FLIES by!!! I was amazed at how fast it all came. My best advice is to try your hardest to stay calm. I know there are going to be things that frustrate you and you can't get answers for (welcome to the 2010 nightmare), but don't panic. You have time to sort those out. I feel like I am going into the Royal completely blind. There are things that I have no idea about, but I figure once I get there I will just know. It is hard to imagine something you have never seen before.

I promise to post lots of pictures and a very detailed review. One thing I kind of wish someone posted on here with their review, but I never saw was exactly what the wedding coordinator gives you options on. When I sit in front of Zulma and make all those difficult decisions I will keep a notebook handy so that I can make a list. Maybe that will help ease the planning stages a bit. If there is anything else you want to know tell me now or forever hold your peace..ha!
                  The wc goes through the checklist and your choices, then your package and its inclusions, reception set up, ceremony set up, music choices and if you have your own, when she is going to come by your room and there is seriously no rehearsal...you tell her how you want your bridal party to walk up and back and thats about it. haha and it all works so nicely somehow....:)
                  38 Guests booked!

#4569 dianep

dianep
                  • 532 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lexibride
                    Dear date triplets
                    Hello,

Thanks!
                    Quote:
                    They had a plain knife and server with the cake. It did the trick!
                    oh good, i was just assuming all along that they would have something. so thanks for the reassurance that they do!

Quote:
                    bummer we have to wear them at all, but at least they make it easy on us for taking them off!
                    http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                    and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4570 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
                    • 539 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LynnieS
                      Yay!! Happy Legal Day to me and the FI!!! Five Days til we leave!!

For those of you looking for photogs, Mike Cantarell and his team have been wonderful to work with and come highly recommended on BDW esp for their videography, reasonable prices as well!

Happy Legal Day!!! And you're from Nebraska! :) Wahoo! Thanks for the advice on Mike Cantarell, I'm researching him right now.
                      ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter