Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4341 msglave

msglave
  • 933 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

Sorry for the long message ladies-haven't been on here!
    The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#4342 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
    • 3,347 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:20 AM

Sorry I'm not keeping up with everyone, I kinda got called out at work for being on BDW so I need to watch my butt these days- which sucks with my wedding getting so darn close!

Anyways, Jess- that is awesome, congrats! Seems like your knack! I think you are going to be amazing!
      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#4343 lexibride

lexibride
      • 276 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Well I have to say that I'm one of the brides that has been dealing with the resort coordinator from the beginning and I have Lili. She was amazing at first but NOW I've heard nothing from her in weeks. I'm 2 1/2 weeks from my wedding - and haven't filled out the checklist because most of it is included in my package, I STILL haven't made any hair/makeup appts, and haven't paid any of my final payment. I've emailed her at least 15 times in the last two weeks and have emailed her manager twice and have received a forwarded email from her to Lili, but still nothing.

She was wonderful in the beginning, but now when it's important that I have all of my information I've got nothing. This is nothing short of a disaster and I can't even BEGIN to tell you how upset I am.

#4344 astreit

astreit
        • 182 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

My on-site coordinator is Lili too. I just was passed on to her a couple weeks ago. I emailed her last week and haven't received a response either. I have called Aja to make sure I have the right email, and I can't get Aja to answer either...her phone just rings and rings and rings.

#4345 dianep

dianep
          • 532 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

i know it's wedding season and they're likely super busy. i'm not asking them to stress over our weddings, but just to realize that WE ARE!
            http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
            and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4346 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
            • 110 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

Yes they are extremely busy. My onsite coordinator would usually get back with me within 24 hours. Now it's about 3-4 days but as previously stated it is wedding season. I have no doubt everything will be taken care of!
              ~Stacy

#4347 jesmcan

jesmcan
              • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                Sorry I'm not keeping up with everyone, I kinda got called out at work for being on BDW so I need to watch my butt these days- which sucks with my wedding getting so darn close!

Anyways, Jess- that is awesome, congrats! Seems like your knack! I think you are going to be amazing!
                awww thank you so much Steph that means a lot :) well I have you girls to thank for inspiring me to do this.
                The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#4348 smckinney22

smckinney22
                • 185 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

Ladies! Just found out some amazing news!! I thought you had to pay $25 per checked back…but NO! If you are flying American Airlines from US to Mexico you don’t have to pay for checked bags!! Also you can bring boxes with you as long as they meet the bag weight and size requirements: no more than 50lbs and no bigger than 62” total when adding together height, width and length.

Soooo….I’ll be packing everything in boxes within the requirements and since everyone is allowed 2 checked bags per person I'll be handing all my friends and family who’s on my flight a box and saying “here take this” LOL Then once there we can just trash the empty cardboard boxes and be good to go! No empty suitcases to bring back!!

Yay!!!

#4349 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
                  • 110 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by smckinney22
                    Ladies! Just found out some amazing news!! I thought you had to pay $25 per checked back…but NO! If you are flying American Airlines from US to Mexico you don’t have to pay for checked bags!!
                    Yay!!!

Really?! I thought the same thing!! You don't realize how happy this makes me!!! Thanks for the info!
                    ~Stacy

#4350 dianep

dianep
                    • 532 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by smckinney22
                      Ladies! Just found out some amazing news!! I thought you had to pay $25 per checked back…but NO! If you are flying American Airlines from US to Mexico you don’t have to pay for checked bags!! Also you can bring boxes with you as long as they meet the bag weight and size requirements: no more than 50lbs and no bigger than 62” total when adding together height, width and length.

Soooo….I’ll be packing everything in boxes within the requirements and since everyone is allowed 2 checked bags per person I'll be handing all my friends and family who’s on my flight a box and saying “here take this” LOL Then once there we can just trash the empty cardboard boxes and be good to go! No empty suitcases to bring back!!

Yay!!!
                      haha, i found out this SAME thing today - about being allowed two checked items for no extra charge - we're totally on the same page! :)

just be careful with the cardboard boxes - i did this when i lived abroad for a year. you want to make sure that the boxes are VERY sturdy and taped VERY well - the airline folks don't like the cardboard boxes, but they'll do it. just be careful so the boxes can withstand getting tossed around and shmooshed a little bit (i think smooshed is the technical airline term!).

but yeah, i am so excited that we'll be able to bring two pieces each! no having to cut down on the clothes and shoes i can bring! :)

has anyone called the airline about brining their dress on the plane with them? this is on my to-do list.
                      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter